Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=45313

There Can Only be One Highlander Remake
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
May 20, 2008

Summit Entertainment is bringing back to the big screen the 1986 sci-fi cult hit Highlander, with Iron Man co-writers Art Marcum and Matt Holloway on board to pen the redo, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The Russell Mulcahy-directed original starred Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery and Clancy Brown as immortal beings. Lambert played Scottish swordsman Connor MacLeod, Connery an Egyptian and Clancy a barbarian known as the Kurgan. The movie spawned four sequels and three television series.

Summit acquired the rights to remake the cult classic from Davis/Panzer Productions. Peter Davis, one of the original producers of the 1986 film, will also produce the new version of the film.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :csad:

What's gonna happen to the Queen soundtrack? Is it gonna be covered by new bands, used again, or just scraped? :csad:

this is probably the best move for the franchise. i've been looking forward to it . i'm not saying i prefer this of the original . i dont think the original could ever be topped. cmon it won the oscar for best movie ever.

however with the right people on board this might be decent .

What's gonna happen to the Queen soundtrack? Is it gonna be covered by new bands, used again, or just scraped? :csad:

breaking benjamin did a cover of "who wants to live forever" not too long ago .

this is probably the best move for the franchise. i've been looking forward to it . i'm not saying i prefer this of the original . i dont think the original could ever be topped. cmon it won the oscar for best movie ever.

Huh ? :lmao:

Yeah, cause that makes sense...

Highlander won no awards, that 'award' is from Talladega Nights...:huh:

After 20 minutes i stopped paying attention to Talledga nights unless Leslie Bibb was onscreen. :oldrazz:

oh yeah !

talladega-nights-the-ballad-of-ricky-bobby-20060804060738880_1176308477.jpg

After 20 minutes i stopped paying attention to Talledga nights unless Leslie Bibb was onscreen. :oldrazz:

I have yet to see it...

I only found out that bit of information about Highlander thanks to Wikipedia.

Never saw the original but heard a lot about it.

Yeah, great idea, let's remake a movie that was hardly brilliant to begin with, spawned three amazingly bad sequels that made no sense whatsoever and a couple low-budget tv shows.

I mean, the first one is enjoyable and I loved it as a kid, but it's pretty much simple '80ies trash... which is cool, but doesn't need to be remade.

Well, I think the movie idea has potential to be an epic. It depends on how much effort & creativity they put in it.

oh yeah !

talladega-nights-the-ballad-of-ricky-bobby-20060804060738880_1176308477.jpg

Thank you baby Jesus! I think we've just found the new Amanda! :woot:

"The Highlander was a documentary filmed in real time"

Master Shake is awesome!

All I know is one thing. They BETTER use that music from Queen! WE'RE THE PRICES OF THE UNIVERSE! :hehe:

I would sort of like to see a new highlander, maybe if the first one is cool we can get a new trilogy devoid of the ridiculousness and won't turn into the convoluted mess created by the first trilogy created by the first franchise.

Antonio Banderas as Ramirez :woot:

Great. I've wanted a Highlander-remake for a long time now. Hopefully it'll be done well.

Yeah, great idea, let's remake a movie that was hardly brilliant to begin with, spawned three amazingly bad sequels that made no sense whatsoever and a couple low-budget tv shows.

I mean, the first one is enjoyable and I loved it as a kid, but it's pretty much simple '80ies trash... which is cool, but doesn't need to be remade.

Actually I think its a great idea. I think bad movies should be remade. I'm usually against remakes, but I think remaking Highlander is a great idea.

I'd rather they did what superman returns done and scrap the other movies and continue with an independent type story that continues after the first one.

I'd prefer that they try to make a bad movie better than an already good movie again (i.e. The original Halloween). Highlander is a good concept that managed to always suck (minus the first movie), so I welcome it.

there's too many remakes now: highlander, red dawn, and Robocop? what? I don't mind a Flash Gordon remake (it's based on an old pulp source anyway) but why remake 80s stuff? why why why?

doesn't need a remake, nothing wrong with the orginal

I'd rather they did what superman returns done and scrap the other movies and continue with an independent type story that continues after the first one.
Heck, then watch 2-4. Every one of those acknowledged the events of only the first movie.

Hmm... as long as it doesn't suck.

*crosses fingers*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"