1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

The ballot is here! Voting will end Feb. 4th!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

BvS Hans Zimmer & Tom Holkenborg scoring Batman v Superman - Part 2

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Mar 14, 2016.

1. gqxsensazn Registered

Which track was used for the Batman fight scene in the warehouse?

Also, I think Steve Jablonsky would be a great replacement for Hans Zimmer. Regardless how the Transformers movies were received, I really enjoyed his scores.

2. matt47 Registered

Fight Night, bonus track. So epic!

3. Aquafinn90 Registered

I totally LOVED this score. Im a huge Zimmer fan in general and to me this is second only to his work on Interstellar. That being said, his style is very bombastic, overdone, and in your face. So I can understand people not liking it, but for me, good lord was it brilliant. Standouts being the WW theme and Lex's Theme.

How does it work when someone takes over the Justice League score? are they able to use the existing themes for SS, Batman and WW and build on them or do they have to create something entirely new?

4. matt47 Registered

I hope they don't create new ones!

5. Aquafinn90 Registered

Well right I'm with you, but are they allowed to use his work?

6. matt47 Registered

Yeah they are allowed thankfully. The score is property of Warner Bros. not Zimmer per se.

7. AnneFan Hathaway #1

Going for new themes would be a mistake. The Superman sound is now fully established, and the Batman theme has nice variations too.

8. Aquafinn90 Registered

absolutely agree- Was just asking as I wasn't sure if a new composer was allowed to use someone else's themes

9. SiriusLee Registered

Loved the score! Beautiful Lie is so beautiful (every time I listen to it, it takes me back to that opening scene :hmr:), that and Batman's and WW's themes were probably my favourites. One thing I wish they had done though was play 'Goodbye My Son' from MOS during Supes' funeral, there may have been little snippets of it but I would have preferred it if that song had been played fully. Anyways, overall thought the score was beautiful

10. matt47 Registered

Twas just listening to the amazing score for Ex Machina and while listening to the track "Hacking/Cutting" I instantly thought it would've been awesome to hear something similar for the JL scene in BvS. It has this eerie feeling to it that I feel would have worked.
    Might have had to cut the scene differently though.

11. Metropolis_Man Mister Doctor?

Has anyone else tried putting the tracks in order on a playlist? Here's what I came up with and if you notice any that should be switched around let me know.

Beautiful Lie
    Their War Here
    Blood of my Blood
    Vigilante
    Red Capes Are Coming
    New Rules
    May I Help You Mr Wayne
    Day of the Dead
    Must There Be a Superman
    Do You Bleed
    They Were Hunters
    Problems Up Here
    Black and Blue
    Fight Night
    Tuesday
    Is She With You?
    This Is My World
    Men Are Still Good

I think the main tracks are generally in the correct order, it's just putting the bonus tracks in the right spots.

12. SPEK Registered

Someone posted this a few pages back. Their order is the same as yours except they have "Red Capes Are Coming" and "New Rules" flipped.

13. Metropolis_Man Mister Doctor?

That's the only one I was having trouble placing. There's a part when Alfred and Bruce are in the cave that parts of New Rules plays and also when Bruce has his giant bat nightmare when it plays as well. So Red Capes Are Coming happens between those two. Thanks for letting me know!

14. Jim-El "My Son"

This is one of my favorite Zimmer scores. The new Batman theme is great.

Thanks to MM & SPEK for the correct order!

15. The_Manhunter Zack Snyder & MCU Fan

I loved every second of this score. Bummed to see Hans retire. Althought Im kinda skeptical he will stay away for long

16. Micromind Registered

What's the name of the track played during Superman's funeral ?

17. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

I wouldn't want anyone to change Superman or Wonder Woman's theme... they are both wonderful and established.

Batman's theme, sadly, didn't have quite the same punch for me, so I'm all for a revision, or at the very least an expansion of some kind.

18. Kanye West Registered

If they change the superman theme i will be very very unhappy

19. AnneFan Hathaway #1

They should keep Batman's theme as is. That goes for the other themes too. Musical consistency is important for me.

20. ImperialBatman Registered

The Superman theme is incredible; I love the many variations of it. Zimmer totally knocked it out of the park. Wonder Woman's theme should stay as well, of course.

Batman's theme is... well, very loud. I have to say that I was expecting more from it. It's not bad by any means, but it pales in comparison to the themes from Elfman, Zimmer and even Goldenthal. It's not as structured, or "special" as the others. Really, it just needs to be fleshed out more.

21. try1231 Registered

Guys I made extended version of "This Is My World" because I loved this score so much.

https://youtu.be/XMmC2VYogMQ

Please feel free to listen and comment.

This is my first time so please let me know your suggestions. 😊

22. Bane Cook Registered

Don't take this as a complaining post because I'm not complaining at all. I loved the Batman we got in BvS.

But assuming Batman is going back to his more non-lethal ways after BvS, would you want his theme to reflect that?

The "DAHHH DA DA DA DAHHH" part is now kind of associated with merking people now for me. lol That musical cue plays whenever someone dies. For example when they showed the bat brand close up it plays, when Batman releases the wire and flips the car full of people onto the other car it plays, when that driver isn't paying attention to the road and drives into that gas trucks and it explodes it plays, and when that guy with the grenade explodes in the elevator it plays.

I love it, and honestly want it to return, but I think it might be kind of cool for a slight change in theme to reflect Bruce's journey. The first time we hear that theme in BvS is when Bruce is holding that girl and he's looking up at Superman with murderous rage.

I'd be okay with that theme being designated for when Bruce is at his lowest and cruelest. Maybe if Bruce struggles with this issue in the future it can return as well.

I'd suggest the new Batman theme be gothic as is necessary for Batman, but also have more hints of heroic and hopeful(now after Superman's influence) like TDKT had.

EDIT* If you're wondering what I'm talking about, it's the musical cue at the very beginning of this track.

[YT]z9BL59uiAz8[/YT]

#197 Bane Cook, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  23. Ovech-king Registered

Now this soundtrack was already epic enough but damn that choir part when the Wayne Tower falls down at 1:22 put this movie to an unreachable level soundtrack of epicness as far as CBM goes

[YT]watch?v=qH4ghLpMiRk[/YT]

24. SiriusLee Registered

I was watching a random video on facebook the other day and there was a voice-over with music playing in the background. Anyway, about half way through I started paying attention to the music and then I realised it was Beautiful Lie :hmr:

25. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Anyone know if the EXACT score used in the scene where WW is looking at the Meta-Human file, is on the soundtrack?