Goosebumps... The Movie?

SNICK. I loved that. They had All That, Are You Afraid of the Dark, and a bunch of others I can't remember right now.
but thatr was my fav od the shows. they had all that ,roundhouse and kenan and kel.

I always thought that was too much like childs play. Cause thats what people are gonna think.

Well there's been plenty of other evil doll movies before "Child's Play", there was "Trilogy of Terror", "Dolls (1987)", "Magic" (stars Anthony Hopkins), "Devil Doll (1964)", "Making Contact (a.k.a. Joey)", and "Dead of Night (1945)".

I'm all for this. But what in god's name would the plot be? There were like 400 books!

Well there's been plenty of other evil doll movies before "Child's Play", there was "Trilogy of Terror", "Dolls (1987)", "Magic" (stars Anthony Hopkins), "Devil Doll (1964)", "Making Contact (a.k.a. Joey)", and "Dead of Night (1945)".
But i'm just saying thats the first thing people will think since it is the most known one.

personally i think theres a difference between a doll and a puppet especially a ventriloquist one... but o well...

either way i still dont think it should be based on one book, because lets face it, the odds that it will become a series of movies is low imo. soo just make one movie that has alot of elements from its most popular books.

Or they could just include various books in one movie. It could be like that Creepshow and Twilight Zone movie. The movie could be 90 minutes and they could use three books. Each book would be 30 minutes each.

They can't make a movie out of Goosebumps! They could barely make a TV show out of Goosebumps!

The whole point of the series was just to exist as disposable entertainment for kids that got them into reading. You can't really expand it beyond that.

Is this what we've sunk to? Nostalgia movies based on things from the mid-90's? Did they run out of terrible things from the 80's that we all liked because we were stupid kids, and are now making even worse modern adaptations of things from the 90's instead? Soon we're going to get a Matrix remake, cashing in on peoples fond memories of the first movie.

goosebumps is older then the matrix man... lol the first matrix was what.. late 90's? i was in highschool. Goosebumps were big in 3rd and 4th grade for me

The first Goosebumps book was published in 1992, so yea, its pretty old. And makes sense if we're getting into `90s stuff.

goosebumps is older then the matrix man... lol the first matrix was what.. late 90's? i was in highschool. Goosebumps were big in 3rd and 4th grade for me

I'm aware. My comment was saying that at the rate we're going through remaking stuff simply for nostalgia, like this, transformers, and gi joe, soon we're going to be remaking The Matrix as we'll have run out of older things.

we'll have run out of older things.

Dude, its 2008. This decade is almost over. I wouldn't be surprised if in 2015 we get a movie based on something popular from this decade.

EDIT:

2015 = Live Action Pokemon movie.

I'm aware. My comment was saying that at the rate we're going through remaking stuff simply for nostalgia, like this, transformers, and gi joe, soon we're going to be remaking The Matrix as we'll have run out of older things.

matrix is hardly nostalgia at this point... and 10 years from now it might get another sequel.. ala how indie, rocky, rambo, etc are today... i wouldnt expect a remake unless technology gets light years better by then

Is this what we've sunk to? Nostalgia movies based on things from the mid-90's? Did they run out of terrible things from the 80's that we all liked because we were stupid kids, and are now making even worse modern adaptations of things from the 90's instead? Soon we're going to get a Matrix remake, cashing in on peoples fond memories of the first movie.

Of'course, they've already greenlit a Robocop remake. We'll get that Matrix remake in 10 years tops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"