How are you watching the film?

IMAX 2D. 3D is always very unimpressive to me, especially in IMAX because takes away the luster of the screen size and clarity. So taking advantage of the 2D Imax showing. Plus, the IMAX 3D glasses really hurt my smaller friends ears haha.

Last edited:
well damn, I guess 3 times in 2D and hopefully a few in 3D....

2D screening on Tuesday. 3D 7pm Thursday. IMAX 3D 7:30PM Saturday.

Probably 3D, since my cinema has been pushing every blockbuster on the format.

ULTRA AVX!!! which from my own personal experience is better than iMAX, way bigger screen, better sound, ****ing amazing seats, no one can kick the back of your seats, thats how much space there is :D
I'm actually wanting see view at least one film in every huge screen format. I've only made it to IMAX and The Big D Experience (Carmike). I might have to make it up there just see how UltraAVX is. :yay:

LieMAX 2D. Would have done Ultra AVX, but can only find it in 3d in my city.

I purchased the 3D version at the Wal-Mart advanced screening event a few weeks ago. Not generally a fan of the format, but I am hoping this movie will be well worth it. I got extremely lucky today and received two advance tickets to see it on the 11th which will be awesome. That version will be a regular 2D, came from a enter to win contest at my local comic shop.

Hey everyone first time poster.

I'll be seeing MOS this Friday when it comes out but I'm stuck between choosing either real3d or RPX (regal premium experience) with dolby atmos.

I saw Star Trek into darkness at the RPX 3D, loved the sound but didn't notice the 3d effect that much. Maybe it was the movie. Also in an interview Zach Snyder's wife said that the movie was made with dolby atmos wheras I'm unsure of how good the 3d in reald would be. Which one would you choose?

Imax 3D. I, surprisingly, enjoyed IM3 in the format and MOS trailer#3 was shown before it which wowed me completely. I'll see it in 2D at some point as well.

I bought one of those Walmart tickets in 3D. But now I have a problem - I now work at the same theater, and I'm scheduled to work that night because of MOS and the big crowds they're expecting. So I might not be able to see it that night after all and my 12 bucks went down the drain. But I spoke to my manager last night, and she's going to see what she can do for me. Fingers crossed.

i like 3D for animated movies... But not much for live action. I will most likely see this in 2D in the afternoon.. I am too poor to see it in fancy shmancy Imax 3D on a Saturday night...:cmad:

The FILM IS NOT AVAILABLE IN IMAX-2D

I'm watching it in a theater lights turned down coke & popcorn with a bunch of people. Now don't copy.

But, on a side note 2D. I loath 3D.

I saw it in "IMAX" or whatever they call the Digital 4K screens. The "fake" IMAX, not the real giant screen. Maybe they just don't have it in 2D on the real IMAXes

Imax 3D and if I like like it, Imax 2D and possibly again in a normal 2D screening.

The FILM IS NOT AVAILABLE IN IMAX-2D
There is an afternoon showing for IMAX 2D at The Grand Theatre here and a couple of 2D showings for The Big D Experience at Boulevard 10 in Miramar Beach.

I bought one of those Walmart tickets in 3D. But now I have a problem - I now work at the same theater, and I'm scheduled to work that night because of MOS and the big crowds they're expecting. So I might not be able to see it that night after all and my 12 bucks went down the drain. But I spoke to my manager last night, and she's going to see what she can do for me. Fingers crossed.

Hope it works out for you.

There is an afternoon showing for IMAX 2D at The Grand Theatre here and a couple of 2D showings for The Big D Experience at Boulevard 10 in Miramar Beach.

i think it was just midnight showings that it was only IMAX 3-D...

I heard the 3D isn't worth it at all for this. A few reviews I have read recently said that 3D was barely noticeable almost like there were watching the 2D version of the film really. I saw IM 3 in 3D and was PISSED because I paid an extra 3.50 for nothing (I enjoyed the film though). So I will be seeing this in 2D for sure.

^ Damn that kinda sucks. My first two viewings are in 3D. That kinda makes sense though as I can't see too much of what would be 3D. Looks like a 3rd viewing in 2D IMAX is under way.

gonna try to see it in IMAX 2 times, probably see it in regular 3D once, and probably 2 times in standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"