Inhumans How can we salvage this?

But Ghost Rider was in Mvci ? And I know it wasn't Robbie but still.

But Ghost Rider was in Mvci ? And I know it wasn't Robbie but still.

True. Seems to be the exception though.

I'm hoping they come to there sense's next year and give us an X-men/Fantastic Four DLC pack. Doubtful, but a man can dream.

At the very least, throw some Marvel tv characters. Iron Fist, Luke Cage etc.

They could give Chris Redfield a Punisher skin.

Aside from the X-Men and the Fantastic Four, there are more big characters missing. Star Lord, Ant Man should have been in this... Anyway the roster is pretty small especially the other spots had to go to Capcom characters.

Can't believe how petty the tv/film "beef" is. It's even ruining the games. Not only are there no Fox owned characters in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, but there isn't a sign of any Inhumans or Defenders.

It's 100% MCU and no tv characters. No Dardevil, no Medusa. Really sad situation. :csad:

It really pisses me off lol. I understand they don't have some characters for the movies. But they aren't even fully using the characters they do have. No reason why all the recent characters weren't in the base game and no reason why the likes of Cage and Daredevil aren't in it. They have DD, Cage, JJ and IF, why aren't they using them more.

Why isn't there a single mention of DD in Homecoming from IM or Spidey when DD has been fighting crime in NY. Rand is a billionaire and Tony makes no mention of him.

I love Marvel but I get so disappointed with how they handle some things.

Its fine to me if they ignored the shows. Hopefully Dd, If, Inhumans would be introduced/rebooted in a MCU film someday.

Can't believe how petty the tv/film "beef" is. It's even ruining the games. Not only are there no Fox owned characters in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, but there isn't a sign of any Inhumans or Defenders.

It's 100% MCU and no tv characters. No Dardevil, no Medusa. Really sad situation. :csad:

Ghost Rider made it in.

And neither Medusa nor Daredevil have ever been in an MvC game.

No reason why all the recent characters weren't in the base game and no reason why the likes of Cage and Daredevil aren't in it. They have DD, Cage, JJ and IF, why aren't they using them more.

You know what's funny? They already had IF in MvC3. They had the model ready to port over and just took him out.

Iron Fist could have been a character that had tandem moves that involved the Defenders. Kinda like how they added Groot to Rockets supers.

It's such a bad business move. Daredevil is one of the more popular Netflix shows. Cage broke Netflix, Jessica Jones was critically acclaimed. Deadpool is the most popular X movie from Fox.

They can't justify this decision to take out these characters.

The whole series is a training exercise created by Fitz for the Agents Of Shield Inhumans based on the Framework. It can therefore be deleted when completed.

It was all a bad dream of the real Black Bolt. When they reboot the Inhuman's as a movie the fist scene will be the ending scene of this piece of crap and than Black Bolt wakes up.

After watching the pilot I have to say I really like the cast. They've been saddled with horrible dialogue and bad writing, but imo there doing amazingly well. I see them potentially flourishing with the right creative team.

The fanboy in me want's Marvel to immediatly get back to the drawing board and fix all the mistakes they made. Keep the cast, change the creative team.

Realistically this show will probably get buried. ABC appear to want to end there relationship with Marvel so the chances of an Inhumans/AoS hybrid season is out of the question.

New showrunner for season 2. In the first episode BB wakes up in his bed and the first season was just a bad dream. Keep the actors but change everything else.

I always thought the inhumans were cheesy even in comic book, so that has a very tough time to transfer to the screen without being even cheesier (though it can be done, see Vulture from SM).

I'm rooting against the caste system, so I'm rooting against the royal family. I think most people nowadays would be aghast at a caste system, especially where they make people work in mines just because they didn't hit puberty in a special way. That the writers wouldn't see this is just dumb. You have no real reason to like the royal family.

Why would inhumans have a human as their king? I'm pretty sure they'd have the same sort of bias that's happening on Earth in SHIELD.

If you can turn off your mind and blankly watch this (as I'm trying) I guess you can enjoy it as much as you'd enjoy any other mindless TV, but Marvel has held itself to higher standards and I want to hold them to those as well.

This show cannot be saved on it's premise. Let it die.

Well I'm done with the show. I can't even hate watch it anymore. There seems to be no salvaging it at this point, so my new question is...

IF you had to reintroduce the Inhumans to the public, how would you do it?

This is more hypothetical fun question so be creative, but realistic. (No cross over with the X-men, or Blackbolt vs Superman movie :woot: etc).

Marvel have been putting out these small 3 minute short animations for Antman, Rocket raccoon etc. They should do Inhuman shorts. Small enough to not break the Marvel bank account. And alot more freedom in animation to realize the characters powers.

I also think they could make for a good game franchise. Maybe like a 3rd person roleplay action game like Mass effect. I'm desperate to see at least one Inhuman in MvC.

To quote Batfleck in the JL trailer, "Save one". Reboot Lockjaw in a Guardians, New Avengers, Ms Marvel or (Oh please, Oh please) FF film and introduce his wacky family separately before eventually putting them back together.

Well I'm done with the show. I can't even hate watch it anymore. There seems to be no salvaging it at this point, so my new question is...

IF you had to reintroduce the Inhumans to the public, how would you do it?

This is more hypothetical fun question so be creative, but realistic. (No cross over with the X-men, or Blackbolt vs Superman movie :woot: etc).

Marvel have been putting out these small 3 minute short animations for Antman, Rocket raccoon etc. They should do Inhuman shorts. Small enough to not break the Marvel bank account. And alot more freedom in animation to realize the characters powers.

I also think they could make for a good game franchise. Maybe like a 3rd person roleplay action game like Mass effect. I'm desperate to see at least one Inhuman in MvC.

To the MCU or the public's mind? I think they could easily have a fun over the top cartoon show. And things like Medusa's hair, Lockjaw actually having a presence could be done to their heart's intent. Hell Lockjaw alone is enough to get people on board.

In the MCU, the only way is in a film because you know at the very least Marvel Studios values quality and would do a spectacular job. Which is a shame because I love the idea of doing limited series with IMAX cameras. They should have start with something less ambitious.

To the MCU or the public's mind? I think they could easily have a fun over the top cartoon show. And things like Medusa's hair, Lockjaw actually having a presence could be done to their heart's intent. Hell Lockjaw alone is enough to get people on board.

In the MCU, the only way is in a film because you know at the very least Marvel Studios values quality and would do a spectacular job. Which is a shame because I love the idea of doing limited series with IMAX cameras. They should have start with something less ambitious.

My initial idea was pitching a relaunch in the public's mind, but we can extend it to films and even tv.

I like both of your ideas. If they do an animation I would like them to follow in the steps of more mature story telling like what was seen in Avatar or Young Justice. And also the high level animation we saw in The Avatar too.

As for movies, It wouldn't be hard to introduce the inhumans as co stars or side characters in any of the Marvel cosmic movies.( Guardians crash land on Attilin etc)

Tv, I think maybe single Royal family members can make appearance's like Sif did in AoS. I'm loving what there doing with Karnak in the comics. His mini series had him team up with Coulson and Simmons, and he's currently on a team with Daisy in the Secret Warriors. Both ideas could easily be transferred to tv.

Either a film for Inhumans just in New Atillan or introduce them in Fantastic Four film.

you pull a Dallas, at the end you show that this was all a vision of the one kid from the first episode and have him go to Black Bolt telling him everything. the season never happened and they can restart fresh.

I'm down with the "it was all a vision" idea...but that would take Marvel admitting that they made something so awful that it deserves to be stricken from the record.

K'un-Lun is currently without residents...and it is a hidden city that would get these jokers out of the MCU for over a decade. I say move them there and forget about them for a good long time.

I get that people like Lockjaw and I think it could be fun to explore some planet hopping adventure...but man...the actress playing Crystal is TERRIBLE. You can't throw a script in Hollywood without hitting 15 beautiful blondes...and she's the best they could find?? Considering that I support the idea of an MCU Fantastic Four featuring an older, retired Reed and Sue...Crystal (with Lockjaw) would be a good member...but I think I'd call for a recast.

Fixing the show, I would say more thrill less fill. This 8 episode show had maybe 4 relevent ones. The stuff on Attilan showed SOME promise, but the Earth plots sucked hard. They need to focus the show, not neuter the characters so glaringly, and have stuff happen! Honestly, even this season withstanding, a good show can still be done. Most of the cast is not horrible (but Crystal is). Where they leave off has a foundation they can build on also. They just need a more focused and compelling story.

Just do what the Ultimate Universe did with Ultimate Iron Man volumes one and two: Say that this is a badly written show within the MCU.

Like on Agents of SHIELD, the characters is watching clips of this show on TV and they're laughing at how awful it is. Then they talk about how this show was made. Daisy mentions the guy who scripted this show was the showrunner "Buchanan Scotts," who wrote it from rumors from the actual Inhuman royal family. And it was greenlit by this guy named... let's call "Mike Earlputter" to air on ABC and done it on the cheap. The show ends on a cliffhanger and it says 'coming next season,' and EVERYONE laughs uproariously.

That's the only way to salvage the Inhuman royal family in the MCU.

I just think that it's AWFUL that the idea of an Inhuman city that is separate from the rest of Earth has already been done away with without truly exploring the concept. The few good points about season 1 should have been done in season 3 or something, after plenty of build. I think it'd be necessary to find some hidden place and move the cast there so they can start over...even if it was something as simple as Daisy taking them to what is left of that Inhuman sanctuary that her mom was running and saying that it was hidden "enough" so that they could build their own culture there.

Fixing the show, I would say more thrill less fill. This 8 episode show had maybe 4 relevent ones. The stuff on Attilan showed SOME promise, but the Earth plots sucked hard. They need to focus the show, not neuter the characters so glaringly, and have stuff happen! Honestly, even this season withstanding, a good show can still be done. Most of the cast is not horrible (but Crystal is). Where they leave off has a foundation they can build on also. They just need a more focused and compelling story.

Yea I'm right there with you.

This might sound crazy but this show should have focused on less story and more spectacle.

I feel American Gods is the perfect example of this. They had isolated high quality stories that focused on individual characters. Some eps didn't greatly effect the story in anyway. They were like mini pilot/origin stories for different characters.

And they knew when to stop filming when they ran out of money. There were supposed to have a few more episodes than they did, but instead of reducing the quality and stretching out the budget, they maintained the quality for each ep.

Quality over quantity.

I like the cast well enough but the writing was awful and the show was so visually unappealing. If nothing else, the Inhumans and Attilan should have been able to grab viewers attention when they see them, and they didn't accomplish that. If they somehow got the green light for more, I hope they make the show as stunning as can be. With the way the season ended, I don't even know what interesting direction they can go now.

Likely would look like AoS with Inhumans in Hawaii, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"