Hello, again....

Devil-In

Civilian
Reaction score
Ah, it's good to be back at the Hype! A bit of an introduction...

I've gone by many names here, and done/seen a great many things. I helped with the Joker viral marketing gimmick. Way back when I saw the leaked stuff on Doc Ock from Spider-Man 2 before it was released. Heck, I've been here since this place was just SPIDER-MAN HYPE, a site looking forward to the then-unreleased Spider-Man film with Tobey Maguire.

Many things have changed, and I have grown up, the Hype along with it. I plan/hope to stay this time.

I am a true comic nerd. I have love for all things Superhero. I have preferences, sure, but I am not a hater. Marvel and DC and all in between have their places in all our hearts, and we aren't ones to judge another for their particular Spandex-clad freak.

As a side note, does anyone here have any clue at all about adding Avatars/Signatures? It used to be in EDIT OPTIONS, but that was many moons ago, and I cannot figure it out for my life.:wall:

Avatars and Signatures are in the User CP. You can't add an Avatar until you reach 300 posts, I think. However, quick question: You say you've been here before, under other names? Were you banned? If so, this post was a bad idea...

Even if I was banned (which I wasn't) it really wouldn't matter to me much. I just occasionally move on to more important things, which leads to new places to live, new computer rebuilds and lose of Usernames and passwords. This place is very dear to my heart, I will always come back.

We want credentials DAMMIT! :cmad:

NAME

SOCIAL SECURITY

BIRTH CERTIFICATE

:o

Were you registered when it was called Spider-Man Hype, or did you read up on here until you finally joined later?

Just wondering, what was the leaked info about Doc Ock?

The oldest name I come up with is Bloodsword....and he wasn't banned....so he may be OK.

And check the links in my signature for info on avatars and such.

Registered in '01. Didn't post until '06. Last post in '07. Cool.

I registered in 05, stopped posting until 08-09 then started again so it's not umpossible :p

What are these great many things that you've done? I want to know.

When was the last time you were here?

Posting? God knows. I never really got much into posting on the forums because so many people around here are/have been grossly immature and flame wars were, at least back in the day, abundant. I prefer talking rather than getting into "who has a bigger superhero phallus" arguments, and always have.

I want to hear the great legend of Devil-In.

In a nut shell, see my first post. Been here, lurking in the shadows, since the beginning, and I come out when the time is right and there is a need for me.

Were you registered when it was called Spider-Man Hype, or did you read up on here until you finally joined later?

Both, if I remember correctly. Spider-Man Hype was pretty much my first outting onto the internet to find (then minimal) info on the Spider-Man movie.

The oldest name I come up with is Bloodsword....and he wasn't banned....so he may be OK.

And check the links in my signature for info on avatars and such.

Hello again, C. Lee. I like the fact that I have become my own viral marketing gimmick, lol. I never went by the name Bloodsword (I'm interested to see how you trace such things) I did go by BloodyDreams or something along those lines when I was in junior high and kept that name for a while. However, as I grew, so did my tastes in net handles, and I deemed that one a bit immature, further necessitating the need for a new username.

I have never been banned, nor do I believe I have ever even received an infraction.

What are these great many things that you've done? I want to know.

Probably the greatest thing I was directly involved in was the Joker Viral stuff. I remember there was a giant IM conversation or IRC where many posters went the decode the message left on the net by the Joker. If memory serves correctly, I correctly guessed "The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules...". Then there was a hoopla about WB. letting us in on the secret (the picture of Joker in the back of the car that was cut from the film) before the actual message was decoded. I got the Newspapers, Harvey Dent Bumper Stickers/pins, everything in a box somewhere.

This was my highpoint, I think. My father had many books on Hollywood-level Make-Up tips, and I helped many a Hype-ster with making their Joker scars, and I made a fairly interesting costume myself.

Just wondering, what was the leaked info about Doc Ock?

Keep in mind, this was months before the film. Someone had managed to sneak some test footage or something of the prototype Doc Ock tentacles in action (some of this footage was put into the film, such as the arms lighting a cigar for him, drinking from a glass, etc.) At the time, it was against policy here to post banned/leaked stuff (as it always is) and we weren't supposed to see it (but that doesn't ever stop some people) and I was one of the lucky few to see it in action.

If I remember right, there was a big uproar at the time and we didn't want another Power Ranger villain like what Green Goblin turned out to be. We wanted to see it (before the trailer was released) to see if the movie was really "worth" the Hype, if you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"