The Wolverine How are you watching the film?

Reaction score
I'll watch in 2D first then, if the movie is really good then I might watch it in 3D for my 2nd viewing. If the movie is just okay, I might watch it in 2D for the second time.

Converted 3D would be horrible. I don't understand the point of 3D for Wolverine. Absolutely unnecessary.

NEVER watch 3d unless its IMAX 3D. Regular 3d is a ungodly waste of money. It absolutely ruined amazing spider-man for me.

IMAX is different, it's much brighter and more immersive. Though id still rather watch it in 2D and maybe give it a go in 3D on a TV sometime for kicks. That's it though.

NEVER watch 3d unless its IMAX 3D. Regular 3d is a ungodly waste of money. It absolutely ruined amazing spider-man for me.

IMAX is different, it's much brighter and more immersive. Though id still rather watch it in 2D and maybe give it a go in 3D on a TV sometime for kicks. That's it though.

I got stuck seeing Avengers in Real-D last summer. Took the glasses off at one point and the picture on the screen barely looked any different.

3D ticket prices = MORE $$$ to the studio/producers

And less money for us. They have enough money.

The studio isn't a charity case. They should be giving us a good reason to see it in 3D.

And less money for us. They have enough money.

The studio isn't a charity case. They should be giving us a good reason to see it in 3D.

I know that and I haven't watch seen a 3D film this year. But some people especially the kids, want to watch films in 3D and sometimes people are forced to watch 3D especially if the tickets for 2D theaters are already sold out.

As long as people continue to watch films in 3D, studios won't stop converting/releasing their films in 3D.

I know that and I haven't watch seen a 3D film this year. But some people especially the kids, want to watch films in 3D and sometimes people are forced to watch 3D especially if the tickets for 2D theaters are already sold out.

As long as people continue to watch films in 3D, studios won't stop converting/releasing their films in 3D.

They're not giving audiences much of a choice. Man of Steel is playing in over 4000 theaters in the US. Only 850 of those theaters offer 2D showings. They're forcing 3D on people.

And the theaters that offer 2D have fewer showings on smaller screens.

Audiences watching films in 3D because most of the time, they have no other choice. It's rarely demand for 3D.

Ill be seeing this in 2D. Unless the midnight showing is 3D only (which has happened) or if the 2D is too crowded.

Never dug the 3D thing too much. Although I had a good time when I saw Oz in 3D. Especially the intro credits, the depth of the motion graphics were awesome. Raimi threw in some fun things through out the film.

Last edited:
Star Trek had a few fun moments in 3D (the spears getting thrown at Kirk and Bones in the opening sequence), and Oz looked pretty good in 3D.

But 3D added nothing to Iron Man 3 or Man of Steel. But the only way to see them in IMAX, had to include the 3D.

Oblivion was in 2D, and it looked great in IMAX. Unless there's an especially good reason to have the 3D, there's just no need for it.

They're not giving audiences much of a choice. Man of Steel is playing in over 4000 theaters in the US. Only 850 of those theaters offer 2D showings. They're forcing 3D on people.

And the theaters that offer 2D have fewer showings on smaller screens.

Audiences watching films in 3D because most of the time, they have no other choice. It's rarely demand for 3D.

Yeah I know that, but I said "sometimes" because in my country, half of the theaters available for movies like Man of Steel are for 2D and half are for the 3D.

Star Trek had a few fun moments in 3D (the spears getting thrown at Kirk and Bones in the opening sequence), and Oz looked pretty good in 3D.

But 3D added nothing to Iron Man 3 or Man of Steel. But the only way to see them in IMAX, had to include the 3D.

Oblivion was in 2D, and it looked great in IMAX. Unless there's an especially good reason to have the 3D, there's just no need for it.

Yeah, all my best theatre experiences have been on non 3D IMAX screenings. The sound, scope and clarity is the way to go. Too bad they don't give the 2D options for some of these, the 3D can take away the detail of the picture quite a bit.

The only 3D films that I watched in IMAX are Harry Potter 5, 6 and 8. For me, the best 3D was HP5 but I probably liked it because the 3D was only available for like the last 20 minutes. But I'm not a fan of IMAX theaters, I feel like the screen is just too big.

As long as I've had a good seat it's always been awesome. I don't think anything has beat when I saw TDK and TDKR in IMAX, the exterior city shots were amazing. Made me appreciate the cinematography on a whole new level.

I saw TDKR on the *real* IMAX screen in NYC. It felt like the theater was flying in that first scene. I wound up going back to see it again. And it wasn't in 3D!

Locally, we have a LieMAX...but it's a much bigger screen than the others and I love the picture on it, so I don't mind seeing movies there. It's where I saw Man of Steel today.

I saw This is the End last night, which was of course 2D on a regular screen. Almost forgot what those were like. :oldrazz:

I'll be seeing it in 3D, not because I want to, but because that's the only thing the theatres in my town are usually showing. I could go out of my way to find a place that shows 2D, but it would be a hassle.

The only recent 3-d films I have seen are the Avengers and the Hobbit.I will be seeing Man of steel In 3-d.And I will be seeing the Wolverine In 3-d.

It's all about charging more for film.

2D, I don't really care for 3D it usually gives me headaches. Although I saw Jurassic Park in IMAX 3D and that didn't seem to bother me one bit.

Nothing in 3D has yet matched the quality of Avatar, so I decided on 2D for Man of Steel. Luckily, I have a lot of choice in my area, so it was easy to opt for 2D.

I have an IMAX 20 miles away from here in Birmingham (UK), a giant screen (called The Giant Screen, it's non-IMAX, digital projection, 70ft screen) also in Birmingham, an Odeon about 3 miles away (showing the 2D and 3D of Man of Steel) and a Showcase about 5 miles away (showing the 2D and 3D of Man of Steel). There's another Odeon about 5 miles away.

I went to the Showcase to see Man of Steel in 2D. Loved it! Haven't seen the cinema so busy for ages (the nearly-full car park was a sign that it was busy before we went inside). I may go to see Man of Steel again, probably at The Giant Screen in 3D, though I'm not convinced that all the fast-camera action/destruction scenes will look that good in 3D.

As for The Wolverine, I may try it in 3D. Depends if I get a press screening invitation and what format they show it in.

I just wish the 3D these days was as immersive as Avatar, which was awesome.

I almost always forget that a 3D movie is in 3D as I'm watching it. The only 3D film I've seen that had remotely decent 3D was Avatar. I'll be seeing this in 2D.

I have to confess that I am disappointed 'naked' was not an option for the question connected to the poll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"