High School Musical 3: Senior Year?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=40957

And it's going to theatres this time. Shocking. :o

Booo! Why put it in theaters. Grrr!:cmad:

I don't want to pay to see High School Musical, it's decent at best. I'll watch it on the Disney channel on a boring night but I don't want to put out extra cash for it!:cmad:

I wonder if one of the kids is going to get pregnant this time...

...nah, that would require the presence of heterosexual boys.

Don't fret, Zac and Corbin will be out soon. Disney made them sign a nondisclosure clause as long as they are working on HSM. We wouldn't want the soccer moms rioting now, would we?

ashley tisdale ftw

ashley.jpg

I had to watch the first one in school a couple years ago. I wanted to tear my eyeballs out & kill everyone at Disney.

That's what today's society has turned kids into these days. Mindless drones striving for mediocrity. I watched Monty Python when I was 10, not some faceless Disney movie and I'd say that I turned out pretty decent as a result.

Oh please. I know plenty of smart people who think Monty Python is unfunny crap (not me, I love them).

HSM is not the downfall of society. It's a harmless little TV musical that you don't have to watch or see in a theater if you don't want to.

My friends' kids love those movies...and they're not "mindless drones striving for mediocrity." They've had little HSM parties to watch it together, or learned all the words for the sing-along version. My boss surprised her daughter with tickets to the concert tour and they had a great time.

They'll grow out of it soon enough, but right now it makes them happy and it's something they enjoy doing with their kids. That's a good thing, even though the movies are cheesy as hell.

It's also generated a lot more interest in musical theater...I've read that the high school productions of the show have gotten a lot of students joining their school theater programs, and that's a great thing.

The songs & actors annoy the crap out of me.... except the hot chick! Wow-wah-wee-wah!

OT, but when do you get bigger avatars?

You consider that the kids that love this stuff look at comic books and video games and think the same thing? "Wow, what a dork!"

If this makes more than Sweeney Todd at the box office, some Disney *****es are going down.

That's it.

This movie is gonna be HUGE amongst tweens. I think it will easily beat Sweeney Todd. :p

Did anyone see the Saturday Night Live version of High School Musical 3? LOL! :D

these days superbad seemed most accurate for teenage lifes

MCLOVIN FTW

I saw a preview for one of the High School Musical for the first time (somehow managed to avoid it till now) a couple weeks ago, just sat and stared open mouthed at how awful it looked. Then thanked my lucky stars I wasn't a kid living at home anymore because I'm sure my sister would watch this movie constantly just like Grease, Footloose and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. That said it's not very surprising this will go to theaters, it's a big franchise and very popular with 5-14 years old girls and boys that don't realize they're gay yet.

my best mate worked on his gap year at our old school last year (an all boys school) and said that ALOT of the boys there were into it, which I found wierd (school goes up to the age of 13 so you have an idea of age range)

I really hope that a shooter shows up in the third one and blows them all away.

Ashely looks hotter in that other programme about the twins. I can't remember what it's called but my brothers watch it all the time.

So is anyone going to see it?
Yeah, I will. I'll proably enjoy it too. I admit it's not real award winning material but it's fun the watch and make fun of. The main reason why I still watch the Disney Channel.

And the show Tisdale is on with the Sprause twins is The Sweet Life of Zack and Cody.

I really hope that a shooter shows up in the third one and blows them all away.

LOL man! That **** is scary, yet hilarious at the same time and I hope Javier Bardem plays the guy with a mop top!

Oh please. I know plenty of smart people who think Monty Python is unfunny crap (not me, I love them).

I'm not saying there aren't people who have some intelligence that don't like Monty Python, I'm just saying that higher-brow media doesn't hurt childhood development.

HSM is not the downfall of society. It's a harmless little TV musical that you don't have to watch or see in a theater if you don't want to.

Nor did I say this. It's not the downfall of society. Though, it espouses a vapid/shallow view of the world much like other "children's" programming [As opposed to older programming... Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny.. etc and on and on]. Ever notice how all of the popular, or main, characters are all very good looking by kids' standards? Ever notice how this doesn't reflect real life at all? Ever notice how the "comedic relief"/outcast characters all have bit parts, are all not quite as good looking... and the main element of their "hilarity" would be in their physical defficiencies?

And before you High School Musical buffs scream "Buuuuut Xtromaniak, Gabriella's a nerd, looks good, and is a main character!" This may be true, but it only furthers my stance. She is represented as a nerd, true. But she also gets the jock, and is a very good looking "nerd". This promotes the ideal that only good looking people are capable of being valued by good looking people. It also gives off a false impression of what a nerd could/should be. Why can't she be ugly, and still get the good looking guy? Why, for that matter, are the nerds that actually play more than bit parts all good looking? Yet the characters that don't look aesthetically pleasing all are shoved to the back of the story, movie, etc. This does not represent real life. You shouldn't have to be good looking to have friends; that sets a false pretense for children to grasp on to. Is this a positive outlook to be emboldening in children?

There is no positive message there that isn't immediately contradicted by the presentation. "Value nerds and the like..." but not if they're not good looking. The whole concept of the movie is unraveled by the strides Disney took to secure "good looking" people for all of the main roles. This is why I despise this garbage.

My friends' kids love those movies...and they're not "mindless drones striving for mediocrity." They've had little HSM parties to watch it together, or learned all the words for the sing-along version. My boss surprised her daughter with tickets to the concert tour and they had a great time.

I assure you, in a time where most teenagers listen to and worship "emo" and Britney Spears/Jessica Simpson/[insert another pop singer here.], they have become enthralled by mediocrity. This spans all forms of media, from television to movies to music to literature and beyond. Value is placed on the things that are ineffectual in terms of long-term influence.

It's also generated a lot more interest in musical theater...I've read that the high school productions of the show have gotten a lot of students joining their school theater programs, and that's a great thing.

Exactly how many more students have joined school productions of Hamlet, or Romeo and Juliet? Or any other quality play/musical production? None? Probably.

:o

I'm not saying there aren't people who have some intelligence that don't like Monty Python, I'm just saying that higher-brow media doesn't hurt childhood development.

Nor did I say this. It's not the downfall of society. Though, it espouses a vapid/shallow view of the world much like other "children's" programming [As opposed to older programming... Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny.. etc and on and on]. Ever notice how all of the popular, or main, characters are all very good looking by kids' standards? Ever notice how this doesn't reflect real life at all? Ever notice how the "comedic relief"/outcast characters all have bit parts, are all not quite as good looking... and the main element of their "hilarity" would be in their physical defficiencies?

And before you High School Musical buffs scream "Buuuuut Xtromaniak, Gabriella's a nerd, looks good, and is a main character!" This may be true, but it only furthers my stance. She is represented as a nerd, true. But she also gets the jock, and is a very good looking "nerd". This promotes the ideal that only good looking people are capable of being valued by good looking people. It also gives off a false impression of what a nerd could/should be. Why can't she be ugly, and still get the good looking guy? Why, for that matter, are the nerds that actually play more than bit parts all good looking? Yet the characters that don't look aesthetically pleasing all are shoved to the back of the story, movie, etc. This does not represent real life. You shouldn't have to be good looking to have friends; that sets a false pretense for children to grasp on to. Is this a positive outlook to be emboldening in children?

There is no positive message there that isn't immediately contradicted by the presentation. "Value nerds and the like..." but not if they're not good looking. The whole concept of the movie is unraveled by the strides Disney took to secure "good looking" people for all of the main roles. This is why I despise this garbage.

I assure you, in a time where most teenagers listen to and worship "emo" and Britney Spears/Jessica Simpson/[insert another pop singer here.], they have become enthralled by mediocrity. This spans all forms of media, from television to movies to music to literature and beyond. Value is placed on the things that are ineffectual in terms of long-term influence.

Exactly how many more students have joined school productions of Hamlet, or Romeo and Juliet? Or any other quality play/musical production? None? Probably.

:o

Wow, you've spent entirely too much time thinking about this. The stererotypes in High School Musical extend to just about every movie and TV show. Get over it, it's something fun for little kids to watch. Also, what isn't vapid and shallow about Looney Tunes, Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry and the like? Hell, there's a lot of old racist stereotypes on that show that are much worse than anything that could be in High School Musical.

LOL man! That **** is scary, yet hilarious at the same time and I hope Javier Bardem plays the guy with a mop top!
It's only funny if it happens in "High School Musical".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"