Heroes Reborn General Discussion

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nbcs-heroes-be-revived-as-682619
NBC's 'Heroes' to be Revived as Miniseries (Video)
7:28 PM PST 2/22/2014 by Aaron Couch

"Heroes Reborn" is coming in 2015 with creator Tim Kring on board.

NBC is bringing back Heroes.

A 13-episode event miniseries, Heroes Reborn, is coming in 2015 with creator Tim Kring on board. The plot is being kept under wraps. NBC teased the miniseries with a brief sport during its Olympics coverage Saturday.

“The enormous impact Heroes had on the television landscape when it first launched in 2006 was eye-opening,” said NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke. “Shows with that kind of resonance don’t come around often and we thought it was time for another installment. We’re thrilled that visionary creator Tim Kring was as excited about jumping back into this show as we were and we look forward to all the new textures and layers Tim plans to add to his original concept. Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy, but we won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in.”

This follows Fox's trajectory with the 24: Live Another Day miniseries, which is bringing back the Kiefer Sutherland series later this year.

Heroes originally ran on NBC from 2006 – 2010.

[YT]xXUjpHHfTLY[/YT]
Ugh. Regardless of what a piece of **** this devolved into year to year, I just know I'm going to have to witness this. If for no other reason than to pray it can return to S1 quality. It probably won't, but...

I'm....interested even despite how the every Season post Season 1 turned out.

Interesting. Heroes was the Glee of its day, hopefully this revival will turn out better, I loved Elle until they ruined her completely.

I feel like this definitely needs an entirely new cast, though. That was the original concept. The show went downhill, conveniently, when they strayed from that concept. New folks all around please.

I think if they had really wanted to, staying with the original cast would have been fine. The writers were just to scared to let anyone go.

But I guess AHS proved somewhat that the audience is willing to accept different stories each season.

I'm over here hyperventilating. I'm losing my ****. This is the greatest news ever. I can't believe this day is finally here. I have been waiting 4 years for this moment, I just can't believe it. I can't type. I need some water. I'm sweating. YES!!!

The first season of Heroes was life changing for me. If it can even be half as good I'll be happy.

I'M EXCITED!!!! I loved the show(minus Season 2, ughh) and was severely disappointed when it was cancelled after how good Season 4 was compared to the 2nd and 3rd seasons.

I feel like this definitely needs an entirely new cast, though. That was the original concept. The show went downhill, conveniently, when they strayed from that concept. New folks all around please.

Agree. They can mention or reference past characters but new batch please.

Glee sucked so there's that.

It didn't always. :csad:
I'M EXCITED!!!! I loved the show(minus Season 2, ughh) and was severely disappointed when it was cancelled after how good Season 4 was compared to the 2nd and 3rd seasons.

You'd rank season 2 below S3 and 4?

Excuse me while I give you an epic side-eye.

They even did it how I imagined, with the promo on TV and the flashing of the logo. That is EXACTLY how I pictured it would happen, exactly how I DREAMED it would happen. Am I dreaming right this moment? How do I know this isn't a dream? Give me the kick!

I'm confused on how to feel about this. It could be good, but so often it turned to crap in the middle of a season or story.

It didn't always. :csad:

You'd rank season 2 below S3 and 4?

Excuse me while I give you an epic side-eye.

Season 2 is one of the worst seasons of any television show I have watched in recent memory. But it has been awhile and I viewed Season 1 as the greatest season of any television show I have ever watched so....yeah. I thought it was a common agreement with fans that Season 4 was getting closer to being more like the quality of season one back when it aired...guess not?

Seems like there taking a page out of 24 bring old shows back for 12/13 Episodes. I'll give it a watch if it still sucks then it still sucks and I won't watch it all. Then again there's always hope it can return to its former glory like Season 1.

Glee sucked so there's that.

o7k2uw.gif

First season was very good tyvm.

I never bothered watching the 4th season so I don't know how the show ended, but only characters I am interested in hopefully seeing return would be Haydens character, the Haitian, and whats their names mom.

Hayden is the last one I'd want to see return. Everything they did with her character was the same. Every. Single. Season.

With a lesbian kiss thrown in there at one point.

vB9B5.gif

Interesting news. Heroes was one of those "one season wonder" shows where the first season was awesome, but the quality just fell off a cliff after that, kind of like Dark Angel and Revenge.
I doubt they will use the same cast, most have moved on. Maybe some of them will return for an episode or 2, but I expect mostly new faces. Even if they keep the characters I'd expect them to be recast.
I'll definitely have to check it out to see how it turns out.

This piece of news just reminded me that NBC passed on Mockingbird Lane.

So **** NBC.

What does anyone think of this all being set in a post apocalyptic future that they try to prevent with a whole new cast?

I kind of feel like they should just reboot it since werent the "heroes" outed?

Season one was great, then NBC got over ambitious and tried to introduce all kinds of new characters in season two so they could spin off another series. They not only didn't get their spin offs, they killed the golden goose in the process.

Also, a big beef of mine is why do they go to the trouble of introducing these interesting characters, who all have emerging powers, then proceed to write in lame excuses for their superpowers not to work.

Oh, I lost my memory, can't use my superpowers.
Oh, I have a brain tumor, and will die if I use my superpowers.
etc. etc.

All build up, no pay off = a visit from the cancellation bear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"