Highlander- Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Wayne

I own a large clock
Reaction score
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/summit-teams-up-with-rcr-media-group-on-highlander-reboot-13597

Who's ready for another "Highlander" movie? Probably not that many of you, but that's not stopping Summit Entertainment from teaming up with the RCR Media Group on financing for the upcoming remake, reboot or whatever sort of re-something you'd want to call it.

Justin Lin, best known for his work with the recent hit "Fast Five," will be directing the movie off the script written by Matt Holloway and Art Marcum.

Summit Entertainment and RCR Media Group confirmed today that RCR will co-finance Summit’s re-imagination of the popular epic adventure HIGHLANDER which is being designed for a global audience.

HIGHLANDER will be directed by Justin Lin from a screenplay written by Art Marcum and Matt Holloway. Neal H. Mortiz and Peter Davis will produce the project.

RCR Media Group’s principles Rui Costa Reis and Eliad Josephson will serve as executive producers on the film. Summit acquired the rights to remake the classic from Davis – Panzer Productions, Inc. in May of 2008.

In HIGHLANDER, after centuries of dueling to survive against others like him, Connor MacLeod, an immortal Scottish swordsman must confront the last of his kind, a murderously brutal barbarian, who lusts for the Prize.

RCR Media Group’s Chairman Rui Costa Reis said:

“HIGHLANDER is a property that is known around the world and Summit’s re-imagination is sure to appeal to both existing and new fans of the Highlander lore.”RCR CEO Eliad Josephson said: “We plan on this being the first of many projects we work on with Summit.”

adtrack.gif

Well, let's see... I didn't bother seeing the last 14 DTV Highlander movies and I think I watched about half an episode of the TV show, so yeah... not interested in this.

However, I guess if they happened to cast James Purefoy in the lead role I'd give it a shot. He pretty much looks like a young Christopher Lambert (with acting talent).

Well, let's see... I didn't bother seeing the last 14 DTV Highlander movies and I think I watched about half an episode of the TV show, so yeah... not interested in this.

There were 5 HIGHLANDER movies made over the last 25 years...only the last one was direct to DVD.

As to another take on the franchise...I would be interested in seeing what can be done to reboot it.

This sounds more like a remake of the first movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"