HELP - Suggestions on controllers.

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by Neto Magnus, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Neto Magnus Registered

I recently got into mame but I hate playing games with a keyboard so I was wondering what kind of controllers you guys would recommend for PC.

I just ordered this thing...
    http://xgaming.com/tankstick-arcade-game.shtml
    for fighting games. But I would also like to use regular controllers as well.

Also, I need some info on good Steering Wheels & Light Guns for PC.

thanks.

2. GFreeman Registered

The 360 controller works if you have one, just plug it in.

3. Havok83 Registered

I think the 360 is horrrible for 2D fighers and pretty much any older games. The placement of the directional buttons (which you will be using) was NOT built for those games. Its too close to the face buttons and it feels awkard.

Id reccommend sticking with a controller thats closer to the PS2 design bc that is more in line with a SNES controller, which is what many of those games were played. If you already have a PS2 controller, Id say just get a USB adapter to use on your PC

I use my 360 controller for current 3D gaming and PS2 for older 2D games