The most boring "big character" in the DC universe?

As you're well aware, you suck at life.

did'nt you just complained hat green lantern is full of lame ass reused plotlines? lex luthor is the king of those. lets not catch feelings here, dawg. seriously the guy is like the brain always tries to conquer the world with some lame ass plot to weaken superman, if he gets in the way of it, but always fails miserably.

did'nt you just complained hat green lantern is full of lame ass reused plotlines? lex luthor is the king of those. lets not catch feelings here, dawg. seriously the guy is like the brain always tries to conquer the world with some lame ass plot to weaken superman, if he gets in the way of it, but always fails miserably.
What makes Lex Luthor interesting is the motivation behind those plots. How he sees Superman as this plague to the human race, and considers himself this savior of humanity. He's very egotistical, yet, at the same time, he has this great love and respect for humanity. Yet, he does dream up these schemes that endanger and hurt humanity. Why? Y'know, how could a man this genius let himself become so self-destructively obsessed? That question and those contradictions are what make the character engaging. All of this was beautifully outlined in Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.

What makes Lex Luthor interesting is the motivation behind those plots. How he sees Superman as this plague to the human race, and considers himself this savior of humanity. He's very egotistical, yet, at the same time, he has this great love and respect for humanity. Yet, he does dream up these schemes that endanger and hurt humanity. Why? Y'know, how could a man this genius let himself become so self-destructively obsessed? That question and those contradictions are what make the character engaging. All of this was beautifully outlined in Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.

yeah and what i said was outlined in Action comics and Superman OYL. the guy is a dope and gets no where with his schemes. i liked the introspective look man of steel gave him. but looked what happened in the end? he failed. like all of his a billion schemes in the past.

And, as always, in the end you fail to grasp even the most basic points.The fact Lex Luthor fails at his schemes has NOTHING to do with it. Hell, it even reinvigorates the question of why the hell he's so ungodly obsessed with Superman.

I will say yes, Up, Up and Away did reduce the character. But that's a bad interpretation of the character and little more. Every character has bad stories. Every character has stories that make them one-dimensional. It's hardly limited to Lex Luthor.

Ugh, dont remind me of up, up and away. Lex Luthor is a fantastic character and makes for a brilliant dicotamy. Rather than have an archvillain that can go toe to toe with the strongest man in the DCU, he fights with his brain rather than brawn. Thats incredible. Its amazing that he managed to build such an empire and stay out of jail despite the most loved figure of the galaxy on his ass. There are so many reasons to love Lex Luthor. If you ask me, he's the finest DC villain out there. Any version of him interesting, even in purple pants. Who could pull that off? Only Lex Luthor.

I've always found Wonder Woman to be a bit dull. It seems like most writers really don't know what to do with her, as she's always either unlikeable and b-tchy or just kinda...there.

There are no boring characters. Ultimately it's all opinion, and lets face it, opinions are like butt holes, everybodies got one, and they all stink...except for mines. It smells like cini-buns. :o

I always thouth it was "Oppions are like butt holes everyone has one, and most people don't like having them shoved in their face"

Oh, you might want to check that out, cini-bun smelling farts is a sign of colon cancer.

yeah and what i said was outlined in Action comics and Superman OYL. the guy is a dope and gets no where with his schemes. i liked the introspective look man of steel gave him. but looked what happened in the end? he failed. like all of his a billion schemes in the past.

I agree with you man, Lex has gotten to a point where he now is a laughing idiot, living underground makeing lame schemes. Either they kill him off, or they make him actually kill superman, because I really don't care anymoe. I also find superman to be boirng at times, but everybody finds him broing at some point or time.

And, as always, in the end you fail to grasp even the most basic points.The fact Lex Luthor fails at his schemes has NOTHING to do with it. Hell, it even reinvigorates the question of why the hell he's so ungodly obsessed with Superman.

I will say yes, Up, Up and Away did reduce the character. But that's a bad interpretation of the character and little more. Every character has bad stories. Every character has stories that make them one-dimensional. It's hardly limited to Lex Luthor.

It really does'nt reinvegorate anything, since its pretty clear that he's jealous of superman. he's a smug and dopey character that always gets his ass handed to him. he's a one trick poney." i must defeat superman!". that has always been his life long goal and thats all it would ever be. he's not a very multi-faceted character, that you're trying to make him out to be, he'll always have that one schtick, hovering his head. thats all the guy has ever been. Of course he has brillaint and colorful ways to go about his plans, and those are the interesting stories, but in the end he fails.

im not saying he's a bad character, but he's well overrated.

for me the two characters who equal boring to me are aquaman and green arrow...
they may have had decent storylines perhaps for some...but i never warmed to them.

for me dc is all about superman,batman and wonder woman.

Read Peter David's run on Aquaman back when he lost his hand, those were prolly the best years for him. Also, I enjoyed the '03 run of Waterbearer, but not so much Sub Diego. But after re-reading it I don't dislike Sub Diego any longer but it isn't the best Aquaman I've seen. Sword of Atlantis has been great so far.

I got into Green Arrow from his '00 run when he came back and I've enjoyed it all so far. I don't see how you can say he is boring with his kind of attitude and all.

Do you or have you ever even read their titles before?

Generally I find Superman to be the most boring character, Too powerful, and Kryptonite, magic, and red sun energy stories get old fast. Whose idea was it that Red Sun energy would weaken him anyway? That's like saying that my plans are going to die if I shine a red light on them. It's not like the red sun energy crowds out the other wavelengths or something.

If I were to choose a character I would also say Superman. I just don't appeal to the "near omnipotent" characters. This is probably why I dislike Marvel so much because they have too many cosmic/godly characters. Only title I read from Marvel is Daredevil. DC has a lot of martial artists though...but I prefer that then too many cosmic characters that are all powerful.

Ok first point, Aquaman is one of the coolest superheroes of all time. I liked when he was doing superhero stuff though, the moping around parts always sucked, I constantly feel like he was poorly written. His best stuff comes from JLA comics. Or the Waterbearer storyline is pretty good. Actually, you wanna see why Aquaman is the baddest mambajamba on Planet Earth? Go buy Issue 39 from your local comic shop (its the one right before the comic went down the toilet and they put some new crap impostor in the Aquaman role) He acts like Aquaman in that issue.

Who's the most boring?
See, thats a difficult question. Who do I dislike the most? That's easy,
any of the new characters on the JL. Or Wonder Woman, or The new Atom, or the New Beetle, or the new Question.
I like the classics. but this isn't a who do you dislike the most, its who is the most boring to you.

I LOVE Hal Jordan, to me, he is THE Green Lantern. Kyle was fun, don't get me wrong, I liked the dynamic between him and wally, but Hal is the man. So he doesn't bore me.

um, Supergirl, or Hawkgirl or Batgirl? I really just find female versions of established heroes exceptionally boring. Wheres Wonderman? Or PowerBoy?

Mk so most boring characters would be Hawkgirl or supergirl or batgirl, (not Babs, but the new one cassandra whatever her name is)followed closely by people thrust into the new costume for no reason at all but diversities sake. (see Atom, Question, BlueBeetle, etc.)

Hal Jordan
Aquaman
Wonder Woman (most of the time)
Black Canary
Robin

I have to agree with Hal Boredom, hence his initial croaking. Can't believe they kicked out Kyle for him.

Read Peter David's run on Aquaman back when he lost his hand, those were prolly the best years for him. Also, I enjoyed the '03 run of Waterbearer, but not so much Sub Diego. But after re-reading it I don't dislike Sub Diego any longer but it isn't the best Aquaman I've seen. Sword of Atlantis has been great so far.

I got into Green Arrow from his '00 run when he came back and I've enjoyed it all so far. I don't see how you can say he is boring with his kind of attitude and all.

Do you or have you ever even read their titles before?

If I were to choose a character I would also say Superman. I just don't appeal to the "near omnipotent" characters. This is probably why I dislike Marvel so much because they have too many cosmic/godly characters. Only title I read from Marvel is Daredevil. DC has a lot of martial artists though...but I prefer that then too many cosmic characters that are all powerful.

i think you have your companies reveresed. how many characters does marvel have that are godly? 2 or 3;hulk and sentry(but he's cooler then supes). the rest are no where near omnipotent. spiderman,cap america,daredevil,the avngers peeps. i don't see how marvel has to many godly characters. unless you confused marvel for DC.

marvel has alot more martial artist then DC or roughly the same amount.

elektra
dardevil
iron fist
echo
shang shi
im pretty sure immising a few.

but all in all i think you confused marvel for DC.

Characters are only boring because of poor writing (or being neglected on team books). Captain Atom and Aquaman are great characters if written well. Look at the fate Colossus has suffered at the hands of writers who did not put any energy into developing him for years.:csad:

i think you have your companies reveresed. how many characters does marvel have that are godly? 2 or 3;hulk and sentry(but he's cooler then supes). the rest are no where near omnipotent. spiderman,cap america,daredevil,the avngers peeps. i don't see how marvel has to many godly characters. unless you confused marvel for DC.

elektra
dardevil
iron fist
echo
shang shi

No I do not have the companies confused. I am surprised you have made such short lists. DC has more fighters and Marvel has more cosmic all powerful characters. Difference is that a lot of Marvel's cosmic and all powerful characters are not as famous. Same can be said for DC's martial artists. They are not famous to the point where a non reader would know about them.

It really does'nt reinvegorate anything, since its pretty clear that he's jealous of superman. he's a smug and dopey character that always gets his ass handed to him. he's a one trick poney." i must defeat superman!". that has always been his life long goal and thats all it would ever be. he's not a very multi-faceted character, that you're trying to make him out to be, he'll always have that one schtick, hovering his head. thats all the guy has ever been. Of course he has brillaint and colorful ways to go about his plans, and those are the interesting stories, but in the end he fails.

im not saying he's a bad character, but he's well overrated.
No, you're saying he's the most boring major character in the DCU. And you, like you always are, are completely and painfully wrong.

The most boring "big character".........i would say its Aquaman.I dont think he has been written well in decades.If there is anyone who could prove me wrong,im listening.

elektra
dardevil
iron fist
echo
shang shi

Did you even read Annihilation? Super powered cosmic characters in that mini alone;

Galactus
Silver Surfer
All the other Heralds of Galactus in that book
Aegis and the other "galactus" being
Annihulus
Nova
Drax
Quasar
Quasar II
Thanos

And pretty much anyone else linked to the book.

Yeah, Marvel sure doesn't have too many Cosmics.

Also, DC has a ton more mainstray "martial artists";

Robin
Batman
Nightwing
Batgirl
Deathstroke
Black Canary
Karate Kid
Then theres that list of the "Top 10 martial artists in DC" that all count...

Seriously, do you even read comics?

The most boring "big character".........i would say its Aquaman.I dont think he has been written well in decades.If there is anyone who could prove me wrong,im listening.

I'll admit it. I hate aquaman. I just don't find him a very appealing character at all, and I find most of his stuff boring. But, read Peter David's run on him, and you'll see why he's such a good character.

Doesn't change the fact that I still don't like him, and find him incredibly boring, but thats the current writers fault. If every issue was written like that run was, you better believe that I'd be buying it. He also had some pretty good moments in Morrisons JLA run.

Yea, Peter David's run was the best writing for Aquaman. And after he left, the guy who finished off that '94 series didn't do terrible, but not great either. I liked the '03 series start with Waterbearer, and as I said before I disliked Sub Diego and stuff afterwards, but as I re-read and think about the idea rather than how it was written, I tend to like it somewhat.

It's a tough job defending Aquaman and why he is great. I, as many other Aquaman fans, have done this too many times to count to want to do it again. But there is no way he is a boring character. :csad:

Generally I find Superman to be the most boring character, Too powerful, and Kryptonite, magic, and red sun energy stories get old fast. Whose idea was it that Red Sun energy would weaken him anyway? That's like saying that my plans are going to die if I shine a red light on them. It's not like the red sun energy crowds out the other wavelengths or something.
What a silly thing to say. If yellow-sun energy gives him his power, it follows that red-sun energy, from his home solar system, returns him to his natural, un-super state. It's a completely logical idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"