DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

Nope. Can't say I agree with that at all. Whether Superman 1978, Man of Steel, or Superman and Lois, I enjoy them all, with Man of Steel being my favorite Superman film, though I think Hoechlin might have the best portrayal of both Clark and Superman, with that show nailing a lot about Clark and his family dynamic. But I'll leave it at that since I know many a-person here detest Man of Steel with a passion. But I love it and make no apologies for it no more than I would apologize for liking Superman 1978 or Superman and Lois.
To be clear, there are some elements of MoS that I like quite a bit. But there are many elements of it that I think miss the mark of what makes the character who he is. But I by no means fault anyone who likes the film and that was not my intention.
To me, MoS is a different take on the characters. And it doesn’t line up enormously well with how he and other characters are routinely portrayed in the comics. That’s all right, some people may like that better. But I personally am invested in how Superman is portrayed in the comics and the deviations didn’t land very well with me. But I accept that they might land better with someone else.

*extremely ‘Ben Wyatt hearing Joan Callamezzo tell the story of how Val Kilmer told her she should model as a teen’ voice*

Yeah, that never happened.

*extremely ‘Ben Wyatt hearing Joan Callamezzo tell the story of how Val Kilmer told her she should model as a teen’ voice*

Yeah, that never happened.

Side note I wish that Ben Wyatt line was a gif.

I’m not a huge Aronofsky fan and this rumour is straight up lies but this is the kind of thing I actually want from a James Gunn DCU. **** the Trinity, gimme Plastic Man! Animal Man! The Question! Etrigan!

Plastic Man does seem like a fun property to adapt though. Wouldn’t have thought it, but I ended up really liking the character during the JLA run with Morrison & Waid

I’m not a huge Aronofsky fan and this rumour is straight up lies but this is the kind of thing I actually want from a James Gunn DCU. **** the Trinity, gimme Plastic Man! Animal Man! The Question! Etrigan!

I do think DCU will find somewhere else to put Wonder Woman instead of a solo franchise (though I don’t necessarily agree). Maybe in another period piece with the JSA or maybe something in the magic realm—we already have Swamp Thing in development.

Been waiting for a Question movie for a long time. I guess it could be a series in today’s world

I’m sure Gunn will give us some great off the wall properties in his universe. I imagine it would all be too boring for him otherwise. At the same time he has to get the staple characters including the Trinity right, and he surely knows that given that he’s taken on the responsibility of Supes himself.

I still think there’s opportunity in properties like Blackhawks and Challengers of the Unknown. Gunn and Safran could even slap an Elseworlds label on either and attract some big name talent. We know Spielberg was interested at one point

Plastic Man does seem like a fun property to adapt though. Wouldn’t have thought it, but I ended up really liking the character during the JLA run with Morrison & Waid
It’s funny, but while I love the concept of the character, the execution really leaves him unlikable. It’s one of the few characters that I hated in Mark Waid’s stellar run.

Been waiting for a Question movie for a long time. I guess it could be a series in today’s world
If we could get a Question adaptation that is a mix between Denny O’Neil’s original run and the way that Greg Rucka wrote him in Huntress: Cry for Blood, I’d be a very happy man. One thing is for certain: I need Richard Dragon to be in it.

*cue Snyder bros ****-talking dinosaurs*

Snyder bros rn

cf507ae7ff68f7d1e13b57ee9db284a733fb67cb.gif

5aa8615b1a80cada24eed8fc53f413e689a9efeb.gif

a41301bb766dbb0ead0fd30375b90d0f3cb3525c.gif

Snyder bros rn

cf507ae7ff68f7d1e13b57ee9db284a733fb67cb.gif

5aa8615b1a80cada24eed8fc53f413e689a9efeb.gif

a41301bb766dbb0ead0fd30375b90d0f3cb3525c.gif
You joke, but there was literally a Snyder bro on Twitter for a while I kept seeing in the Legacy tag that was wishing some form of bodily harm specifically to David Corenswet every single day (broken leg, hit by car, etc. Kept being like, “I don’t need him dead, just a limb or two”) thinking Gunn would be forced to hire Cavill back for Legacy if it happened or the project would be cancelled entirely. :loco:

Paramount is in trouble. They are begging someone to merge with Paramount Plus and Peacock (aka Comcast/Universal) seems uninterested and now Max appears out. Maybe they are holding out hope Amazon will buy them like MGM...and good god please no!

There are times that Tyler’s performance reminds me of Christopher Reeves portrayal of Superman. Has Tyler spoken of researching the Reeves movies or did he draw from the comics?

Paramount is in trouble. They are begging someone to merge with Paramount Plus and Peacock (aka Comcast/Universal) seems uninterested and now Max appears out. Maybe they are holding out hope Amazon will buy them like MGM...and good god please no!
Skydance is still in the mix.

There are times that Tyler’s performance reminds me of Christopher Reeves portrayal of Superman. Has Tyler spoken of researching the Reeves movies or did he draw from the comics?
The only Supes he was familiar with was Dean Cain’s in L&C. Which makes sense as that’s the one his Clark is closest to imo.

Gunn has recently expressed interest in The Question. Fingers Crossed. And, in a new DCU that has already confirmed Metamorpho can Animal Man be far behind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"