"Five plus one less than a dime"

5 + 1=6

10-6=4

June 4th?

"Five plus one less than a dime"

5 + 1=6

10-6=4

June 4th?

Or maybe ... the poem changed on the 15th - plus four is the 19th - the 19th April is the NYCC Hellboy II Q & A panel. :D:D And if that ain't wild conjecture I don't know what is!

HM

I think they're saying 5+ (10-1)= 14

In math word problems that ^ is how it would work.

I really don't know...it's so vague, it could be saying anything. We may just have to wait for the next clue.

I don't know if this anything to do with anything but replacing the last two letters in the URL (http://hetfet.org/img/img/SS.jpg) with either LL, TH or ET brings up a specific limeric (this was all figured out by the guys on unfiction, not me) - I'm totally spitballing, but the only one that doesn't mention a number is ET, the one that talks about a countdown, so let's say that is the first one, as it is also first alphabetically. Assuming the numbers are significant, and using the alphabet to dictate order, here's what I got:

ET
LL: One
SA: Five, One (The line is 'five plus one less than a dime', so, if dime is Ten, that gives us Fourteen)
TH: One, Nine (The line is 'One nine of a month yet unkown', so could mean Nineteen)

I really don't see anything there, but I'm hoping it sparks someone else off.

^ Interesting. The link you provided only shows text, but if you add the 2 letters after the backslash, it'll pull up the site with the image. http://hetfet.org/ (ET.JPG)(LL.JPG) etc..etc..

I've played with it a little bit, and you can pretty much add anything you want and it'll pull up a random different screen.

I wonder if they are spelling something out? Maybe it'll lead to a new site?

Holy explicit easy-to-interpret clues Batman! I think we're supposed to be keeping an eye out tomorrow - there's a new limerick on the site:

'Four out of twelve leads the way,
Twenty less one points the day,
Of primary concern,
For thou to learn,
Fine creatures in dire dismay.'

Four out of twelve - I'm assuming that's months, so April. Twenty less one (19) points the day.

April 19th.

Sorry, double post, but it's been figured out the two letter combo for this pic (the others were ET, SA, LL, TH) is VE. To me, if we get another image, that looks like it's going to spell out:

Save The T??ll (troll maybe?)

Awesome! You've done some amazing detective work. I guess we'll be waiting for the big reveal tomorrow? Assuming, "troll" is the word...what do you think it means?

I can't take all the credit - a guy on unfiction was instrumental in my surmisings (i.e. I have no idea how he worked out the image was 'VE').

Um... what it means... well, anything I say is pure speculation but the limerick talks about 'creatures in dismay' so perhaps if hetfet.org opens up tomorrow it will involve us playing a game that requires to save a troll. That's my guess. And it's based on an incomplete anagram, so take it with a mountain of salt.

LOL! Noted.

If you look at the page's source code, you'll be able to see where he's coming up with those letters. Have you noticed that you can click "refresh" and it'll pull up a different limerick? That's beside the point...

Oh! I see it now! Haha. I learned something new today.

I knew about the refresh thing, yes.

Also, I must admit that I'm extremely flattered to have been accused of being a ninja. It makes me feel smart.

Good! Your super sleuth skills, I think, really helped push this along.

If you are right about tomorrow, you'll be getting a big high-five from me!

SHH boards seem to be a bit slower on the uptake than the guys on unfiction, so I'm purely just relaying this, Nighthawk spotted it - imdb.com lists a character named 'Troll' being played by Brian Steele in HB2. The plot thickens!

I think I'm going to have to start keeping up with unfiction now! Thanks for the info!

SHH boards seem to be a bit slower on the uptake than the guys on unfiction, so I'm purely just relaying this, Nighthawk spotted it - imdb.com lists a character named 'Troll' being played by Brian Steele in HB2. The plot thickens!

Yep - Brian plays four characters in the film - Fragglewump, Cathedral Head (the map vendor), Wink, Prince Nuada's hench-troll, and another troll.

HM

So it is possible that the message could be, "save the troll."

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

There's a new site that can be found on hetfet.org, I won't give it away cos the puzzle is really easy, but I will say that Lexi is soooo hot.

WHAT THE H!! I had to take a trip to Houson and now the computer I'm using is not letting me open up hetfet.org. Is that part of the puzzle? I am so angry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"