Hillary Can't Take Heat...

don't you think that's called for when he's the most qualified of the candidates yet he can't get any press due to the media's obsession with clinton and obama? i mean, what else are you supposed to do in a campaign if you're not selling yourself by outlining your strengths over the other candidates?

Heh yep :up:

Richardson is easily the most qualified. If Hilary had a penis (or even a different last name) and Obama was white, he would probably be getting the most press coverage (or at least equal) as he is the most qualified for the job.

I believe South Carolina has open primaries. But I'm a registered Democrat so it doesn't really matter.

But in open primaries don't you vote for one or the other, not both?

Heh yep :up:

Richardson is easily the most qualified. If Hilary had a penis (or even a different last name) and Obama was white, he would probably be getting the most press coverage (or at least equal) as he is the most qualified for the job.

that's what i'm talkin' 'bout, suckah! :up:

don't you think that's called for when he's the most qualified of the candidates yet he can't get any press due to the media's obsession with clinton and obama? i mean, what else are you supposed to do in a campaign if you're not selling yourself by outlining your strengths over the other candidates?
Yeah, but he's pretty shameless about it. He does a horrible job of marketing himself to potential voters, and as I say he has a lot of skeletons in his closet too. That, and his "balanced budget amendment" idea is such bullsh**.

I didn't say I would vote in both, did I?

Well, you said you were voting Edwards, and then you said you were voting Huckabee in the Republican Primary...so yes.

Yeah, but he's pretty shameless about it. He does a horrible job of marketing himself to potential voters, and as I say he has a lot of skeletons in his closet too.

i'll admit, i haven't been watching the debates, but from some of the highlights i've seen, yeah, he's being pretty aggressive about it, but like i said earlier, can you blame the guy? he's really not getting a fair shake due to the extreme coverage of clinton, obama and edwards, so when he does get the opportunity to make his case he's trying to drive home the point that he's got a much better record and resume than the other candidates, which is true. if anything, it's his campaign manager's fault, not necessarily his, for not getting him more money and coverage. maybe his should fire him and get a new team together, but at this point, it might be too late. i'd love to hear what those skeletons are.

Well, you said you were voting Edwards, and then you said you were voting Huckabee in the Republican Primary...so yes.
I think you misunderstood what I said. I didn't say I was going to do that, just outlining who I supported in each.

i'll admit, i haven't been watching the debates, but from some of the highlights i've seen, yeah, he's being pretty aggressive about it, but like i said earlier, can you blame the guy? he's really not getting a fair shake due to the extreme coverage of clinton, obama and edwards, so when he does get the opportunity to make his case he's trying to drive home the point that he's got a much better record and resume than the other candidates, which is true. if anything, it's his campaign manager's fault, not necessarily his, for not getting him more money and coverage. maybe his should fire him and get a new team together, but at this point, it might be too late. i'd love to hear what those skeletons are.
I don't think he is the most qualified though. Clinton actually probably is the most qualified to be honest. She's played an active role in 8 years of White House politics, been a Senator and also has been involved in a Governatorialship. You can't just write her off as the den mother who was kept in the dark, she has literally been on the inside of every major political post. I don't like her much, but she probably knows more about the job than anyone else up their with her.

I don't think he is the most qualified though. Clinton actually probably is the most qualified to be honest. She's played an active role in 8 years of White House politics, been a Senator and also has been involved in a Governatorialship. You can't just write her off as the den mother who was kept in the dark, she has literally been on the inside of every major political post. I don't like her much, but she probably knows more about the job than anyone else up their with her.

i'm not writing her off, but if you look at richardson's diplomatic record, he's exactly what this country needs to get our credibility back on the international stage. we're gonna be in a serious reconciliation mode once bush leaves office and if we want anything positive to come out of our missteps in the middle-east, we'll need someone of richardson's pedigree to help lead the way. he's a well-known peacemaker and a very intelligent politician. i have full faith in him being able to restore our image if he wins the election, which looks more and more like a longshot with each passing day.

i'm not writing her off, but if you look at richardson's diplomatic record, he's exactly what this country needs to get our credibility back on the international stage. we're gonna be in a serious reconciliation mode once bush leaves office and if we want anything positive to come out of our missteps in the middle-east, we'll need someone of richardson's pedigree to help lead the way. he's a well-known peacemaker and a very intelligent politician. i have full faith in him being able to restore our image if he wins the election, which looks more and more like a longshot with each passing day.
He'll also send us into an economic crisis the likes of which we've never seen with his crappy fiscal policies.

He'll also send us into an economic crisis the likes of which we've never seen with his crappy fiscal policies.

what are you basing that on? have you been paying attention to the economy under bush? how could it possibly be worse than that? record high energy costs, a record high deficit, abysmal housing market, etc... you honestly think richardson will do worse than that? what makes hillary's economic policy any better? i honestly don't know much about economics or each candidate's policy, but i have a hard time believing it'll be as bad under richardson as you're making it out to be.

what are you basing that on? have you been paying attention to the economy under bush? how could it possibly be worse than that?
He's kind of like the opposite of DK, who wants to tax a lot but expand programs as well. Essentially Richardson, who claims to be pro-growth (which he isn't) wants a "balanced budget amendment" which would cut all deficit spending. Sounds great on paper, but what it means is that he'll have to cut a ton of programs (especially since he's not a fan of raising taxes either). Basically:
The American Prospect said:
Richardson tries to have it both ways. He also boasts a thoughtful, if unambitious, universal health-care plan (which we discussed at length in the interview) and impressive proposals for cutting carbon emissions and investing in renewable energy. But to pay down the deficit, Richardson would, in reality, have to sacrifice some of that proposed spending, and to keep it balanced he would be hamstrung in increasing spending in those areas. And those sacrifices may indeed prove anti-growth.

Richardson claims there is this vast swath of anti-growth in his party yet he refuses to name names, or even point to policy that actually supports his viewpoint. The irony is the only anti-growth Dem I can think of in the race is Richardson, he wants to simply not spend money.

Deficit spending is actually good for the economy. When the economy is in recession you have to deficit spend, either that or cut tons and tons of programs like Medicaid, Social Security and a lot of these environmental programs being currently purposed. Basically we'd become economically stagnant and be tens time worse than we ever were under Bush.

He's kind of like the opposite of DK, who wants to tax a lot but expand programs as well. Essentially Richardson, who claims to be pro-growth (which he isn't) wants a "balanced budget amendment" which would cut all deficit spending. Sounds great on paper, but what it means is that he'll have to cut a ton of programs (especially since he's not a fan of raising taxes either). Basically:

Richardson claims there is this vast swath of anti-growth in his party yet he refuses to name names, or even point to policy that actually supports his viewpoint. The irony is the only anti-growth Dem I can think of in the race is Richardson, he wants to simply not spend money.

Deficit spending is actually good for the economy. When the economy is in recession you have to deficit spend, either that or cut tons and tons of programs like Medicaid, Social Security and a lot of these environmental programs being currently purposed. Basically we'd become economically stagnant and be tens time worse than we ever were under Bush.

interesting. as i said before, economics is not my strong suit, but man, you gotta figure that ending the war would be a huge step in the right direction, financially speaking. whether any his of economic plans are feasible or not is something that would have to be determined on a case-by-case basis. if this is his biggest fault, though, i'd still have to call him the lesser of all evils in this race. he can always appoint a good economic advisor to help him sort out what would and wouldn't work. he's still my top choice for president.

If Hillary thinks the criticisms from the other Democrats running is bad now, then she'll have fun in the general election when the Republican attacks make Obama's criticism the equivalent of saying that she has cooties. :o

I'm still holding out some hope that Democrats in the early primary states wake up and Edwards or Obama end up being the nominee (though I would prefer Edwards between the two). I like Richardson, but I see him as more of a candidate for VP.

I thought this was gonna be about Hillary Duff taking her clothes off :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"