He's the original Terminator... The Deathstroke/Slade Wilson Thread.

^ He will be Deadstroke! Period.

David Morrissey from The Walking Dead?

walking-dead-season-4-david-morrissey-governor-amc.jpg

I'm sure he's nowhere near this project but would he be good?
I prefer another actor that hasn't played almost the same guy with the same eyepatch. Some other option, IDK, more original.

David Morrissey from The Walking Dead?

walking-dead-season-4-david-morrissey-governor-amc.jpg

I'm sure he's nowhere near this project but would he be good?

He would be awesome but I fear people would just accuse him of playing the Governor again since he'd be wearing an eyepatch.

So I guess Joe Manganiello is pretty much confirmed, since he has dropped out of "Scream Queens" and is replaced by Oliver Hudson.

Perhaps, but anything is possible. A couple additional names I'd throw out there for Slade: Eric Bana and Anson Mount.

Eric Bana has already played a comicbook character in Hulk.

Can we get someone new? And fresh.

if they wanna go for an older Slade, i think Mel Gibson would be awesome

119109PCN_Expendablcutmel.jpg

http://www.thewrap.com/joe-manganie...ys-scream-queens-nashvilles-oliver-hudson-in/

“True Blood” star drops out of series regular role on the Fox anthology series due to scheduling conflicts. Joe Manganiello has dropped out of Fox’s “Scream Queens.” As he exits, “Nashville” star Oliver Hudson has been cast in a lead male role, TheWrap has learned.

Gross. That's what I like about Joe working with Ryan Murphy and being married to Sofia Vergara. All the things I dislike bunched into a group so I have less of a chance of ever seeing them.

Manganiello hasn't impressed me as an actor either but he definitely has a good look for the role. Never know, maybe this role will fit him and he'll give a better performance than he has before. I would have preferred someone else but I don't have a big problem with it.

11054330_816142538435133_6841262729094130957_n.jpg

1484683_816142548435132_8186688213511902976_n.jpg

If Deathstroke is indeed in this and if is played by Manganiello.

Which one do you prefer?

Long hair (to have something unique, remember Young Justice had Slade with long hair) or short hair?

The top one looks great.

I just want an announcement soon. I have this friend who is constantly like, "No one will ever be Deathstroke but Manu Bennett."

Ummm, no. Deathstroke isn't a schizophrenic ASIS agent who cares about nothing other than a dead girl he never even fooled around with and tormenting Oliver Queen (though never just killing him, even though he's had 100 opportunities). I want the comic book Deathstroke - a ruthless, cold, calculating bastard who will take out an army... but only because someone paid him. It's just business. Nothing personal.

I just want an announcement soon. I have this friend who is constantly like, "No one will ever be Deathstroke but Manu Bennett."

Ummm, no. Deathstroke isn't a schizophrenic ASIS agent who cares about nothing other than a dead girl he never even fooled around with and tormenting Oliver Queen (though never just killing him, even though he's had 100 opportunities). I want the comic book Deathstroke - a ruthless, cold, calculating bastard who will take out an army... but only because someone paid him. It's just business. Nothing personal.

I totally get that it's a different interpretation and not everyone loves it, but these two complaints always bug me. I mean, the dude LOVED Shado. Whether it got sexual or not is irrelevant. He was emotionally invested and deeply cared for this person. Feeling like her execution was caused by someone you considered a brother is enough to make anyone crazy, especially when you're hopped up on a drug that actually makes you insane. Also, he wanted Ollie to suffer. He said it like 100 times. He wanted Ollie to know what it felt like to be betrayed and lose the people he loves.

So yeah, it was definitely a different portrayal and I completely get why any purist wouldn't be a fan. But the portrayal itself worked incredibly well within context.

It worked well within context until like the last 3 episodes of season 2. :o

I don't like how Deathstroke is written on Arrow, but Manu Bennett has definitely done a great job with his performance of the character and has the right screen presence, strength, and charisma.

I'm cool with Joe Mang being cast as Deathstroke/Slade Wilson! Whoever was cast needed to be physically intimidating, have screen presence and be able to do action and sign a multi pic deal.

Joe Mang fits the profile perfectly. Much better than the guy from Dawn of the Apes.

Good casting! Let's get it going on this kick ass film baby!

I'm cool with Joe Mang being cast as Deathstroke/Slade Wilson! Whoever was cast needed to be physically intimidating, have screen presence and be able to do action and sign a multi pic deal.

Joe Mang fits the profile perfectly. Much better than the guy from Dawn of the Apes.

Good casting! Let's get it going on this kick ass film baby!

Yeah, that's how I feel. I don't know what it is about Jason Clarke, but I never find him intimidating. I mean, I guess he was intimidating in Zero Dark Thirty, but it had very little to do with his physicality; he was torturing people who were already captured. Whoever plays Deathstroke has to be someone who exudes a type of energy like he can take down an army. I think Joe can pull that off. He certainly looks the part.

Well, let's keep in mind... The fans aren't doing the casting. And I for one won't be doing back flips if Joe is cast as Deathstroke because he has a great look but... I just don't like him as a performer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"