Newuniversal

Specter313

Ghost of all things X
Reaction score
6085093full6957669lt6.jpg

608newstoryimage7027217fullnz7.jpg

Starting on August 30th, Marvel.com will be posting a new page of Newuniversal each day for eight straight days. Salvador Larroca has reinvented himself again for Newuniversal and these preview pages need to be seen to be believed.

The New Universe was originally an imprint of Marvel Comics in the 1980's featuring titles like D.P.7., Starbrand, and Justice. It was a separate universe from the main Marvel titles that was to echo the real world and offer a more realistic take on super-heroes and science fiction.

The New Universe went on to only last three years but it is still remembered fondly to this day. It's been twenty years since the launch of the original New Universe and its reinvisioning by Ellis and Larroca come this December is sure to turn heads.

Check Marvel.com everyday for the exclusive premiere of the first 8 pages and be there this December when the New Universe launches again in the pages Newuniversal #1.

http://www.marvel.com/news/-1.608

Salvador is rocking the house.

Yep, those pages are gorgeous.
I might just have to check this book out, just based on the art.

Yeah, that third page, with the girl who will apparently be the new Starbrand, looks almost like some of the art used on the Eternals covers.

actually, If I had to guess, I'd say that the girl is the new Nightmask. I actually really liked that title.

I have no familiarity with the new universe stuff.

Am i right in saying that won't matter? (ellis doesn't normally care too much)

regardlesss I was swithering but these pages have sold me on it.

Im pretty sure hes like re-inventing it.

I can't wait to see it, when is it set to be put out?

Specter313 said:
It was a separate universe from the main Marvel titles that was to echo the real world and offer a more realistic take on super-heroes and science fiction.

so uhhh...a rehash of the ultimate line?

Archangel08 said:
so uhhh...a rehash of the ultimate line?
That's exactly what i said when the new universe started in 1986. I was like "uh, Ultimate Marvel anyone?" Everyone called me a moron. Im glad that you see things my way though :up:

gildea said:
I have no familiarity with the new universe stuff.

Am i right in saying that won't matter? (ellis doesn't normally care too much)

regardlesss I was swithering but these pages have sold me on it.
he's just going to be restarting the universe so you wont have to know. I guess you could call Ultimate New Universe.:o

Eff this, it'll probably be good but it'll get cancelled early because it'll sell like a Dan Slott book:down

Jim Shooter's influence is all over New Universe - he was big on "realistic" science fiction comics

looks like larroca is channeling some serious jae lee.

Looks more like Josh Middleton than Jae Lee IMO.

Darthphere said:
Looks more like Josh Middleton than Jae Lee IMO.

those first two: all jae lee.

josh middleton is all linework with pretty much no depth shading. looks nothing like those preview pages. the last one looks more like classic larroca.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"