HBO's Boardwalk Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Billie :csad:

BilCw.gif

Zr8r4.gif

BfeOS.gif

Owen's demise felt imminent for awhile now but still bummed to see him go, the editing of Owen's last conversation with Margaret was nicely done, I could see Nucky drawing Richard to aid, just this one time, especially if Richard's considering starting a life with Julia and Jimmy's son. Anyway two episodes left to go and hopefully it'll be on par to last season's when it comes to intensity. I love that they use The National again for the cover of I'll See You in My Dreams.

They are doing their damndest to make him a caricature. I know there were violent gangsters but this man is the most ignorant angry man ive ever seen on tv. I just want to smack him and tell him to get over himself

I have to say though that it was a brilliant moment which perfectly summed up how psychotic Gyp is. His cronie was pleading for the life of his cousin, but the way Rosetti interpreted it, the cronie wanted him to murder his cousin.

When the guy started talking about how his cousin was family Gyp thought of his own family, which he clearly hates. In his warped mind he assumed that's how everyone else feels about family. So he did his cronie a "favour" by murdering his cousin, that's how Rosetti saw it.

The man is truly bonkers. I don't know how Masseria can say that Rosetti is someone who grows and can become a boss when he was on the verge of whacking him for the very fact that Rosetti is insane and cannot be controlled.

The man is truly bonkers. I don't know how Masseria can say that Rosetti is someone who grows and can become a boss when he was on the verge of whacking him for the very fact that Rosetti is insane and cannot be controlled.

during this time, you needed guys like gyp...

I have to say though that it was a brilliant moment which perfectly summed up how psychotic Gyp is. His cronie was pleading for the life of his cousin, but the way Rosetti interpreted it, the cronie wanted him to murder his cousin.

When the guy started talking about how his cousin was family Gyp thought of his own family, which he clearly hates. In his warped mind he assumed that's how everyone else feels about family. So he did his cronie a "favour" by murdering his cousin, that's how Rosetti saw it.

It does make you wonder why anyone woul continue to work for him. Like you could die at any moment. :(

i got a feeling Rosetti's right hand man is going to turn on him after what happened to his cousin last episode

WOW!!

Great episode!!!

Direction, acting, editing, and screenwriting are all very well done!!

Best one of the season!!

it really would break my heart if they would kill richard's girlfriend just to make him turn "evil"..

Last edited:
it really would break my heart if they would kill richard's girlfriend just to make him turn "evil"..

I wouldn't say they'd do it to turn him evil. I was thinking that Gillian may call on Gyp to stop Richard from running off with Tommy, but Julia is killed in the crossfire.

I really have a feeling that Richard will end up killing Rosetti without Nucky even having to ask for his help.

I hope not, Richard has been through enough. :(

I wouldn't say they'd do it to turn him evil. I was thinking that Gillian may call on Gyp to stop Richard from running off with Tommy, but Julia is killed in the crossfire.

If that should happen, Gyp will not be the only one who has to die. Richard will also go for Gillian.

I knew Owen was a goner, but i thought it would have been at the hands of Nucky. Dam! :(

Jimmy was the only unexpected death of those three...for me anyway.

Last edited:

The reason Gyp killed him with the shovel was he considered it an act of mercy as compared to waiting hours for the tide to come up and slowly drown him. Ergo, in Gyp's warped mind, he did his minion a favor.

But really Gyp is just becoming a terrible caricature who needs to leave the show.

great season so far and it was funny to see the wheels turning in Nuck's head when he realized what Margaret had been doing behind his back. Roseti is a mad dog who's off the leash he's beaten and killed more people this season than Tony Soprano in the entire run of the show. That dog needs to be put down and I've never been so excited to see a character on the show die. However he goes I hope it hurts for a very long time.

Oh, I am expecting his demise to rather permanent. :p

I was in a similar boat to you. I held off watching BB for a while just because the synopsis also didn't hook me right away.

The first season was a little slow for me but by the 1st episode of season 2 i was beyond hooked. Pretty much everyone i know who enjoys boardwalk empire also likes breaking bad.
Walkter and nucky make for interesting character comparisons.

Well I sat down this last week and saw the whole 4 & 1/2 seasons and on the whole I liked it. I still prefer Boardwalk Empire since it has the added bonus of being a period piece which is another dimension of interesting that BB doesn't have to carry it through the slower, more boring parts that all shows have(BB=Walter's home life; BE=Margaret's hospital hobby).

How dare you speak ill of Breaking Bad! Lol even I can admit it gets boring in parts but also I've never seen a show that can make a scene speak so loudly with little to no dialogue

Hadn't noticed the non-dialogue scenes speaking any louder than ones in other shows. To me GoT & BE are still my favorites on TV at present with Dexter & BB coming in next. But it's all fluid since Dexter used to be my #1 back in it's first couple of seasons and season 4. Nothing holds #1 for very long til something new comes and knocks it off the mountain top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"