Chapter 8: "Four Months Ago" Discussion 11/12/07

Wow, that's faith. I'm really digging the season too, but there's so much I wish was different. Like DL and Nikki thing. C'mon! I really liked Hiro's Journey, I lilke Adam, I can't stand the wondertwins and wes (I won't even capitalize his name). I love where the Petrelli's have been and where they are going. But, there's something missing. I want to say it's the pacing but, I dont know. Maybe we are just hoping to learn everything, and we are being impatient.

Pretty much the same. I freaking HATE West.

The math (apparently) doesn't add up.

Elle = 24. She started the fire when she was 6. 24 - 6 = 18. The fire was 18 years ago.

Claire = 16 last year. So this year, she's still only 17 at the oldest.

If she was an older 6, and is now a really young 24, and Claire is a late 17, it COULD work.

But I'm not gonna venture to guess either way.

I don't know if I would have bought that either. DL has already demonstrated that he can phase others too. I would think that a dude holding gun would cause him to subconsciously turn on his powers before he pulled the trigger. Kinda like Sue Storm putting her hands up and automatically making a shield when threatened.

DL didn't have the most powerful ability, but it was damn sure well suited to prevent him from getting harmed. He really shouldn't have gone out in such a Mundane way. Perhaps if he was high on opium and couldn't control it I could accept it, but dude was fully alert and well practiced with phasing! I mean after getting shot by Linderman you'd think he'd be on his guard! I know I would have been! :cmad:

I can tell you one thing...this never would have happened to Kitty Pryde.

Since by the time you hear a gunshot, even from 100 feet away, the bullet has already hit whatever it was gonna hit, I can understand that he couldn't react quickly enough. I think it would have been more believable if he was shot in the back, or stabbed in the back, or the gun was concealed. Plus you'd think that after seeing your hand go through a guy, you'd be a little freaked.

I suspect it was the writers' way of being poetic. He dodged a bullet, so to speak, and Nikki's condition put him in the same position again.

But yeah, it totally did not work for me at all.

So basically - from Adam coaching Peter - we now know that Peter, Adam, and Claire are all immune to the Haitian's mindwipe.

Like Adam said, the brain just has to repair itself.

Which is supported by the fact that Adam said they would have killed him if they knew how. My guess is that his healing abilities are also intact with the Haitian.

Makes me wonder about his regeneration. If he's cut exactly down the middle, would he double? Plus where is the extra mass coming from?

I said you're dumb to point out the stupidity of coming to a messageboard, posting a controversial opinion, then asking that only people who agree reply. Why bother with a messageboard at all, why not just have a nice little conversation with yourself.

KROZEE: That episode sucked

KROZEE: Yes, I agree. It was very boring.

KROZEE: Excellent analysis Krozee, it was boring!

actually, you just said im dumb. nice job on make that clear the first time.:whatever:

and i was in the heat of the moment of writing my opinion because this episode infuriated me.

so just to make little katsuro happy about his stupid little victory over a ****ing messageboard i'll say to everyone: GO AHEAD AND GIVE ME YOUR OPINION AND GO AHEAD AND REPLY TO MINE IN ANYWAY YOU FEEL.

happy now? yay! katsuro: 1. me: 0. now you can go celebrate your hard-earned battle by yourself! god knows you dont have any friends to join you.

Last night's episode was disappointing, felt rushed and still we didn't get somethings answered. Like what happened to Sylar after he was stabbed with the sword? D.L.'s death was cheap. I mean come one a gun shot? He couldn't phase through it? In the description for this episode, it said "D.L. makes the ultimate sacrifice." Obviously not true. Adam is immortal and can heal people with his own blood? My god that's awesome. I really also liked Elle in this episode. She's a great character and Bell does a great job with portraying her. There's just three episodes left, I look forward to them but I hope they're better and not bad as this episode.

I love Elle's reaction to shocking people.

I thought it was great too.

I'm enjoying this season. I'm interested to see where the Adam (very subtle, btw) and Hiro thing goes. Especially with Adam controlling the most powerful Hero.

I can't wait for them to meet again but in the present time. Should be great.

Never thought Hiro would attempt to go back in time and save his dad. He's gonna **** something up, watch.

Yeah, I think he might do that. And then maybe we'll see who is under the hood.

All I meant is that he can be killed. Somehow, I'm sure the show will show that eventually.

We'll have to wait and see then.

I expected more from this episode but is was still pretty cool. I'm really starting to like Adam. I just wished he'd do more than heal Nathan.

I didn't like the Niki thing. It makes sense that that's how she ends up with the company but why did Jessica dissapear only to have another personality emerge when Niki wasn't even in danger or anything? And D.L. gets shot again? :huh:

So can we all agree that Mama Petrelli's ability is persuasion? I guess it isn't as strong as Eden's but she definitely used some kind of persuasion power on Heidi.

Uhm....How did Matt survive?

What exactly happened to Sylar?

The Hation just keeps on getting cooler and cooler. I like that he's a double spy.

And Elle is so my kind of girl. I would definitely like to experiment with those volts she gave Peter:o I think she's my new fav.

I expected more from this episode but is was still pretty cool. I'm really starting to like Adam. I just wished he'd do more than heal Nathan.

I didn't like the Niki thing. It makes sense that that's how she ends up with the company but why did Jessica dissapear only to have another personality emerge when Niki wasn't even in danger or anything? And D.L. gets shot again? :huh:

So can we all agree that Mama Petrelli's ability is persuasion? I guess it isn't as strong as Eden's but she definitely used some kind of persuasion power on Heidi.

Uhm....How did Matt survive?

What exactly happened to Sylar?

The Hation just keeps on getting cooler and cooler. I like that he's a double spy.

And Elle is so my kind of girl. I would definitely like to experiment with those volts she gave Peter:o I think she's my new fav.

I think we'll see him do more. As for Mama Petrelli's power, from what I remember it was rumored that she could get from one place to another faster than some of the heroes or something like that.

If Mama Petrelli can talk people into anything as long as she's touching them, then perhaps her husband's suicide wasn't so much a suicide.

Does anyone make Heroes gif's? I would love an Elle avvy right about now. :yay:

I think this episode should've at least address what happened to Matt that night, and how he survived 4 bullet wounds on his body, and how he found out about the paternity of the baby (hence the reason he divorced his wife, right?). I don't think they really needed to explain the twin's origin; we already knew that they were on the run after they discovered their powers and killed many people. They didn't need 2 prolong scenes to explain all that.

I think this episode should've at least address what happened to Matt that night, and how he survived 4 bullet wounds on his body, and how he found out about the paternity of the baby (hence the reason he divorced his wife, right?). I don't think they really needed to explain the twin's origin; we already knew that they were on the run after they discovered their powers and killed many people. They didn't need 2 prolong scenes to explain all that.
Matt survived because gunshots =/= death...no matter the number. Plus, Sylar was throwing them with TK, which means they probably weren't going at maximum velocity.

I wonder if they will ever explain why Nathan doesn't end up in Congress, as he did win the election ?

I wonder if they will ever explain why Nathan doesn't end up in Congress, as he did win the election ?

maybe because of his injuries from peter. even though he was healed, maybe mama petrelli wanted to make everyone think he wasnt able to be in congress.

But over such a stupid reason? Serial killers aside, how many murders do you really imagine happen with absolutely no motive?

lots when you consider drunk people at clubs.

But over such a stupid reason? Serial killers aside, how many murders do you really imagine happen with absolutely no motive?

theres always a motive for killing someone, just some are for stupid reasons.

I've read this, I think VotePetrelli.com, But not sure, that he declined the position after the accident/divorce, I don't remember. The 2nd runner up got the position.

a final note on this episode...for months I had always wondered what happened when Peter and Nathan went up, up and away...the way they showed it was exactly how I had pictured and hoped they would do it...it was intense, quick, suspenseful and emotional...one of the most breathtaking scenes in the entire series imo.

a final note on this episode...for months I had always wondered what happened when Peter and Nathan went up, up and away...the way they showed it was exactly how I had pictured and hoped they would do it...it was intense, quick, suspenseful and emotional...one of the most breathtaking scenes in the entire series imo.

Word

Nathan sure grew that beard fast. I mean, he was clean shaven when Adam healed him. Right after Peter and Adam left the hospital, Peter ended up in the crate going to Ireland. So, Nathan would've had to have grown that beard in a matter of hours. Not to mention developing that drinking problem.

the healing blood sped up his hair growth.:o

the healing blood sped up his hair growth.:o

Really? Gotta get me some of that Adam blood. Need a nice Leonidas beard. Not claire blood, though. She's a girl, I dont want to end up sprouting breasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"