BvS Hans Zimmer & Tom Holkenborg scoring Batman v Superman - Part 2

I gotta say, before this film, I was mainly really interested in just Batman and Superman. I mean, I was glad to be getting Wonder Woman, but not that invested in her story. But after the movie, I was incredibly impressed with Gal's WW, think she's just a great female main character, and am fascinated to see how her mythology ties into the story going forward.

She's so regal, and tough, and intelligent, elegant, and badass. And her score just perfectly reflects that. I got a real feeling of excitement over seeing her picture from the 1900's when I already knew she has been alive for a long time haha, and it's all because of the score that started playing. And then her full introduction, with the bracelets, the music just made that such a kickass moment (even though I KNEW it was about to happen! One of the things that really ticks me off about the marketing is how they spoiled so much of the film, that scene in particular).

But even with having those scenes completely spoiled for me (or for the most part, I pretty much knew it was coming) that music totally saved both scenes and gave me that "Aw snap!" feeling that you look for when you go to the movies.

When MoS first came out, I remember thinking "Now why the hell would they not use that iconic Donner Superman music?" But now I get it, and have come to really appreciate all the different character's themes thus far. Each theme really captures the spirit of that character.

Some of my favorite films in terms of the original theme (aside from Requiem For A Dream, though idk if that was an original score or not) are the Ennio Morricone spaghetti westerns, particularly Once Upon A Time In The West, where each character has a different leitmotif, and their themes play in tandem when they are on screen. I really appreciated what I had heard from Hans Zimmer before MoS, but he and Junkie XL have both really stepped up a notch for me, to that Morricone and Nino Rota (Godfather theme) status

Is She With You? is amazing. It's just so energetic and exciting. As a character, Wonder Woman is something of a mix between Batman and Superman. That's probably why I like her character. She has powers like Superman - strength, and invulnerability. And she is an amazing fighter, even better than Batman, and until recently, had retreated back into the shadows like Bruce.

Superman's theme was barely used. It was there but there wasn't enough 'super' in it. Just the slow parts and not the triumph parts if you know what I mean. Lex Luthor's theme was original and appropriate. Batman's theme was weak.

While the Wonder Woman theme is great, question...as it is used for most of the Trinity battle...is it really just the Justice League's theme? I mean it was used repeatedly in the final battle. Flaw.

Otis's theme from Superman: The Movie was later stolen which became Lex Luthor's theme.

I'm worried they are just going to substitute Wonder Woman's theme for the Justice League movie.

WW emerges in the Doomsday battle, that theme is heard, then, cut to her slowly rising her head from her shield...it is heard again...I think it's fine but then...it's heard for the third time once again after Batman says, "I thought she was with you"-trinity shot...and through-out most of the entire fight, only Wonder Woman's theme is used.

I can't believe some people don't like Batman's theme(s). Fight Night is one of my favorite on the track. And the track they use when Batman is introduced is brilliant for the horror moments.

I can't believe some people don't like Batman's theme(s). Fight Night is one of my favorite on the track. And the track they use when Batman is introduced is brilliant for the horror moments.
I think they nailed it too. It's like the Arkham Asylum video game Batman theme when played in a brooding manner.

I think they nailed it too. It's like the Arkham Asylum video game Batman theme when played in a brooding manner.

Yeah especially "Men are still Good" @4:45
I wish it was in the actual movie!

At least we get the Batman theme in the UC version of Bats lighting the signal. Love that.

yeah that parts a whole lot more epic

Yeah, Batman's themes and cues are the best on the soundtrack. Again, does anyone know if the exact piece of music played when WW is looking at the meta-human file available on the soundtrack? I know it's a version of 'Is She With You?" But since I don't have the score, yet, I want to know if it's on there....

I prefer the MOS score. I felt BvS was redundant.

I was so happy to hear Superman s theme (Flight) was back. Is she with you was the stand out for me, I spent $25 on the soundtrack just for that track. After all these months I'm still not over it and just got it as a ringtone.

Junkie XL: Batman v. Superman Fight Cue - Studio Time: S2E5

[YT]hUafqr_fJW8[/YT]

Hans Zimmer teaches film scoring.

[YT]yCX1Ze3OcKo[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"