• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

help with bulimia

danger

Sidekick
Joined
Apr 29, 2003
Messages
1,472
Reaction score
0
Points
31
hey everyone, well for the past 3 months or so, my ex-girlfriend and best friend has been telling me she's been throwing up after eating. im the only one she's told, she hasnt told her family and not even her boyfriend. well, i know the damaging effects of it, and i care about her, and i dont want anything to happen to her. i was just wondering if anyone else has had a friend or family member go through this, or if you have, and if you have advice to help them.
 
Tell them you love them, surf on webmd.com they give good health points, tell her family. Dont let it just go on. Even if she hates you for doing it, you need to stop her before it gets worse than it is.
 
Is that a serious post by muscles?:eek:
 
Muscles is right.

You should inform her parents dude.
 
she told me she's going to do it no matter what, and i can either accept it and get over it, or just stop talking to her. this is so frustrating. she's stubborn and just won't listen.
 
For the love of God, go somewhere else for advice, for possibly "Life and Death" advice!
Kthx
 
Her parents should be able to get her into some sort of therapy/rehab for her problem but you need to tell them.
 
musclesforsupes said:
Tell them you love them, surf on webmd.com they give good health points, tell her family. Dont let it just go on. Even if she hates you for doing it, you need to stop her before it gets worse than it is.
okay, nevermind.
good advice.





















FROM MUSCLES?!?!?!

ChrissyW.jpg
 
Yeah I'd say she needs help man, but if you tell she's probably going to hate you, for a while anyway. Maybe not after she gets better. It's a tough choice.
 
so, i should tell her parents then. i dont think she would ever forgive me for that.
 
Wilhelm-Scream said:
He's really eroding his mystique today.

I don't want to see the man behind the curtain. :(
 
danger said:
so, i should tell her parents then. i dont think she would ever forgive me for that.
What happens to her if you don't tell though? Like I said, it's a tough choice.
 
danger said:
so, i should tell her parents then. i dont think she would ever forgive me for that.

Would you rather have her sick/dead and happy with you or alive and unhappy with you?
 
you're right. i'd be willing to sacrifice our friendship if thats what it takes.
 
She'd forgive you. At least once she's cured and not hating herself anymore.
She'll realize how you helped her and maybe love you more. Un less of course the total opposite happends.
 
danger said:
you're right. i'd be willing to sacrifice our friendship if thats what it takes.
:( :up:
 
danger said:
hey everyone, well for the past 3 months or so, my ex-girlfriend and best friend has been telling me she's been throwing up after eating. im the only one she's told, she hasnt told her family and not even her boyfriend. well, i know the damaging effects of it, and i care about her, and i dont want anything to happen to her. i was just wondering if anyone else has had a friend or family member go through this, or if you have, and if you have advice to help them.

youre so selfish. cant you let her be skinny and happy with no esophagus?
 
I think its funny when people get surprised that I can post serious, its like I have the brains of a meatball or something lol.
 
Also, didn't you learn anything from Fox& the hound

Big Mama: Tod, that Copper is going to come back a hunting dog, a real killer.
Young Tod: Oh no, not my friend Copper. He won't ever change.
Big Mama: I hope you're right.
Young Tod: And we'll keep on being friends forever. Right, Big Mama?
Big Mama: Darling, forever is a long, long time, and time has a way of changing things.
 
she told you this because she knows you care for her, and that you'd help her....she wants help, thats why she told you. you NEED to tell her parents so they can get her the professional attention and help that she really needs. she may be mad at you, but if you care for her, im sure you'd rather have her alive and angry at you, rather than dead! and im sure she will forgive you in time, especially after she gets better. you may even want to give her the oppertunity to tell her parents herself...but tell her if she doesnt, you will. but she's NOT gonna get better without help. you can provide her with that help. do it.
 
Wilhelm=Steve?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"