Heroes on the Move

With the recent announcement that Venom aka Flash Thompson will relocate to Philadelphia and Kaine's recent occupancy of Houston, does anyone think more Marvel Heroes should be spread out? I love the interconnected universe that Marvel has, but I always in the back of my mind, felt that things didn't have to be so saturated in New York.

Who would you like to see relocated and why?

I'd love to see some kind of international Avengers team. Now that Cap's head of the US' superhumans and SHIELD has been reconstituted (seemingly) as an American agency, I'd love to see a new version of Slott's take on the Mighty Avengers--heroes banding together under the Avengers name that operate under their own auspices on a global level. Maybe base them out of a major European nation.

Eh, that becomes more of a "protect the planet" sort of feel. I'd like them on the ground in an embassy in some other country for the international vibe.

Toss a few Cosmonauts on there, you wont know the difference. :o

Knowing Marvel, they totally would just have the heroes take over the International Space Station. "Hello, astronauts! You work for us now."

Give us a good reason to have Cosmo show up again. :awesome:

I'm surprised he hasn't, given that the movies portray him as California-based. But now he's in New York as of Avengers, so it's a moot point, I guess.

Heh yea, California is a place that I'm surprised at it not having some notable heroes and villains. An international hero team would be nice. I never read it, but I liked the idea of Japan having its own hero team as well in the idea of Big Hero 6.

The Champions of Los Angeles need to make a comeback.

Soon as Herc gets his damn powers back......plus they'd have to change their name cuz of that lawsuit.

Heh yea, California is a place that I'm surprised at it not having some notable heroes and villains. An international hero team would be nice. I never read it, but I liked the idea of Japan having its own hero team as well in the idea of Big Hero 6.

Avengers Academy has been at the old WCA mansion for a while now but that's about to come to an end with the book finishing up.

I've been calling for a West Coast Avengers return for a while now.

Well personally I liked most heroes are nyc its marvel thing and I liked that. Same with them using more real life locales(minus atlantis/wanka/xmen uptopia places). Compared to dc just having all fake cities/worlds.

As for any others moving I don't really see the need any others would need to move from where they are. Kaine and flash have reasons to get away and move on.

F**k New York.

:up: :word:

Yeah one of the best things about the Marvel Universe is that it takes place in the "real" world with real places, real landmarks and real history. It's at their disposal, take advantage.

You do know all those real places are in the dcu too right?

I don't read a lot of DC anymore outside of Hellblazer.....and that's Vertigo's little side universe.

Well all those real places are there too, there's just extra cities. Usually in places there isn't a really big awesome city. Like metropolis is in deleware and gothams in jersey. (which is rather fitting)

Oh I know the real cities are in dc world too just majority of books there don't really take place there. Which is why I like marvel with its rreal locales and all that.

You mean it's real locale being in New York, the most overrated state in the country. :o

hey i take offence to that i am a new yorker(upstate).

I live in NY too and I agree, it sucks. I can't wait to get outta here. The only thing I'm gonna miss is watching my NY sports teams. I'll have to drop a ton of dough on a dish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"