Hellboy 2 Viral Marketing Campaign

Armored Avenger

A Wizard is never late...
Reaction score
A new website has been found which looks like it could be a new viral site for Hellboy 2:

http://www.hetfet.org/

(The URL for the site was found included in the trailer on the official site)

hmm i really hope they don't play up to the stupid Ireland stereotypes. the whole history of the giants causeway alone is brilliant and perfect for hellboy, but i sadly get the feeling tis all going to me top of ta morning and leprechauns :(

hmm i really hope they don't play up to the stupid Ireland stereotypes. the whole history of the giants causeway alone is brilliant and perfect for hellboy, but i sadly get the feeling tis all going to me top of ta morning and leprechauns :(

Don't worry - it isn't. Any any way, shape or form. G doesn't play to stereotypes, and the Causeway is a brilliant backdrop to the story.

HM

I'm looking forward to it at any rate. Anybody have any leads yet?

Curious. I appreciate the link. Definitely one to follow.

Don't worry - it isn't. Any any way, shape or form. G doesn't play to stereotypes, and the Causeway is a brilliant backdrop to the story.

HM

thats great to hear, it should be interesting to see how they go about it

Where did this site come from anyway? Who was it that first discovered it.

The website has been updated. The writing now says:

"Rise up, prepare to act,
The future is bleak in fact,
Unite as one,
Oh earthly son,
Protect the ancient pact."

Ok...I wonder what that means.

When the first writing came up i thought the site was supporting Nuada and his plans, but this new update contains writing saying "Protect the ancient pact", and seeing as Nuada plans to break the pact be going to War with the human world, i think this site might now be related to his father and his fathers supporters or to the human world.

Not unless the 'Earthly Son' is Hellboy himself - and the ancient pact we know is between the Elven world and the world of Man - and Nuada seeks to break that pact. In which case HB would be the one protecting it? Just a thought ...

HM

Might be Nuala's message. However, depending on how nuts Nuada is, this could be his slogan. Think about it: Maybe Nuada sees the humans encroaching on the other world as threatening the pact, even though there may not have been any actual physical contact between the other world creatures and the humans.

That's interesting, but I don't see anything on craigslist about it being a HBII promotion.

I wonder what this viral game will give us (if anything). We have already had 2 trailers and alot of posters and pictures from the film. I think this game might just be a game, and have no "rewards" (unlike the Dark Knight viral campaign, which has the games result in a trailer or picture most of the time). I would not mind if we did not get a reward - just having a viral marketing campaign for Hellboy 2 is good enough!

I agree. Just playing another game...to help get my mind off of TDK would be nice.

Has anybody noticed a new message on the HETFET site?

A very dark day in our prime,
Our planet is covered in grime,
Pray hear our concern,
All ye to learn,
Five plus one less than a dime.

I'm not sure. I'm trying to work the numbers. 4 seems to easy a guess...but maybe they are going for simplicity.

5+1<.10???

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"