'Heroes' Creator Apologizes to Fans for lackluster season.

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score
Interview with Kring about why HEROES has been lackluster this season:

THE ROOKIES DIDN'T GREET THEMSELVES PROPERLY :New Heroes Monica (Dana Davis), Maya (Dania Ramirez), and Alejandro (Shalim Ortiz) ''shouldn't have been introduced in separate story lines that felt unattached to the show. The way we introduced Elle (Kristen Bell) — by weaving her in via Peter's story line — is a more logical way to bring new characters into the show.'' (That said, Kring says a few newbies won't make it beyond this second volume, which wraps Dec. 3.)

Are they axing Monica and Maya and co..? :csad:

Full interview here:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

While I appreciate his honesty, I really feel that he shouldn't have to succumb to whatever fans tell him. I don't think a fan-driven show is good either. There needs to be balance, and balance is somewhere in between.

I also am surprised that he thought a slow buildup would be good for Vol 2. We know most of the Heroes and their powers, so this whole "starting over" thing never really made sense unless they replaced the entire cast. I appreciated the slow buildup of Monica's power, and learning about Maya and Alejandro's powers as well. But the rest... it got old.

I agree with most of his points... specially about Hiro's story on Japan being too long. Not sure about the new characters...

sounds to me they are taking the 'lost' approach to storytelling

meh

I agree with most.....but i thought the buildup of Hiro at first stunk but I liked the payoff with kensei being Adam...well worth it IMO...Maya storyline stunk I thought

I agree with most.....but i thought the buildup of Hiro at first stunk but I liked the payoff with kensei being Adam...well worth it IMO...Maya storyline stunk I thought
But if Hiro story in the past would have ended in ep 3 or 4, and we get some episodes where nothing seemingly related happening, and then Kensei appears as Adam, IMO would have been cooler

But if Hiro story in the past would have ended in ep 3 or 4, and we get some episodes where nothing seemingly related happening, and then Kensei appears as Adam, IMO would have been cooler

good point...would have been more suprising I guess

I agree with most of what he said, Hiro story should have been over in 3 eps rather than 7 and the new characters should have been woven into the main plot more.

Yaeko and Hiro feels a bit forced to me, but hey if Super Powers and a cool costume can't get you laid then dammit nothing will. I guess I can't blame her for thinking he's all that. I mean dude controls space and time and rocked that *****in' Samurai Armor that's pretty spiffy! As for Claire and West, I don't mind her liking him I just feel like they should have had deeper dialogue...but looking at their specific situation.

If I thought I was the only one of my kind in the world and then suddenly I discovered that a super hot chick or guy was in my same situation I could see a sort of Dependant/Symbiotic relationship forming out of their extraordinary predicament.

you know whats good this was every problem with the show and he addressed it. usually people will shy away and say oh this is still great and BS there way around this and say its still good and this is my work. but he is gonna fix it so spread the word heroes is on its way back. hopefully now he decides to sell this season's dvd cheaper than last maybe 20-30 bucks. especially since its only gonna be 11 episodes

Maya's story doesn't suck...they just need to speed it up. How many times can we see them struggling to get across the border? We get it...you hurt people, let's move on. I could have done without the whole escape from jail part. They could have just as easily been hitch hikers picked up by an American.

My friend and I came up w/ a cool theory about Sylar, Alejandro and Maya. We came up w/ the idea that the twins would follow Sylar all the way to New York at which point some of the Heroes would recognize Sylar and attempt to kill him again w/ Maya and Alejandro at his side. Sylar (being the master manipulator that he is) would kill Maya in hopes of gaining her power and somehow tricking Alejandro into thinking that one of the Heroes was the culprit. Thus giving Sylar a partner that could start an 'Anti-Heroes' league that would want nothing more than destroy the Heroes. Jus a wild out of left field theory.

I like that, Kuze421. It's easier to think of a supervillain team, than a superhero team...

I don't see why he's apologizing. :huh:

I find this Season to be on-par - or damn near it - with last Season. Just because some people want instant gratification doesn't mean that we're all dissatisfied.

Anyway, Monica WAS introduced in a connected storyline. She started out as part of Micah's extended story, and now she has involvement with Mohinder/The Company. Furthermore, Maya and Alejandro - though I wouldn't miss them - were tied in with Sylar.

So no one was really part of their own separate storyline, when you think about it.

I don't think a fan-driven show is good either.

Not fan driven? Do you realize how the TV business works? TV is almost completely funded by advertisers. Based on ratings and therefore number of eyeballs, price is set of advertising time.

A show which is popular charges more for advertising and thus profits more.

All shows are fan driven. A smart producer will listen to fan feedback, especially if the number are slipping. To rest on your laurels is suicide in the TV business.

I think you might be warping his statement to mean fan-written. Due to copyrights and potential for lawsuits, you can be assured that fan-written shows most likely won't happen.

P.S. TV is getting more and more revenue from DVD and Internet sources. Hey, why are the writers striking again?

Not fan driven? Do you realize how the TV business works? TV is almost completely funded by advertisers. Based on ratings and therefore number of eyeballs, price is set of advertising time.

A show which is popular charges more for advertising and thus profits more.

All shows are fan driven. A smart producer will listen to fan feedback, especially if the number are slipping. To rest on your laurels is suicide in the TV business.

I think you might be warping his statement to mean fan-written. Due to copyrights and potential for lawsuits, you can be assured that fan-written shows most likely won't happen.

P.S. TV is getting more and more revenue from DVD and Internet sources. Hey, why are the writers striking again?

Well, the thing is that fans all have their own views. You can't just say "let's go with the fans' views" and there be only one to follow and it fixes all your problems. Plus, the fans that don't get it their way would be angry and refuse to accept ANYTHING but their own.

Now that isn't to say you can see what the fans liked about a certain season and follow that general direction, or that you can't analyze some criticisms and minimize. it.

Your missing the point that the writers are trying to make Beav. They are on strike because they want to get paid more for their creativity and they also want a piece of the million dollar pie that studio heads seem to be engorging themselves on. Studio heads make somewhere around $20 million whereas writers get peanuts compared to that (est. $200,000). So don't crap on the writers jus yet for wanting more for their talents. There is also a Actors Guild strike looming on the horizon. Get ready to watch alot of DVD's and re-runs cause it'll get worse before it gets better.

well its good to see he admits there are problems with the show this season. He addressed pretty much all of my issues with it. Now that he acknowledges it, lets hope whenever the show comes back, he puts his words into action.

well its good to see he admits there are problems with the show this season. He addressed pretty much all of my issues with it. Now that he acknowledges it, lets hope whenever the show comes back, he puts his words into action.

My thoughts exactly. Even though I have enjoyed this season he hit the nail right on the head with things.

so far, i have found the sylar story useless. If they would have decided to kill sylar ooff last season and continue this season with the new "villains" it still would have been good.

maya and alejandro to me are completely useless...
There a theory in comic books where a characters powers determine or if you like influence whether they'd be a hero or villain and in maya's case she's be a villain.

They gave her too much power in that nobody can fight it.
They Gave Sylar way too many abilities, while peter's can be rectified by saying that he can only have x abilities at a time and Not at full strength

You can't have 2 omnipotent characters and one who's powers are basically death. It's too much and boring

Monica though, i like. Cause if you guys remember, when micca handed her a 9th wonder with "Copycat" on it, she had a twinkle in her eye. Bob giving her the ipod filled with skills helps and she might actually turn out to be the first actual "crime fighting" hero of the series. Meaning she's going out being a hero.

So if the creator in essence agrees with me, does that mean you guys can no longer ***** about my *****ing?

Wth is he getting his fan response from, because I enjoy Monica and Maya storyline. I mean, id like to see what else is going to happen with them. If it is true, then that means that there wont be a big storyline with Maya? Because she seems like a big character imo.

maya and alejandro are the weakest new characters on the show so far. Not saying they aren't gonna get better once their storyline is expanded now they are in america, but as of now they are th weakest link.

I think the only problem people are having with maya storyline is because the fact the way that sylar was brought into it imo. Maybe things will be explained in the next episode.

but but, I like the wonder twins..... =p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"