Horror Movies Aren't For Kids

The Apatow Crew

New God
Reaction score
You hear this hollywood1 So cut the crap!

Sony Screen Gems Plans PG-13 'Hell Night'

I hate how kiddie-ized Hollywood has became.

It was revealed in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly that Sony Screen Gems plans on remaking Tom DeSimone's 1981 horror-slasher Hell Night, which follows four college pledges who are forced to spend the night in a deserted old mansion where they get killed off one by one by the monstrous surviving members of a family massacre years earlier for trespassing on their living grounds. But here's the sad news, "If you are going to make a movie for a bunch of kids, you have to make it PG-13,” says Screen Gems president Clint Culpepper. “You try not to make a movie for an audience that is older than your protagonist.” More PG-13 coming your way in the near future. Yay....

That has to be about the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Since when are horror movies for little kids. that's why they got nick and disney and cartoon network!

I will Bleeping Bleep those Bleeps!

It sort of makes sense, about the audience not being older than the protagonist (who they are supposed to). And when he says "kids," I don't think he means children or 8 year olds watching Sponge Bob. I think he means teenagers.

But still theose teenagers don't wanna even see this watered down crap!

They only see it cause theres nothing else around.

We need more horror with adults as the protagonists, that's for sure. We need to eliminate the "disgruntled killer" cliche, and stop with the cheap scares.

But still theose teenagers don't wanna even see this watered down crap!

They only see it cause theres nothing else around.

If its not watered down it is rated R, they can't get in, so they see nothing at all. Movie making is a business. The goal is profit. There are still hard R horror movies out there, so I really don't see why it bothers you that studios make watered down ones too.

Here is what appears to be a Kick Ace Horror scare movie.

there are two trailer for it.

[YT]HxXZ9LHpC7E[/YT]

[YT]x1TBlPelvbE[/YT]

No wussy PG-13 stuff here.

If its not watered down it is rated R, they can't get in, so they see nothing at all. Movie making is a business. The goal is profit. There are still hard R horror movies out there, so I really don't see why it bothers you that studios make watered down ones too.
People can get in. I've seen it done all the time. ised to do it as a kid myself.

I remember seeing the scream and i know what you did last summer movies and i was underage.

Yeah there might be one R rated horror for 5 PG-13 horror movies.

Here is what appears to be a Kick Ace Horror scare movie.

there are two trailer for it.

No wussy PG-13 stuff here.

I just can't seem to escape these trailers. Now I'm spooked again. :cmad:

We need more horror with adults as the protagonists, that's for sure. We need to eliminate the "disgruntled killer" cliche, and stop with the cheap scares.

Which is sort of why I like the idea of PG-13 horror. It may force directors to actually use suspense and atmosphere to scare their audience as opposed to just showing as much blood as possible (which seems to be what JAL wants).

People can get in. I've seen it done all the time. ised to do it as a kid myself.

They get in, but they usually buy a ticket to a different movie and sneak into the R-rated one. I used to do the same thing.

And that's not very profitable for a studio when the kids movie down the hall is making their horror movie's money.

I remember seeing the scream and i know what you did last summer movies and i was underage.

Yeah there might be one R rated horror for 5 PG-13 horror movies.

My local theater always seems to be turning away underage kids. You and I seem to have been children in the pre-Janet Jackson Boobgate days. The times they are a' changin'

My local theater always seems to be turning away underage kids. You and I seem to have been children in the pre-Janet Jackson Boobgate days. The times they are a' changin'
There was what seemed to be a 12 Year old when i went to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall this past week. Not a Horror movie bu still a rated R movie none the less.

They don't check anything. people bring in these big bags of chips and cans of soda. One person had fried chicken in foil. lol.

Which is sort of why I like the idea of PG-13 horror. It may force directors to actually use suspense and atmosphere to scare their audience as opposed to just showing as much blood as possible (which seems to be what JAL wants).
The recent prom night remake tried using Suspense and it was just horrible.

They used in a million fake jump scares in it.

sounds like it's gonna be another Prom Night with each kid getting killed off one by one. I hated that movie!

If the 12-year-old was there with an adult then the theater can let him in. I've seen kids younger than that at Pulp Fiction and a re-release of The Exorcist.

The recent prom night remake tried using Suspense and it was just horrible.

They used in a million fake jump scares in it.

From what I've read, the Prom Night remake had far more problems than a PG-13 rating.

A decent filmmaker with a decent script could make an effective PG-13 movie scary. It's been done....The Ring, The 6th Sense, etc.

Even the R-movies don't need buckets of blood to be scarier. The original Halloween had very little blood and still managed to be scary as hell.

Horror movies don't need to be rated R. Slasher films, yes (but I don't even like slasher films... they're ******ed), But horror movies don't. However, recently it seems that only slasher/gore/grisly image movies are being made, which aren't what horror movies are supposed to be. How about using an actually scary story instead of just blood and gore?

PG-13 Horror movies = Horrible failure

If the 12-year-old was there with an adult then the theater can let him in. I've seen kids younger than that at Pulp Fiction and a re-release of The Exorcist.
No the kid was there himself with what looked to be another 12 year old.

Horror movies don't need to be rated R. Slasher films, yes (but I don't even like slasher films... they're ******ed), But horror movies don't. However, recently it seems that only slasher/gore/grisly image movies are being made, which aren't what horror movies are supposed to be. How about using an actually scary story instead of just blood and gore?
where have you seen blood and guts of lately? The last R rated Film out was the Ruins at the start of this month.

Also the Stepfather and Fright Night remakes are gonna be PG-13.

And for some legal reason there not gonna be able to use the name Fright Night cause there's another movie with the same name but diff premise.

Also the Stepfather and Fright Night remakes are gonna be PG-13.

And for some legal reason there not gonna be able to use the name Fright Night cause there's another movie with the same name but diff premise.

Step Father looks interesting. I never saw the original but I'm interested in the new remake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"