HBO's Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Hunter Rider, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maximus One

Maximus One Eklypze Is Dead

Know what you mean but for me Breaking Bad has just never left that spot. I'm just a Breaking Bad fanboy. SOA, GoT, BE, Dexter all come in behind it for me

2. Maximus One

Know what you mean but for me Breaking Bad has just never left that spot. I'm just a Breaking Bad fanboy. SOA, GoT, BE, Dexter all come in behind it for me

3. kedrell

kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

It's subjective, as in all things entertainment. I can't stand Walt's family and that brings that shown down for me.

Never watched SoA and I don't imagine I ever will since I have no interest in a show about biker gangs.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  4. Kane52630

Kane52630 Just Some Nut

Yeah Breaking Bad is still on top for me, everything else like GoT, Boardwalk, and Walking Dead are 2nd. (And that's coming from a huge Walking Dead and Boardwalk Empire fan).

5. kedrell

kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

BE, Dexter, BB, GoT are ALL quality as far as I am concerned. But for me I'd say GoT is the show that's on another level. The Season 2, Blackwater episode is probably the best hour of TV I've ever seen in my life.

6. Christopher Nolan

Christopher Nolan Well-Known Member

In my opinion, Breaking Bad is the best show ever, but The Wire is probably the most important television show ever considering the importance of all the things that the show tried to bring to the table. And there is also The Sopranos, also one fine piece of television art, these three television shows are untouchable in my opinion, it's hard to pick the best of these three shows, they are all fine piece of art.

Boardwalk Empire, GoT, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, Homeland are quality shows, but still cant catch up with these three extraordinary shows..

7. Maximus One

SOA is soooooo much more than just a show about biker gangs. They could very as well be knights riding on horses or something. It's sad that it has this stigma for being a show about bikers when it's so much more than that

8. Paradox1

Paradox1 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Lost as one of the greatest shows ever.

9. Maximus One

Oh don't get me wrong Lost IS the greatest show ever followed by Battlestar Galactica. I was just mentioning shows that are still currently airing. We talk shows that have ended The Shield and The Wire are way up there too. I would say Sopranos as I was a massive fan until the second half of season 6 killed it for me. Sopranos had a BAD tendency to start a story and dropping it and never taking it anywhere. I hold it no where near in such a coveted spot like most do. Lost, BSG, Breaking Bad and if they had been able to finish their runs Carnivàle and Caprica I'm sure would have taken the top spots for me

10. Paradox1

I've never seen Lost but i hear about how great it is around here a lot.BSG in the last season was really tough to watch it was by the worst season out the bunch. My top shows of all time are Seinfeld, Star trek tng, Star trek Ds9,
    The wire, and Dexter.I like breaking bad a ton but I think it's overrated to a certain extent.

11. Christopher Nolan

Lost is the greatest **** ever...mentioning Lost with the likes of BB, The Wire and The Sopranos is a ****in disgrace..

I watch SoA, but the main thing that drives Jax is the biker club...

12. Maximus One

It is but that wasn't my point. I mean, the show IS a massive retelling of Hamlet anyways. My point is that it's just more than a "biker" show. Thematically and structurally it just goes beyond that stigma. That's all I'm saying, you could easily swap out the club for like the Knights Templar or Freemasons or some such stuff and make the exact same show structurally and thematically speaking

13. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

Yeah, I was like, what do I care about bikers? Now it's my favorite show. :D

14. James

James Built from Lego

Do people really still like Lost, even after the ending? I'm not being snide, I'm genuinely asking.

I stopped watching 2-3 episodes in because I didn't want to invest in 6,7,8 seasons and then find out the explanation was crappy. Lucky I made that call too, because it could scarcely have been worse.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Go to youtube and type in Lost final scene, you tell me based on all of the views and likes if people liked the Lost ending.

It is a great ending to the series

16. Paradox1

Any story with a big mystery element like BSG and lost that are revealed at the end are usually a big disappointment. You spend all this time investing in the story having your own speculations and then it's ends being something simple you immeadtly dismissed like heaven really?! In the case of lost or angels in the case of BSG really?!

17. Maximus One

I loved the ending for Lost and BSG both. There were some answers in Lost I found underwhelming but they were kinda expected. Lost is seriously like the most existentially beautiful show ever. Same with BSG just more science fictiony.

18. Paradox1

I can't speak to how the Lost crowd felt about there ending since I've never seen a minute of it. However as someone who sat there through 5 seasons where the first four were fabulous then suffered through a meh last season. I found the ending of BSG turning out to be a story from the Morman bible as being very meh.

19. Maximus One

Oh you dick! That **** never even occurred to me before. Damn..... Now I feel like it was written by Stephanie Meyer or some ****. Eh, I don't care. I thought seasons 3 and 4 were the best of the entire show. To each his own. But still, I never even thought about that kind of connection

20. Paradox1

LMAO my bad, lol..... yeah Ronald D. Moore is a Mormon, if you didn't know, was a big influence on the show.

21. MarvelKnight

MarvelKnight Well-Known Member

First Three seasons of lost were absolutely phenomenal.

22. MarvelKnight

I think the first 3 seasons of lost were absolutely fantastic. I stopped watching after that. I watched the final season just to see what they'd do and I wasn't a big fan of it. I figured from jump that was what was going on when they dropped that ending on us.

23. MarvelKnight

Back to Boardwalk. Didn't see Slater biting the dust. I wonder if Harrow will get out of the ****ehouse and start working for Nucky some time soon.

24. Christopher Nolan

there are two options regarding richard:

either they let him get peace with his new girlfriend and jimmy's kid or they have to pull him back into the business.

25. Paradox1

I hope they don't pull Mr. Harrow back in somebody deserves some happiness on this show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.