Logan He has a lot of catching up to do with Logan! The PROFESSOR X PATRICK STEWART Thread

Reaction score
:ilv: YAY! Patrick Stewart will be back next year in the big screen as Professor X!

I can't wait to see him again for his 7th film in the X-Men film series! :woot:

with a levitating chair? Wait, what's that even called?

Oh great. The possibility hadn't even crossed my mind for some reason. Would love to see him again.

I went to see Patrick and Ian's play "No Man's Land" on Wednesday. It was tremendous. They are both such wonderful talents, I can't wait to see Xavier again.

More of these guys please.

with a levitating chair? Wait, what's that even called?

You'll be lucky.

The images seen so far show Wolverine pushing Xavier in a normal wheelchair.

Is his hover chair at the repair centre? :loco:

(No one in this franchise cares about continuity, they never watch each other's films)

I doubt the hover chair makes an appearance, xavier didn't looked very independently capable for it to be useful anyway.

I doubt the hover chair makes an appearance, xavier didn't looked very independently capable for it to be useful anyway.

Seems odd for the technology to go backwards though.

More annoying that the various directors/writers obviously don't look at the other films in the franchise, they all work completely independently...

I think Xavier is dead throughout most of this movie. He kind of looks like a ghost in the released picture. And now I see you guys talking about a levitating chair.

It has never once clicked with me that Charles could die since its a wolverine solo movie and id have thought as he already was killed in X3 and brought back they wouldn't bother killing him off in film again but... There is a shot of What looks like Logan holding a shovel? I think it's a shove as X23 holds his hand...

Hmm... Given the tone of this movie i actually wouldn't be surprised if that is what happens, infact wow this could be a pretty depressing movie.

My early speculations are that Charles tries to convince logan to look after her but he is reluctant so charles will be around for a little to be the bridge between the 2 but then something happens to Charles leaving just her and Logan with only each other.

Last edited:
Patrick Stewart looks fantastic in this. So much emotion from him alone in trailer.

Patrick Stewart looks fantastic in this. So much emotion from him alone in trailer.

Exactly, every time he speaks or is on screen is so emotional... the look he gives when they are around the table
4623.gif
...and expressions in Hugh's and Dafne's faces... it really is the best trailer in a very long time IMO.

Yeah I can see Xavier dying in this movie. But man... all of his shots in the trailer. All the feels really. All the feels.

I have had enough of Logan and Xavier so I am not really sad if they bite the dust this time!

I think Xavier is dead throughout most of this movie. He kind of looks like a ghost in the released picture. And now I see you guys talking about a levitating chair.

He should have been dead by DOFP. I hope he's a ghost in this movie because that's the only way you could explain his existing during this part of Wolverine's life.

He should have been dead by DOFP. I hope he's a ghost in this movie because that's the only way you could explain his existing during this part of Wolverine's life.

James McAvoy was 35 years old in DOFP, which took place in 1973, approximately 50 years before Logan which (supposedly) is set in 2024.

Which would make Charles 85. Nothing wildly implausible there.

I have had enough of Logan and Xavier so I am not really sad if they bite the dust this time!

Of course my point on response to this post got deleted by C. Lee... :woot:

Last edited:
James McAvoy was 35 years old in DOFP, which took place in 1973, approximately 50 years before Logan which (supposedly) is set in 2024.

Which would make Charles 85. Nothing wildly implausible there.

Honestly, I'm kind of amused how they have to use movie magic to make Patrick Stewart look. . . not that much older than he actually is. Because he scarcely looks much worse now than he did 30 years ago.

That said, 2024 seems kind of soon, and a bit odd for what seems to be a borderline post-apocalyptic world. I'm going to assume that, in this timeline, things went to hell quite a number of years earlier than the present day. Like, you had war and social collapse occur in the mid 2000s, circa X-Men 3.

Agreed. It's impressive how aged he looks. Especially if you watch something he's on now like Blunt Talk and the man does not look a day older than his time as Picard on Star Trek: Next Generation.

Agreed. It's impressive how aged he looks. Especially if you watch something he's on now like Blunt Talk and the man does not look a day older than his time as Picard on Star Trek: Next Generation.

Oh he has noticeably aged alright if you really compare him back then to now, it would be going abit far to say he hasn't

Last edited:
I mean, sure, but he doesn't look terrible or almost unrecognizable for his age. He still looks young compared to someone like Tim Curry, even though Curry is six years younger than Stewart.

When I met Stewart his age was on full display. I couldn't shake his hand because he has bad arthritis. But he was definitely a nice guy. Didn't seem stuck up at all.

Yeah I thought his age was showing a bit in DOFP as well to be honest. He still looks amazing, but he isn't 25 anymore. ;)

He looks great for his age... And there's always make up and CGI if they really want to make him look younger.

Stewart is amazing. Really is one of the all time greats to be honest.
Real, down to Earth, no attitude on show. Amazing history of performances.
Claudius - a great movie to watch where he portrays a Roman. With his OWN, REAL, full set ot HAIR. Looks like Richard Gere but then 100x the better actor.
His voice is absolutely stunning.

It's not an easy task to fill in the shoes of William Shatner's Kirk, even though by today's standards Kirk looks rather 'corny' - he was a super-superhero back then. He did magnificient and in a good amount of regions, I think he's even the better captain.
For both the series and the movies, though offcourse Shatner will have a certain 'emotional' value on the series that Picard is able to get close to but never fully 'embrace'.

His casting as Xavier was absolutely spot on and to be honest, the reason why I became interested in the X-men movie adaptations when i first heared of it. I must say that McAvoy is a great actor too that initially couldn't warm me up too much but after the 2nd and 3rd did a great job at being a 'replacement' (likewise fassbender) while the rest to be honest is completely mediocre - offcourse i'm happy there's still original Wolverine - whom really is the other reason my interest spiked on the fist X1.

I haven't say the X-men movies gave me a feeling that made me feel like 'what a time to be alive' - the original ryan reynolds deadpool depiction was a hideous fail to be honest - but it was very much ok with a sense of great stuff in it.

This movie - as judged from the trailer - is the opposite in the right direction. I can't remember reading and seeing so much awesomeness for a movie. Then again, I was absolutely excited for Suicide Squad but boy was i let down with that one.

I am preparing myself for total heartbreak in seeing Xavier die. Oh man. I dont want Stewart to be dying. But really, the trailer is not lying. I don't see how he can't end up really dying. Who else could Wolverine take effort in properly burying? my gawhd the feelliiiings.

I can only hope for the tiniest amount, that SOMEHOW, Logan's 'still having time' means he can fix it all. Can X-23 turn back time? Or will this be the tragically sad end of the mutants, and will X-23 simply be the surviving 'new mutant' and in due time, mutans will rise again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"