Old Birds of Prey Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sources add that the studio may possibly do another round of tests this week but have not determined if it would be a new round of women or same group.

Well they are gonna announce the casting by next month or so
I wonder if they might push the Release up because a week before Bond and its already an R rated film.
The budget would have to be akin to Joker for them to hold fast with that

I wonder if they might push the Release up because a week before Bond and its already an R rated film.
Yes I was surprised to see it so close to Bond.

Yes I was surprised to see it so close to Bond.

I think they had an unknown DC movie for the Valentine weekend locked down, now that’s BOP, moving up a week.

I am sure they are banking on a big opening weekend serving as a counter programming against 2 other kids movies, and use the Valentine weekend as a promo for girls/couples and the extended weekend will ensure really good 2nd week legs.

Plus Bond is never that big in US anyway, I seriously think BOP has a chance of topping it in its 2nd weekend.

Skyfall did $300M domestically. Spectre dropped to $200M.

Someone from another forum said that MEW has been cast as Huntress and WB will be testing actresses for the role of Black Canary this week.

He/she also mentioned earlier that WB really likes Margaret Qualley and they want her for a DC role. That poster also advised to take all of this with huge grains of salt.

Soooo how legit is CBM? They have an article saying MEW landed the role of Huntress, but I only found that article through Google, it's not on their site anywhere (especially the front if it were true) & if this was confirmed, it would've been all over the internet by now. :huh::huh:

Warner Bros' Untitled Birds of Prey Project, headlined by Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn, recently landed a February 7, 2020 release date, and now it looks like Robbie has her first co-star. Mary Elizabeth Winstead has landed the role of Helena Bertinelli a.k.a. Huntress, studio insiders revealed. Huntress is the Italian-born, anti-mafia vigilante known for her relentless, sometimes reckless, drive to avenge the murder of her entire family.

Winstead is coming off a strong few years with 10 Cloverfield Lane, FX's Fargo, and All About Nina, which is garnering her some awards buzz on the festival circuit. She will be seen next in Ang Lee's Gemini Man opposite Will Smith.

Last week, The Hollywood Reporter revealed a list of eight in-demand actresses up for the roles of Huntress, Black Canary, and Renee Montoya. Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Janelle Monae, and Jurnee Smollet-Bell are said to be vying for the role of Canary, while Justina Machado and Roberta Colindrez are in the running for Montoya. An additional round of testing is expected to take place this week to finalize the two roles. While it is unclear which new names are in the running for Black Canary, I am told that Michelle Rodriguez and Stephanie Beatriz may enter the mix for Montoya.

Rodriguez is coming off a strong performance in Steve McQueen’s Widows, the director's awaited follow-up to Best Picture winner 12 Years a Slave. Beatriz plays Detective Rosa Diaz on Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but given the extended season order from NBC, it is unclear if she will be available for the prep and shoot.

Once the adult members of the team have been cast, attention will turn to the roles of Cassandra Cain and Roman Sionis.

Winstead’s reps could not be reached for comment.

tNWmYOxd_o.png

dotViZon_o.png

dThgDSLA_o.png

I'm disappointed, I wanted Margaret Qualley for Huntress.

The role of Rene Montoya has yet to be decided and One Day at a Time‘s Justina Machado and Vida‘s Roberta Colindrez are in the mix.

I just remembered Shazam is the only DC movie I'm looking forward to...yikes

They took the Black Canary name a little too literally.

I understand we weren’t in the casting auditions, but at first glance if the roles were down to these two the first instinct was to swap them with who they were eventually cast as.

Would’ve preferred MEW as Canary and JSB as Huntress but still good choices.
I had the same reaction upon seeing the news. I suppose it doesn't really matter, but it's funny seeing that others had the same initial take.

I love the casting. Jurnee was amazing on Underground — a show I loved and still resent its cancellation — while MEW was quirky, tough, and funny on Fargo. They're talented women who I sense will have great chemistry together as a team.

JURNEE (BLACK CANARY)

tumblr_o6di68enPf1vr70odo7_400.gif
tumblr_o6di68enPf1vr70odo5_400.gif
tumblr_o6di68enPf1vr70odo2_400.gif

MEW (HUNTRESS)

tumblr_oos3bqlxaU1qmm8t3o2_400.gif
tumblr_oos3bqlxaU1qmm8t3o6_400.gif
tumblr_oos3bqlxaU1qmm8t3o1_400.gif

I had the same reaction upon seeing the news. I suppose it doesn't really matter, but it's funny seeing that others had the same initial take.
me three, are we sure WB didn't flip the names on line 1 and line 2 or something? :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"