Has Storm showed her full power?

javon

Superhero
Reaction score
I was wondering, since i don't have all the comics, have u guys ever seen storm's full potential while using her powers?

(and sorry 4 the other thread that was just like this one)

You will never see storms full potential because any time a writer wants, he can just make her do something more powerful than anything she's ever done and just say "she's letting out her full potential"

Doc Destruction said:
A thread so good, you made it twice!

I know! But i really didn't mean to. I tried to find if i could delete the other one but i didn't know how.

No, I think we may have seen the 50% mark but certainly not her full potential. Storm's one of those characters that should you showcase fully, would be difficult to see her operate with a team to take down enemies therafter that she could dispatch alone. For instance, for most foes that actually have to breathe, she could create a cyclone that could simply strip the oxygen from their lungs, denying them a chance or the ability to breath.

ever see the movie "Day after tomorrow"......

javon said:
I was wondering, since i don't have all the comics, have u guys ever seen storm's full potential while using her powers?

(and sorry 4 the other thread that was just like this one)

(Smile)
Yes she did,.... and scared the Xmen doing it.

Doom had encased her in metal,.. not knowing about her claustraphobia. She started a storm that would've destroyed Latvertia. her lighting cast offs, (Not the full strikes) hurt Peter Rasputin. When relieased she looked like a Black Phoenix and was radiating the same levels of power where the Xmen were freaking "Not Again"

I know about that Varient, but all she did was wind and lighting,litterally! She didn't do anything like, raise their body temperature,or drain the electrical energy from their brainwaves or anything like that. I just don't wanna see her become evil just to make wind and lighting, wheres the goddess within!

javon said:
I know about that Varient, but all she did was wind and lighting,litterally! She didn't do anything like, raise their body temperature,or drain the electrical energy from their brainwaves or anything like that. I just don't wanna see her become evil just to make wind and lighting, wheres the goddess within!
Well, she's used her powers to raise Magneto's body temp before (when the X-Men fought him in Antarctica). Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen her see things by their electomagnetic fields before.

She's also shown a lot of control over her lightning before. E.g., some giant villain was clutching a hostage in his arms, and she blew off both his arms with simultaneous lightning strikes without hitting the hostage. (I think this was in the story arc where they went to Africa and Psylocke w/ crimson dawn powers fought Shadow King.)

I think we pretty much hit her full power whenever she freaks out.

In think every Marvel character at their potential is capable of a lot. Storm could destroy the world, like someone said, Day After Tommorrow stuff. Hulk has punched a hole in reality, and can probablly do worse at "FULL" stregnth. So on....

XFanTim said:
Well, she's used her powers to raise Magneto's body temp before (when the X-Men fought him in Antarctica). Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen her see things by their electomagnetic fields before.

I figured she could do that XFanTim, but couldn't she just have killed him? I mean raising and lowering the body temperatrure can be deadly can't it? Or did she just hold back like usual?

And heres something: Pressure Gradient is the change in pressure over a distance. For example, in meteorology the Horizontal Pressure Gradient is the change in atmospheric pressure over a certain distance. The horizontal pressure gradient force (HPGF) is the force of air flow caused by a difference in pressure across an area. The Horizontal Pressure Gradient Force points toward low pressure perpendicular to isobars and geopotential height contours. The geostrophic wind results from a balance between the Horizontal Pressure Gradient Force and Coriolis Force.

* In the X2 novel, when storm was using her powers to escape those other flying planes, they said she manipulated pressure gradients while doing so. I posted this because i never saw her do it in the comics so i was wondering if u guys did.

XFanTim said:

See electromagnetic fields stuff? Where?! I always knew she saw the world as multicolored energy patterns and that she see's the sun,air,and water as patterns of energy. But where has she seen electromagnetic fields? I need to know!

Storm Vs. Gaia, the ultimate battle!!!

Wearing the white with black trim and Weighing in at one twenty five, the fiesty, white haired african goddess...STORM!!!

In the other corner, wearing gray with a color I can't remember and weighing in at Captain Planet, the not as fiesty, white haired african goddess....GAIA!!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.......LLLLLeeeeeet's get READY to RUMBLEEEE!!!

roach said:
ever see the movie "Day after tomorrow"......

So Storm's ultimate potential is to be absolutely ******ed?

Sorry, I hate that movie with a passion. Don't be mad and warn me, Lightning Strikes.

javon said:
If you mean full power as in "range" it depends on the writer.

I wrote a story once of a Danger-Room test done by the Xmen when she regained her powers,.... I went into detail as to what she saw and how she manipulated her area of the EMS to do the stuff she does.

I think the only copy of that story mat still be on the Storm Shrine,.. if they hadn't taken it off.

I had her using two ways to generate electricity,.... explained how she saw the EMS.

where did u write this stuff? I'd like 2 see.

No. I agree with Genesis 1. She has not been put in a position to really cut loose.

Like I said, if she was truly written to her full potential, everything else after would make the rest of her team kinda useless.

Thor can manipulate weather to an even greater degree in all respects than Storm can, but the rest of the Avengers have never been useless.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Thor can manipulate weather to an even greater degree in all respects than Storm can, but the rest of the Avengers have never been useless.
I disagree.

But that's the debate for a Storm/Thor or Thor/Storm thread.

TheCorpulent1 said:

If Thor went all out in every issue, you really think he'd need the rest of the team? At least 70% of the arcs they had would be useless since Thor could have stuffed them alone. Same for Storm, she can tap into the very pattern that makes LIFE on the planet, even on other planets, she could raise tidal waves, create hurricanes/tornadoes, ect. Should she come with that type of power every time, what type of threat is Mystique or Calypso to her? Sabertooth? Toad? Friggin' Mojo? None, so instead she's written limited and the series runs along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"