"Holy Sh**" DC moments

ShadowBoxing

Avenger
Reaction score
In honor of my thread about holy sh** moments in the Marvel Universe, I openned one about those same moments in DC

Here is my contribution
;)
TT3504.jpg

Does anyone have any OH **** moments with Captain Marvel??

I'm still new to DC, but for some reason, really love Captain Marvel. :o

PWN3R RANGER said:

Pretty much the entirety of Kingdom Come was an "OH SH**" moment with Captain Marvel

STAR06816.JPG

ShadowBoxing said:

We all had that one I think :up: :O ;)

The last moment I had was the last page of Week Four's 52. :eek:
I don't even know why but I got goosebumps all over when I saw it.

Mine would be the entire last battle of Golden Age. Particularly when we find out that Dynaman was really
Adolf Hitler
and also when he kicked Captain Comet in the nuts.

power.jpg

The Golden Age is honestly the comic that made me sit up and say "holy **** - this is ****ing amazing!". Made me realise that Superheroes in the right hands are amazing. Good pick.

How about The first issue of Planetary. Seriously, a battle between Pulp action heros and a JLA like team for the planet. Effin rocked. Freakin Doc Brass surviving for fifty years guarding the computer they made with his legs looking like beef jerky. Incredible book.

Planetary is ****ing awesome. I loved how Brass, who really has no powers that would serve him any good against a high level metahuman, simply jumped onto the Superman figure's back. Badass through and through.

Both of Joker's appearences in IC kicked all kinds of ass. They were literaly my favorite parts of the series. Well, not really, but they were still awesome.

Issue 11 of John Ostrander's Martiam Manhunter series.

51327858550.11.GIF

The entire issue is just ****ing awesome. And the art is beautiful.

ToddIsDead said:
Both of Joker's appearences in IC kicked all kinds of ass. They were literaly my favorite parts of the series. Well, not really, but they were still awesome.

Hell yeah.
Joker is ****ing rude.

twylight said:
We all had that one I think :up: :O ;)

The last moment I had was the last page of Week Four's 52. :eek:
I don't even know why but I got goosebumps all over when I saw it.
I just wish comic books would stop playing out parts of my life :D :p ;)

How about Black Adam's face smash in Infinite Crisis? Gotta love the line that follows: "Absolutely.":up:

Fan of Tomorrow said:
How about Black Adam's face smash in Infinite Crisis? Gotta love the line that follows: "Absolutely.":up:

He did it again in 52. :up:

Superboy Prime going ape**** and ripping people limb from limb was pretty insane too.

When the Parasite killed all of the LexMen clones with a single flash of his powers.

zap6qj.jpg

It's about time

This is my personal favorite Holy **** moment b/c she was so forward about it:
out4135ai.jpg

Yeah, I loved that part. That's the real perk of being a superhero. Sex with giant women who could really hurt you.

I loved that Outsiders scene... i laughed out loud on that one... it's a very cinematopgraphic way of expressing the scene, yet they did it with a comic... the no dialogue panel at the end worked for a pause, and the lack of space between Grace's speech bubble and Roy's added to his "no doubt about it" attitude...

Titans Tommorow: When tim drake stomps his evil future counterpart, "WE'RE STILL HEROES!"

*cough* here goes the first post after lurking for a long time.....

One of my biggest "OH SH**" moments with comics was the sixth issue of GL: emerald dawn back in the day...I was probably all of twelve and when
hal jordan taps into the central power battery, as a green(pardon the pun) rookie and saves OA and the guardians
it set me onto reading DC comics for life. Always dug other companies, but DC makes those epic moments happen for me.

Oh, and the very end of DC 1,000,000-
gold superman prime crushing an evil sentient sun? With the "last" GL ring? Nice bit of strategic mastery on Morrison's JL

PWN3R RANGER said:

Issue #5 of Justice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"