HOSTAGES on CBS

Uhh... it got over 12 million with a 3.8 demo.

Hostages got 7.5 million and a 1.8.
It got similar ratings as Revolution got when it premiered and Revolution's numbers really dropped as the season went along (the long break in the middle didn't exactly help though.) Blacklist is going to have to find a way to retain The Voice's lead-in ratings better than Revolution did. As NBC doesn't expect ratings like CBS does (which I'm more familiar with how they cancel shows based on ratings), the show will likely get a 2nd season as long as the ratings don't absolutely tank.

Doesn't change the great premiere rating, though. And Revolution still pulled a better demo than Castle and Hawaii Five-0, though.

Wow, that was awful. Never thought I would miss Under the Dome.

I mean, some of the stuff with the FBI agent at the bank was so corny, you'd think it was a parody of 80's action movies.

I thought the premiere was pretty good, although I came away more interested in the Hostage takers than any of the family with the cliched privileged white kids ****ing up.

I've never seen Toni Colette in anything before, she is a very strange looking woman, kinda of alien-esque.

It does seem a concept that might have been better suited to a movie.

Btw who was the woman playing the female Hostage taker?

Watched this last night. Overall it was pretty solid, except for that stupid bank robbery scene at the very beginning. I get that they're trying to sell McDermott as this super-badass rockstar FBI agent, but that scene was just cheesy and unrealistic as hell. He might as well have shot the guy with his dong.

That was gloriously 80's! :D

Other than that though I think it worked pretty well. I like how each family member (except Toni Collette, presumably) is hiding his or her own little secret. I'm especially glad that Tate Donovan is a bit of a sleaze... if the show would have tried to make me like him, I don't think I'd be able to watch it.

I thought the exact same thing, the guys bread & butter is playing the quintessential rich white *****ebag.

I thought the premiere was pretty good, although I came away more interested in the Hostage takers than any of the family with the cliched privileged white kids ****ing up.

That's how I felt after watching it. I like it but don't care for the family except for their dog. Who I think will be made an example of next week for the doctor's inaction. :(

The husband's mistress was George Lopez's daughter on his ABC sitcom. Hmm... that body.

I've never seen Toni Colette in anything before, she is a very strange looking woman, kinda of alien-esque.

lol ... I remember her as the kid's mom from the Sixth Sense. She had more meat on her back then. Now she's got that mouth thing going like when McGee from NCIS was skinny.

Btw who was the woman playing the female Hostage taker?

Sandrine Hoyt. Apparently she was on "24" for 10 episodes. I don't remember though.

That's how I felt after watching it. I like it but don't care for the family except for their dog. Who I think will be made an example of next week for the doctor's inaction. :(

I wouldn't be surprised if as it goes on we are actually meant to see McDermott's character as the flawed hero of the show. They better not kill the dog, he's lovely Retriever. :csad:

The husband's mistress was George Lopez's daughter on his ABC sitcom. Hmm... that body.

Good eyes, you could barely make her out lol.

lol ... I remember her as the kid's mom from the Sixth Sense. She had more meat on her back then. Now she's got that mouth thing going like when McGee from NCIS was skinny.

Over dieting! Maybe the twist will be that she is actually an extra terrestrial and that is what McDermott is looking to expose. :woot:

. Apparently she was on "24" for 10 episodes. I don't remember though.

It's strange, I recognize her, 24 is my favourite show of all time and I watch some other shows off her IMDB page, but I can't recall any specific role she has had.

Toni Collette looks extraterrestrial to you?

Pfft... I take it you've never seen Tilda Swinton.

They can't both look extra terrestrial to me? :huh:

PICK A SIDE, HUNTER!!!! :argh:

:o

These hostage takers are some real softies. I now think the female of the group didn't kill the daughter's bf. The one with the drug problem is most likely going to handle the son's drug dealer problem hands on. Doubt the black guy killed the nurse. And it seems like the leader is being forced into it by his father-in-law. Wonder what the father-in-law has on him?

Either the husband has 2 very hot mistresses on the side or they did a recast. And you can tell she's going to be problem. I'm talking cooking the pet rabbit type of problem.

Preview for next week looked promising. They should move this to another night. The weak lead ins & the competition (Blacklist) isn't helping. Viewership dropped nearly 18% from last week.

Last edited:
I like how they went about structuring things in order to keep it vaguely plausible that they can keep the family hostage for 2 whole weeks, and I'm really intrigued by McDermott's character and his motives which he says are his own, I didn't get the impression he was being coerced into the plan.

I'm pretty sure Angela is still alive but the fact that neither the black guy or the girl knew what the plan was going in, and are seemingly hired guns, didn't sit right, you don't find out you're in on a plot to kill the most powerful man in the world and just shrug it off.

Preview for next week looked promising. They should move this to another night. The weak lead ins & the competition (Blacklist) isn't helping. Viewership dropped nearly 18% from last week.

Just saw the promo, it looks like the episode will really switch things up. I wonder if it might be better off on a Tuesday, paired with Person of Interest.

I'm enjoying this, they have managed their concept really well and Dylan McDermott is excellent, it might have been better off as a one off mini series though, especially given the ratings.

Im struggling to get into this, I just find it funny how the son and daughter seem more concerned about thier situation outside their home (ie sons drug money he owes, and daughters pregnancy) rather than the guys holding them hostages.

^ yeah that is silly. Hell, this would be the perfect time for them to reveal their secrets. It's just going to take a back seat to the hostage crisis. The dad gets it. He's still ****ed but he gets it.

"Forget lacrosse. He needs boxing lessons." lol To be fair though. If he fought back then all 3 of those guys would be on him. Kramer striking back was predictable but I liked that it happened. But it most likely worsen the situation for Jake.

Not sure about the black guy. Either he's mad he had to kill the nurse or mad that he couldn't do it for the man who saved him. I've been going with the former because none of them come off as cold blooded killers.

The father-in-law vibe from before is no longer. He said something about a deal. Wonder if the sick wife is being used to coerced Duncan & father into this.

I'm waiting for the 1st lady to play a bigger role in this series. If it was a less familiar face/name actress I wouldn't think it. But they got something planned for her.

I'm waiting for the 1st lady to play a bigger role in this series. If it was a less familiar face/name actress I wouldn't think it. But they got something planned for her.

I was thinking the same, I actually didn't realize it was MEM the first time she was shown but I noticed her name at the start of this ep, and the way she eyed Ellen I think she will perhaps be in on the conspiracy as she seems to call the shots over her husband.

Toni's Alien like features freaking bug me, esp in the first episode where she looks directly into the camera during the interview at the end.

urghh I dont think Ive seen a show with as many sub plots as this one.

^ And the season preview hints a lot more is coming.

Not sure about the black guy. Either he's mad he had to kill the nurse or mad that he couldn't do it for the man who saved him. I've been going with the former because none of them come off as cold blooded killers.

Okay, so he killed the nurse when he wasn't supposed to. But he's right. They can't expect to kill the President & walk away without blood on their hands.

Stupid ass kids. Should have kept going. lol @ the psych out moment with the woman who boarded their bus. Come on now.

I guess the season preview is a good sign? Like CBS is committed to airing all 15 episodes? Can't go wrong with Joanne Kelly. Wonder her & Brian White's role are?

Toni's Alien like features freaking bug me, esp in the first episode where she looks directly into the camera during the interview at the end.

She's looked like a goblin in this. Takes you out of it.

This is going round in circles now, I might just store up the remaining eps and watch them in bulk like a mini movie over Christmas when all the shows are off.

This show is really good! Monday's episode was amazing. Lost of twists I didn't see coming. Plus the President's character is not as good as we're lead on to believe. The lovely Joanne Kelly (Warehouse 13) is also guest starring.

Mondays episode was probably the strongest of the season,which isnt saying much.

The 1st lady is such a *****. I'm surprised she isn't the one being targeted. I hope this assassination isn't some revenge plot over the death of the 1st lady's brother. Which of course would be led by the sister since the 1st lady attempted to stop it by suggesting a new doc.

Nice twist on why Duncan "ratted" out Archer and Duncan's father-in-law's connection to all of this. Maybe they can play nice now knowing that they're all hostages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"