Hotwire's Customsized Toys

It's the RiD mold with minor mods. Mostly trimming off tabs and filling screw holes. Will be trimming the "cape" to give him a better overall look. It sacrifices his transformation ability, but I'm okay with that.

wip2.jpg

And this will be his weapon. A combination of ROTF Smokescreen's rifle and some styrene tubing.

Gunwip.jpg

Man you got some skill! Love the War for Cybertron Prime! I noticed you have an Ebay store linked to your website. Are you going to be adding some stuff to it anytime soon?

Man you got some skill! Love the War for Cybertron Prime! I noticed you have an Ebay store linked to your website. Are you going to be adding some stuff to it anytime soon?
That Nemesis Prime I just posted should be up in a week or so. I'll PM you when I list it.

I thought I had posted the finished pics of these guys, but it would seem I have not. So... War for Cybertron: Autobots!

DSCF0380.jpg

Prime3.jpg

Prime4.jpg

DSCF0385.jpg

DSCF0340.jpg

Delete

Last edited:
This is a custom I've wanted to do for some time! It's my take on Nemesis Prime. I used the PRiD Voyager Class Optimus Prime for the base. I modded his back to get rid of the "cape". It takes away his transformation but, really improves the overall look. He's painted in House of Kolor Galaxy Gray, which is a very nice, very dark, metallic gray. I gave him flat black trim instead of the normal chrome for something different. I left off the teal and purple to make him a bit more unique, but did keep go for the red windows. The axe was made from RiD Cliffjumper's hammer and styrene. I'm still on the fence about that cannon, though. Not sure it fits the TF: Prime vibe. I'll field some feedback and maybe dress it up more for the auction.

Nemesis1.jpg

Nemesis2.jpg

Nemesis3.jpg

Nemesis4.jpg

Nemesis5.jpg

Nemesis6.jpg

Nemesis7.jpg

Nemesis8.jpg

Nemesis9.jpg

Nemesis10.jpg

Last edited:
This is Shattered Glass Cliffjumper. He was done for a friend as part of a charity auction he'll be running. Enjoy.

SGCliff1.jpg

SGCliff2.jpg

SGCliff3.jpg

SGCliff4.jpg

SGCliff5.jpg

SGCliff6.jpg

SGCliff7.jpg

I'VE TRIED SO HARD TO GET MY WASHES TO TURN OUT LIKE YOURS BUT TO LITTLE SUCCESS :(

-DOOM :doom:

HUH, I MUST BE MIXING UP MY TECHNIQUE NAMES

HUH, I MUST BE MIXING UP MY TECHNIQUE NAMES

Most of the "dirty/weathered" look I get from drybrushing various colors over each other.

Thanks for checking them out.

DRYBRUSHING! THATS WHAT I MEANT LOL

Finally wrapped this guy up. Had so much fun with my Shattered Glass Cliffjumper, I decided to tackle another SG character. Megatron!

As I started to paint the figure, I realized the original head just wasn't going to translate well into the "Heroic Decepticon" concept. So, I swapped his head with WFC Megatron. I made a few other mods to his cannon. Mostly just filling in the gaps but, also adding the tubes to it.He was painted with Testors Model Master enamels in what is becoming my signature drybrushing style, and the end of his cannon was done with SpazStix glow-in-the-dark blue.

Megatron1.jpg

Megatron2.jpg

Megatron3.jpg

Megatron4.jpg

Megatron5.jpg

Megatron6.jpg

Megatron7.jpg

Megatron8.jpg

Megatron9.jpg

Megatron10.jpg

Very nice! Those weathering made each toys look so much alive, can't wait to see more

What paints do you use? I use basic acrylics... I get fine results but I wish I could get something to look a bit better.

Also, what kind of "sealant" do you use to make sure the paint doesn't chip and whatnot during transformations?

What paints do you use? I use basic acrylics... I get fine results but I wish I could get something to look a bit better.

Also, what kind of "sealant" do you use to make sure the paint doesn't chip and whatnot during transformations?
For most of my customs I used Tamiya acrylics. I've since switched to Testors enamels and House of Kolor.

I did this one as a gift for a Secret Santa. Hand painted with a combination of Testors Model Master Enamels and Tamiya Acrylics.

Shockwave1_zpsba8746cb.jpg

Shockwave2_zpsdcb20dfe.jpg

Shockwave3_zpsa06a98bd.jpg

Shockwave4_zps9d4cef9e.jpg

Shockwave5_zpsd3af449f.jpg

Shockwave6_zps2de8ed57.jpg

wow.great work hotwire, loving your stuff.:)

This is Recon Ironhide! I loved the figure, but hated the factory paint! Besides, as any Transformers fan knows, Ironhide was red. Now, I don't mind the idea of him being black in the movies, but I thought this would ass some flair!

RI7.jpg

RI8.jpg

RI6.jpg

RI4.jpg

I like how you add your own input to it. Creative and Sharp.

AFOPicon_zps89cdac0e.jpg

It killed me to do this to my all-time favorite figure! I just shows the lengths we'll go to for our craft. This is MP-10 with some pretty hefty battle damage. He's lost his right eye and suffered a broken right arm. He has a nasty case of carpal tunnel in his left wrist that required surgery. Finally, a bad boo-boo to his left knee that, he really wished he had a mommy who could have kissed it. Unlike most of my other customs, this one is for me so, sorry, he's not for sale.

AFOP1_zps32293b01.jpg

AFOP2_zps8afc0c9f.jpg

AFOP3_zpsaa7106cd.jpg

AFOP4_zps2e00893d.jpg

This is a commissioned piece that I've been working on for a few months for a VERY patient customer. He's been put through some battle damage and given what's become my signature raw metal look. I gave his sword and shield a nice shine and a metallic undercoat. I really wanted to leave the unique Autobot emblem on his chest alone and would LOVE IT if someone could make waterslide decals that matched it! The nameplate holder was made from a Sigma 6 box top and will be used to hold custom nameplates for future works. Enjoy!

Grimlock1_zpsf4a75329.jpg

Grimlock2_zpsa11f6d2a.jpg

Grimlock3_zpscfba3422.jpg

Grimlock4_zps41456362.jpg

Grimlock5_zps57189242.jpg

Grimlock6_zps657e0a25.jpg

Grimlock8_zpsc88a4fea.jpg

Grimlock7_zpsb2c2f6b0.jpg

Grimlock9_zps5ec7aed9.jpg

Grimlock91_zpsb3152bd5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online