Hotwire's Customsized Toys

Hotwire

Dealin' W/ Demons
Reaction score
Decided to share my artwork with everyone here. These are some of the custom Transformers I've done over the past year. Check back for updates and some WIPs (Works In Progress). With all of these mini-galleries, you can click the name of the figure to see what they looked like before I customized them.

Last edited:
Let's start with Jazz! I took a Revenge of the Fallen Smokescreen and turned him into a Transformers version of the Yakuza Stinger from Grand Theft Auto 3!

YJ1.jpg

YJ2.jpg

YJ6.jpg

YJ3.jpg

YJ4.jpg

Last edited:
This is Recon Ironhide! I loved the figure, but hated the factory paint! Besides, as any Transformers fan knows, Ironhide was red. Now, I don't mind the idea of him being black in the movies, but I thought this would ass some flair!

RI7.jpg

RI8.jpg

RI6.jpg

RI4.jpg

Last edited:
This is Revenge of the Fallen Lockdown. When i first saw the figure, I thought of Mad Max and Death Race. Well, that's where I went with this one.

L1.jpg

L2.jpg

L4.jpg

L5.jpg

L7.jpg

Last edited:
This is Revenge of the Fallen Soundwave. He's a pretty straight repaint, with a couple minor modifications. I painted the translucent blue parts to glow-in-the-dark, but was never able to get a good picture of it.

SW1.jpg

SW6.jpg

SW5.jpg

SW4.jpg

Last edited:
What would Soundwave be, without his minion, Revenge of the Fallen Ravage? With Ravage, he had this gimmick in his neck that I replaced with a ball joint. The laser blast were made using Star Wars lightsabers.

R4.jpg

R1.jpg

R2.jpg

RS1.jpg

Last edited:
And a couple works in progress...

The figures from the Transformers: War for Cybertron game...

DSCF0177.jpg

And the Jedi Starfighter I'm working on for an upcoming charity auction...

WIP12.jpg

WIP3-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, dude! Also, gave you a "Like" on Facebook.

This is a custom Sith Starfighter done as part of the ProCustomizers.com charity auction for the relief effort in Japan. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Red Cross to help those in Japan effected by the earthquake and tsunami.

I did this as a team up with fellow ProCustomizers.com member Zartanman, who made the figure. I had the idea that, what if Han Solo had been raised by a Sith. The result was Darth Solo, scourge of shipping vessels everywhere. In his Starfighter, taken from the Jedi he killed, he hunts down the ships with the most valuable cargoes, using his lightsaber to keep a tally on the side of his ship.

The ship was painted in Tamiya acrylics along with Spaz Stix glow-in-the-dark blue in the engines. Everything was coated in Testors Dullcoate for added durability.

SF1.jpg

SF3.jpg

SF4.jpg

SF5.jpg

SF6.jpg

SF7.jpg

SF8.jpg

DS2.jpg

DS3.jpg

SD1.jpg

Last edited:
Something new I'm working on. The figure is Transformers Generations Drift, and I am designing him a massive sword to go along with a new paint job.

IMAG0047.jpg

Last edited:
I did Perceptor here for a Japan tsunami relief auction.

NRVPerceptorBot1.jpg

NRVPerceptorBot2.jpg

NRVPerceptorBot3.jpg

NRVPerceptorAlt1.jpg

NRVPerceptorAlt2.jpg

NRVPerceptorAlt3.jpg

Last edited:
You gave Drift a Buster Sword! Haha.

All around great work.

It's amazing what you can forget to paint. I put him back together to make sure all the white was the same shade, and, well, I missed a few spots. Also found some paint rub. Really thinking he may not get any alt mode colors on the bot parts. Also, you'll notice I completely removed the rear windows, looks more sleek, I think. The final paint scheme will have waves of black and waves of red fading back along the car.

Drift1.jpg

Drift2.jpg

Drift3.jpg

Drift4.jpg

Last edited:
This guy was done as a gift for a friend. I always felt, with all the stories Kup told, he should really look like he's been through Hell a few times. So, he has massive amounts of battle damage, and worn out paint.

My biggest change to the figure was a mod on his arms. It started as an accident, but it's greatly improved the figure. The doors are no longer attached to his arms, but rather pop into place in alt mode. In robot form, they attach to the backs of his legs with hidden magnets.

Enjoy!!

KupBot1.jpg

KupBot2.jpg

KupBot3.jpg

KupBot4.jpg

KupBot5.jpg

KupAlt1.jpg

KupAlt2.jpg

As a bonus, I recently received a custom G1 Snarl. There was no way in Hell I could not have both Kup, and a Dinobot in my possession at the same time, and not have a little story time!!

StoryTime.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"