He's the original Terminator... The Deathstroke/Slade Wilson Thread.

I'm all for Joe as Deathstroke. I feel like he's a good actor who gets a bum rap around here just because people didn't think he was right for Superman. And well... he might not have been, I don't know. I think he'd have been okay, honestly, but I love Cavill so much in the role that it's hard to picture anyone as as Big Blue now. But anyway, I feel like Joe is best when playing morally ambiguous characters, so this should be a good fit if it happens. He was even pretty good in Sabotage (a film which still sucked) so I'm confident Ayer would get a good performance out of him. Plus, he looks like he could take down the entire Skwad single-handedly.

Deathstroke=Deadpool=Spider-Man, and 2016 has all three. :drl:

At this point I don't care who is cast, just want Deathstroke in! Not sure about him not having powers though, its not like his powers are hard to do as the Cap America movies and Arrow have shown.

Deathstroke doesn't need a healing ability and super strength to be the badass that he so rightfully is. Just showing him with his tactical mastery, heightened reflexes, combat skills, weaponry, etc. will be enough. I quite like the idea of Deathstroke being more on Batman's level and not metahuman.

I think either way could work. I think it would be cool to see him start out as just an ordinary human, but then after he gets his eye ripped out, he gets the healing factor and enhanced strength/reflexes/etc.

Hope this is true. Would love to see Deathstroke on film. I hope he has the tail.
4367a90c115cd8f28ba9798b421e2965.jpg

I've never seen Manjello in much except spiderman and two and a half men. Will probably watch Sabotage soon.

Hope this is true. Would love to see Deathstroke on film. I hope he has the tail.
4367a90c115cd8f28ba9798b421e2965.jpg

I've never seen Manjello in much except spiderman and two and a half men. Will probably watch Sabotage soon.

you mean how I met your mother not 2 and a half :D

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that Joe M is too tall for a character like Deathstroke.

He's only about an inch taller than Deathstroke is supposed to be.

I think he's too young and pretty to be Slade.

Last edited:

Deathstroke doesn't need a healing ability and super strength to be the badass that he so rightfully is. Just showing him with his tactical mastery, heightened reflexes, combat skills, weaponry, etc. will be enough. I quite like the idea of Deathstroke being more on Batman's level and not metahuman.

While I agree with the Batman in this universe being older and having been around for a number of years a younger Deathstroke bein given an origin in this movie just doesn't seem to fit, to me at least.

While I agree with the Batman in this universe being older and having been around for a number of years a younger Deathstroke bein given an origin in this movie just doesn't seem to fit, to me at least.

As far as I know, nothing I've read indicates that Deathstroke will be younger and given an origin. I imagine this will be a Deathstroke who is older and experienced, but doesn't have powers or his eyepatch yet. I see nothing wrong with that in a universe where Batman is older and experienced, but hasn't met Superman or joined the Justice League yet.

Yeah, Deathstroke should be older and experienced, IMO. You can delve into his backstory if you want but you could also save that for a later film. All he really needs to be is incredibly efficient, ruthless and a bit cocky.

Well nothing has said Deathstroke is being given an origin or will be young. So..

Plus, he looks like he could take down the almost the entire Skwad single-handedly. Cara's Enchantress would make him look like a toy.

At first yeah. Forever? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! One of his great things is his abilities that could take down an army.

I think either way could work. I think it would be cool to see him start out as just an ordinary human, but then after he gets his eye ripped out, he gets the healing factor and enhanced strength/reflexes/etc.
I'd be fine with that :up:
He's only about an inch taller than Deathstroke is supposed to be.

I think he's too young and pretty to be Slade.
Slade is a handsome man. :oldrazz:
As far as I know, nothing I've read indicates that Deathstroke will be younger and given an origin. I imagine this will be a Deathstroke who is older and experienced, but doesn't have powers or his eyepatch yet. I see nothing wrong with that in a universe where Batman is older and experienced, but hasn't met Superman or joined the Justice League yet.
This I can accept it...

Yeah, Deathstroke should be older and experienced, IMO. You can delve into his backstory if you want but you could also save that for a later film. All he really needs to be is incredibly efficient, ruthless and a bit cocky.
Another :up:

My main concern for Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke is that he has already played a comic book character before.

He was Flash Thompson in Spiderman and Spiderman 3.

Can we get someone who is new and fresh ?

My main concern is hes ****ing terrible. Stephen Lang needs to play Deathstroke

Lang would have been a great choice... ten or even 15 years ago.

I'd expect Slade to be middle-aged, like he's always been portrayed. Odds are, he'll already have an eyepatch. And, lastly, I hope he'll have his powers, but I don't feel confident making a prediction either way.

David Morrissey from The Walking Dead?

walking-dead-season-4-david-morrissey-governor-amc.jpg

I'm sure he's nowhere near this project but would he be good?

Any other rugged middle aged white men we can name? Obviously all of them fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"