Hot Topic turns into The Dark Knight

JuggaletteJen

Civilian
Reaction score
Upon WB's okay, Hot Topic stores across the nation will revamp with new plan-o-grams and will turn into a TDK haven. According to my local DM, there will be a LOT of Joker merch., as well as Scarecrow, Harvey Dent/Two-face, and TDK specific. Also may include action figures, bumper stickers, and jewelry.

Just a head's up, folks!:hoboj:

Nothing says punk-rock like making a deal with TimeWarner to sell products from one of their major motion pictures/franchises 6 months prior to the film's release!

But seriously, I'll be stoked to see all the new merch, I'm so pumped.

sounds good, i picked up the black shirt with the face on it. i have also noticed alot more dc shirts too. they have one with all the hereos on it and one with all the villians on it, really cool stuff.

i want to see some friggin twoface merchandise!!

Well, before Heath's untimely death, HT stores were set to release all merch. before 31 January, according to my local DM and Store Manager. They went to the annual HT Upcoming Merch. Fair in LA, and all the new winter/spring quarter stuff is TDK. Now they are just waiting for WB's okay, because they may want to pull all Heath-related material...including the shirt that's already out. V-Day is looking good, for prelims.

preliminary merch. if it sells well (do they really need to test??) then a second wave of the same merch. as well as a few new pieces will sweep through.

they did the same thing with the first Harry Potter movie's merch.

Yeah I'd like an awesome TDK shirt for one of the showings of TDK I'll see.

However the midnight showing is already reserved for my wearing my Batsuit.

CFE

I hope they don't decide to pull any of the Heath stuff, because that's the stuff I want

Well, before Heath's untimely death, HT stores were set to release all merch. before 31 January, according to my local DM and Store Manager. They went to the annual HT Upcoming Merch. Fair in LA, and all the new winter/spring quarter stuff is TDK. Now they are just waiting for WB's okay, because they may want to pull all Heath-related material...including the shirt that's already out. V-Day is looking good, for prelims.
I live in the Cleveland area, I shop at the great lakes mall location

While I understand the knee jerk reaction of pulling merchandise with the admittedly ghoulish image of Ledger, the reality is his family stands to make a lot of money from his work and likeness; money that will go to his daughter. And while it can never help with the pain of this loss it can help to support her through the following difficult years.

Ill have to ask my friend Amanda about this shes the head manager of Hot Topic here in my town, if this is true I better start saving my money.

That would be unbelievably stupid if they pulled on the Joker stuff.

You're not honoring him by taking his work away from people who WANT to remember him and WANT to enjoy his performance and participation in this franchise to the fullest. You're making people forget.

You're not honoring him by taking his work away from people who WANT to remember him and WANT to enjoy his performance and participation in this franchise to the fullest. You're making people forget.
Agreed.

Thanks for the info. My friend used to be the manager of the Hot Topic here in Oklahoma City. I'll have to see if he has some info about the store here.

I agree about NOT pulling the Joker merch. That would be really lame.

Most Definetly agreed!

I hope they sell the Joker's socks. I would buy 10 pair.

I highly doubt you'll find them.
Usually when it comes to movies, the majority of the wardrobe is all custom.

I talked to my friend thats the head manager at our local Hot Topic and she calls this BS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"