Heroes Season 2 Will Be Volume 2

As long as Claire, Hiro, Matt, Nathan, Peter and Sylar are in it next season, I'll be a happy camper.

i like the idea. plus if the show stuck with ALL the same characters with the same story, heroes would definitely get old really soon.

I guess Im the only one who really really loves this idea. I mean, its not an entire different cast and Im happy whoever is in charge is leaning toward this. I tend to get annoyed when charecters have completed the arc and they just become wasted space on a show...This also keeps the realistic feel to Heroes also,imo. Im really excited and cant wait to see who the newbies are gonna be.

If they're looking for a new cast member, than they should hire me as Matt Parkman's brother. :woot:
gregphotosm.jpg

2712866650080786579S200x200Q85.jpg

HE SHOULDA BEEN THE JOKER! LoL

i was thinking more along the lines of he shoulda been Voldemort but Ralph Fienes is doing it perfect but if he couldnt have done it Eccleston wouldve ruled the role as well as Ralph

I guess Im the only one who really really loves this idea. I mean, its not an entire different cast and Im happy whoever is in charge is leaning toward this. I tend to get annoyed when charecters have completed the arc and they just become wasted space on a show...This also keeps the realistic feel to Heroes also,imo. Im really excited and cant wait to see who the newbies are gonna be.

I have no problem with the idea of new and different cast members. I like the show but I'm not obsessed with any character...

Im thinkin it with Xmen terms.
some characters are gone. but new ones replace them...yet i still love the book.
so it shud be good

They honestly said from the beginning some characters would be rolled out an others rolled in... they made it pretty clear it wasn't going to have a static cast like Smallville, Lost or some comic book... and I thought that was pretty cool. When they broadcast: NO ONE IS SAFE... they've made it pretty clear this show is going to stay fresh... otherwise, if they keep characters around for three years at a time, then no one wants to kill them, cuz everyone's totally attatched, and the show gets old when those characters have run their course... that's why Genre shows like Star Trek and such can only last for 8 years and soap operas can last for 30 years... rotating cast...

I think it's entirely wise and look forward to them exploring new abilities... I do think that Sylar and Hiro have too much untapped potential, powers-wise to die, and that they should live... everyone else, as much as I like some of them (Claire, Peter and DL for instance) is highly expendable... highly.

once Peter defeats Sylar, where else is there to go with his character?
he would have learned to control his powers, and he would have vanquished the bad guy

do action movies keep going on for hours after the villain has been defeated? no
why? because then the plot has run its course

What? Has that ever happened ever?

All the time. It has happened on Happy Days, The OC, That 70's Show, and a million other sitcoms and dramas. Take a few key characters out of the mix, thinking that our love for the show will keep us watching long enough for us to get attached with the repacement characters that never take off. Most of these shows do this aound the second to last season...
But to do it this early in the game is a very risky idea.

Going along with everyone else as long as Claire and co. stick around and are still part of the main cast I will be fine. We have been introduced to new Heroes since the show began so its not that new but if they are able to keep them connected somehow it shouldnt be that big of a leap.

But like Lindermans company can easily stick around for 3-4 seasons as the somewhat underlying villian.

All the time. It has happened on Happy Days, The OC, That 70's Show, and a million other sitcoms and dramas. Take a few key characters out of the mix, thinking that our love for the show will keep us watching long enough for us to get attached with the repacement characters that never take off. Most of these shows do this aound the second to last season...
But to do it this early in the game is a very risky idea.

1) Those three shows don't count as "a million" or "all the time." You're exaggerating like a schoolboy.

2) All of those shows waited until they were going downhill anyway and had trouble with the actors...

3) With Heroes changing things up earlier, it pulls people away from character worship and into the story. Doing it early is actually completely safe, while doing it later is almost always a heart breaker...

4) If they introduce a new character that's cool to you in season 2, you'll be interested... but if they keep the same main cast utnil season 5 and then try to introduce that same cool guy, you'll hate it... cuz you'd be FIVE years attatched to Claire/Peter/etc instead of one... this way is a billino times smarter.

Is anyone else excited about Season 2, or do we always demand same old same old? Something new and cool could be around the corner... why ask for more Peter, when his story will have run it's course? Or More Claire after she knows who her daddy is and saves the world? Or Jessica/Nikki after Nikki figures out how to take control once and for all... don't you see that there are dozens of awesome NEW stories to be told in this universe?

Seeing as though those charecters got me into the show, I would want them to stay on my television. There are dozens of stories to be told with some of these charecters and I dont mind watching them.

Im not against introducing new charecters into the mix just as long as they dont remove all of the past charecters.

It is kind of like PowerRangers, everyone loves the original cast and now that they are all gone and we get a new cast every year, it just isnt as entertaining most of the time.

I definitely agree that they need to keep SOME of the characters... or else it's not really a universe, just... I dunno... different seperated stories...

But keeping ALL the characters that ANYBODY likes is a good way for the show to be old in 5-8 years. I'd say 50/50. 50% carryovers from preivious seasons and 50% cool new heroes with cool new powers.

so long as peter, nate, claire, hiro and hrg survive to be in season 2...I'll be cool with it :D

shut up before i put this cigarette out in your eye. :cmad:

oh jason:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"