Hollywoodland

Cinemaman said:
Thats bad. Bu how they will show him in the suit?
They will have the suit and the cape but no Superman symbol of S on the front (there will not be too many scenes of him in costume anyhow)

reggiebar said:
They will have the suit and the cape but no Superman symbol of S on the front (there will not be too many scenes of him in costume anyhow)

Will there be red-blue suit? (I mean usual Super's suit, but without symbol)

That-Guy said:
Yeah, this looks excellent. I was a bit skeptical about Affleck playing George Reeves, but after seeing the trailer, I'm sold. Can't wait for this one.
Same.

Cinemaman, please work on your grammer or atleast read your posts before you post them. You are killing me.

Anyhoo, I don't think they can use the suit either. From the ahort glimpse in the trailer it looked like the suit was like a grayish/tanish color and the cape and boots were a darker maroon.

It is not illegal to say the name "Superman" but it is illegal to show anything that is copyrighted, which would be the \S/ and the suit.

The movie looks fantastic. Hopefully it gets a nice wide release.

JTIZZLEVILLE said:
Cinemaman, please work on your grammer or atleast read your posts before you post them. You are killing me.

Anyhoo, I don't think they can use the suit either. From the ahort glimpse in the trailer it looked like the suit was like a grayish/tanish color and the cape and boots were a darker maroon.

It is not illegal to say the name "Superman" but it is illegal to show anything that is copyrighted, which would be the \S/ and the suit.

yeah, it looks like they used a washed-out color effect for those scenes to avoid any legal issues

Affleck.jpg

Dew k. Mosi said:

Ooops, sorry I did a search but couldn't find a recent thread that why I dragged up an old one.

Gamma Ray said:
Are they going to have the \S/ on the suit or were they not allowed?

The S is back as seen in a couple of posts above.

This is from AICN:

Ben Affleck will be SUPERMAN, not UPERMAN in HOLLYWOODLAND!!!

Hey folks, Harry here... Just got this wonderful wonderful news. Ben Affleck's George Reeves' SUPERMAN will have his "S"! Both in the Black & White suit and the Technicolor Suit! Which means - we get to see both suits with their blissfully draped capes!!! SUPERMAN!!! More SUPERMAN!!! In case you haven't noticed... I'm exquisitely happy about this Detective story about a non-comic tragedy regarding SUPERMAN! Ok, time to shower - it is that time of the year.

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=23780

skorponok said:
In the trailer, the shot of el Fleck wearing the Clark Kent glasses...he looks amazingly like Reeves.

When I get home from work I'll pull some more images from the Trailer including that one.

Hollywoodland_montage.jpg

Just something I made with the trailer images.

Hollywoodlandposter.jpg

DeFett said:
Hollywoodland_montage.jpg

Just something I made with the trailer images.

Hollywoodlandposter.jpg
That shot of him as Clark is kinda scary. He looks just like Reeves.:eek: :up: :)

Say, do you think that, when "Adventures of Superman" came out, comic book fanboys started whining on how George Reeves wasn't true to the comic?

Kinda like what happened with Batman and Adam West?

thealiasman2000 said:
Say, do you think that, when "Adventures of Superman" came out, comic book fanboys started whining on how George Reeves wasn't true to the comic?

Kinda like what happened with Batman and Adam West?

I would have to ask my parents. ;)

Hey People!

Bob Hoskins plays Eddie Mannix, the husband of Toni Mannix, who had love affairs with Geaorge Reeves.

That means that there is possisiblity that he killed George and he knows that Brody is investigating this murder and that is why Eddie was trying to intimidate him and then kill.

Does anybody 8and that includes Ben Affleck) REALLY know what happened to George Reeves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"