Heroes Season 2 Will Be Volume 2

War Party

Ve vant ze money,Lebowski
Reaction score
Heroes Changes In Season 2

Tim Kring, creator of NBC's hit series Heroes, told SCI FI Wire that the upcoming second season will constitute a new volume in the multi-volume series, with new characters and an entirely new storyline. "If you remember, the opening of the pilot pronounced the episode as the beginning of Volume One," Kring said in an interview. "Volume One comes to a conclusion at the end of episode 23, and Volume Two starts with the opening of season two. And Volume Two is a different story."

Kring added: "We could have new people and new storylines and new ideas and new threats and new bad guys and new heroes. So I would prepare the audience for that idea, that it's not just a continuing serialized storyline about only these people. It's a little more the 24 model than the Lost model."

The first season of Heroes is exploring what happens when a disparate group of ordinary people discover they have extraordinary abilities and attempt to save New York from disaster.

"Heroes needs to evolve, and if we are positing an idea that this is happening all over the world to many, many people, then we get to see some of those people and see how their story fits in."

Kring also confirmed that some of the current heroes just might not survive this season, but added: "Many of your favorites will live to fight again." Heroes airs on Monday nights at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=40354

This news is terrible. So season 2 will have an entirely different cast? This is how great shows get cancelled...

Its not getting a entirely new cast. Kring said that some heroes would be returning while others would not survive the last battle. Don't completely despair.

i don't dig it... but, i'll hold judgement until i see what they're trying to do. i mean, they can't drag out this explotion and the fight with syler for 2 or 3 seasons, otherwise it's be like lost, so, i'm glad they're changing things up, but... we'll see what happens.

If it is going to be a bunch of Heroes VS Sylar I just hope it does not take long to find out the outcome

I was hoping Syler would be to Heroes as Doom is to Fantastic 4, or Magneto is to X-Men. But it IS television so it is typical he would die at the end of the season. Pooh.

This could be good and bad at the same time, they can clean up the huge roster and narrow it down to just Peter, Nathan, Claire, Nikki/Jessica, Issac, and Hiro. But they are going to bring in new characters, so we won’t be seeing a core team anytime too soon.
They should keep the invisible man, Christopher Eccleson is doing a bang up job, I like his role as much as I liked him in Dr. Who.
HE SHOULDA BEEN THE JOKER! LoL

If it is going to be a bunch of Heroes VS Sylar I just hope it does not take long to find out the outcome

All the Heroes vs Sylar would be pointless. Peter VS Sylar is where it is at. They are almost equally powerful, considering Peter would use Sylars powers plus those of the Heroes he has encountered. The other Heroes being there would just hold Peter back.

lots of jumping to conclusions going on here. i'm not as concerned or interested with the characters from season to season as i am interested in the role of HRG's company and how they'll handle it. it's reach is global, after all. will the company/organization be a feature character or will it just be something in the background?

I was hoping Syler would be to Heroes as Doom is to Fantastic 4, or Magneto is to X-Men. But it IS television so it is typical he would die at the end of the season. Pooh.

Kring has said he wants Sylar to stick around for season 2 (he loves the actor) because he's significant to The Company.

Sylar, Claire and Hiro better be around for 2nd season
I would like to see Ali Larter stick around too
But I doubt that’s going to happen
I’m not too fond of this idea but i think they’re trying to stand out amongst other TV and look all the prison break fans are getting annoyed with it now because it’s dragged on
Their probably trying to get away form that

But superheroes are different you wouldn’t want to see a replacement for Bruce Wayne in a batman series
I’m sure they could do just fine continuing the way it is
But who knows it might be for the best

I would really love to see how the show gets more action packed as season 2 will have already gone passed the introduction phase of season 1. Not to mention season 2 will more than likely have a bigger budget.

this makes me sad....but if it works, it could save Heroes from going the way of Lost...

I like the idea of new characters but keep the ones that are needed. I like to see Peter, Claire, Hiro, Matt, Sylar, Mohinder, DL and Micah survive. I think they need Peter and Sylar to survive because they are like a ying yang. Plus Sylar can get better as a villain as he prgresses. I love to see Peter taking care of Claire or Matt taking her in.

I like the idea of changing the cast up in season 2, while keeping some key cast members from season 1. I think it may be what keeps this shows momentum going, and it's something different.

as long as some of the key players survive, this will still be an awesome show

look on the bright side, at least we can expect that Episode 23 won't end on a cliffhanger

I think the show NEEDS Peter, Claire, Hiro, Mohinder, Sylar and even Matt (he started out kinda lame, but I think he is growing)
I cant really see these surviving...
Niki/Jessica: They could have an awesome battle leading to Niki's death.
Nathan: Hes been hesitant to the whole hero thing from the start. I could see him sacrificing himself to save his brother and the world. His first truly heroic act would be his last.
Issac: He killed Simone and he tried to kill Peter. Mislead or not, he's no hero.
HRG: I dont think the company is done trying to get Claire. I can definatley see him trying to stop them and eventually getting killed. (plus, if they reveal his name before the finale is over, you just know he's a goner)

I believe that Hiro will be a player in Season 2. Because didn't someone say that Hiro was going to show up in the middle of Season 2 because he would be stuck in the past? Also, I think Masi said that he may get a love interest sometime in Season 2.

you people need to relax long enough to read the last line in the interview

"Many of your favorites will live to fight again."

I quite like this idea. I want to see more characters and more powers, but i think in order to do that you need to get rid of existing characters. I mean, at times the show seems stetched out as it is, can you imagine if you had over a dozen different storylines going on at once?!

And it's not like there's a chance our favorite characters are dying. Hiro came back from the future where he apparently knew Peter, so those two are safe for quite some time.

I quite like this idea. I want to see more characters and more powers, but i think in order to do that you need to get rid of existing characters. I mean, at times the show seems stetched out as it is, can you imagine if you had over a dozen different storylines going on at once?!

And it's not like there's a chance our favorite characters are dying. Hiro came back from the future where he apparently knew Peter, so those two are safe for quite some time.
unless the timeline has been changed by Peter's actions

Keep Peter, Nathan, Claire, Sylar, and Hiro (but only a few apperances) and everything should be fine. I would like to see more of Wireless (i think Hana is her name? or is that Claires mom) The Company storyline is cool too. I think doing this to the show is going to make it better though.

The Sanders family can be written off without killing any of them, but some of the others I'll be sad to see go.

it seems weird that they would introduce new characters (HRG's new assistant?) just to get rid of them in 6 episodes
but thats Heroes i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"