Hey kitty girls! It’s the Rupaul’s Drag Race thread

As far as drag content from World of Wonder goes, UNHhhh with Trixie and Katya is at the top of my list, even over drag race. So I’m entirely pro-Trixie.

I will say her All Stars win wasn’t entirely well-deserved, but I put the blame on Ru’s thirst for drama, not on Trixie.

Canada had a solid start too. And damn, this has got to be one of the best sewing challenges to date.

Canadians girls can sew the house down.

UK had a strong premiere but dropped the ball, and dropped hard. And this last episode was the final nail in the coffin.

Spoilers bellow (UK and Canada)

Can't believe both Choriza and River are out. They were carrying the season for me. Now, to be honest, there's no one left I'm rooting for.

If that wasn't enough, Stephanie was my favorite from Canada too. I can't believe she's out. And I don't think she deserved it.

I think this season is decent despite the cast not being the strongest....everyone failing a comp followed by 2 losing a lip sync...I could see it ending with Ru deciding not to crown anyone.

I think the season, the episodes and the challenges have been lack luster. And compared to Baga, Blu, Viviene, Cheryl, Divina, Bimini, Lawrence, Ellie, Tayce and A****a, this is a very lack luster top 5 (imo).

Edit: lol... SHH is not a big fan of A****a.

I remember Bob The Drag Queen saying in her podcast that most of the new queens now are more "look-based", and Drag Race is more performance driven. That's why sometimes we get lackluster comedy and acting challenges.

I agree. The last few comedy challenges and snatch games, especially in Canada, have been hard to watch.

We need more queens like Bob, Bianca, Jinks, Alaska, Shangela, Katya, Monet, etc...

Bob aint lying. Its just like early seasons of ANTM vs. later seasons. What was once about the "real" world of modeling went full on glamour. The fact that Queens have to go into serious debt just to get on the show, shows how much its changed.

Just finished the UK finale and this has to be one of my top final 3. I seriously loved all of them and want to see more of them.

Reactions: Lip
The fact that Queens have to go into serious debt just to get on the show, shows how much its changed.

Tell me about it. I saw a meme recently making fun of that. "And tonight on the runway the category is 'whoever spent the most money'". Sadly, it's true. We're not getting more fashion queens like Raja. That's why I love the design challenges.

And speaking of Bob insights, the reveal thing at the finales is getting ridiculous too. What Sasha did was great, but like Bob said, she was performing to that song. It was something that made sense there. The new queens don't get that.

I remember Season 7, when they cast a bunch of fashion queens (Violet, Fame, Pearl, Trixie, Max), but filled the season with acting/comedy challenges... which didn't turn out too well.

I feel like this current season of Canada is "season 7 done right". There's a bunch of look queens and designers... and a bunch of design challenges.

Although we had some of the most lackluster snatch game and roster, at least the season overall was playing to the girls strenghts.

Pretty good season.

I was really scared of Willow going home first.

I mean, the show usually cast only one asian queen per season, an they've been early outs for the past few years (Kimora in S09, Yuhua in S10, Soju in S11, Rock in S12 and Kamorah in S13). They have to start casting more asian queens.

Do not let the new girls see this performance before the lipsyncs for the crown

Alyssa's elimination was SHADY.

PR queens don't stand a chance on this show. =/

Damn... she was my favorite. I was looking foward to see her in comedy/improv challenges. Hopefully she'll another chance on an AS season.

Just watched it.

Jasmine coming out scene was so great.

So happy to see them living and embracing their true self. :hrt:

On a side note, Jimbo's elimination/exit was shocking, heartbreaking and funny at the same time. Not enjoying this season either

Caught up on UK vs. TW and while its enjoyable I really wish they would've went BIG for this and went even further with the elimination process. Have a bottom 3, they lip sync for their lvies, 1 wins, gets taken off the block then the 2 winners do their thing and decide who goes home.

Alaska did say something that feels right: contestants shouldn't be making those decisions because they're not seeing things from the same perspective a judge is.

And I feel it's a bit more "wrong" to use this format in an international season, because of all the "alliances" and "camaraderies".

It should be more a talent competition and less survivor.

Damn, that talent show episode on Espana 2 made the US version look like amateurs lol.

Budget... give the girls budget!

Raja. End of discussion.

I just can't help but think how incredible it would be to see a snatch game or a roast challenge with Bob, Bianca, Monet, Jinkx and Alaska. Or the ball challenge and the runaways with Violet, Aquaria, Symone, Shea and Raja. But I guess the world was not ready for that.

It's a super strong cast regardless. Happy to see Raja and Jinkx after so many years.

By the way, rooting for Willow to win this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"