How can we salvage this?

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Inhumans' started by eon001, Jul 4, 2017.

1. eon001

eon001 Well-Known Member

Probably will never happen but wouldn't it be great if the team get rescued by Old Man BlackBolt and the rest of the family. (At least the ones that won't cost too much in CGI. Bye Medusa and Lockjaw).

Crystal is the caretaker of an aged Black bolt. They could explain that there alive because Inhuman genes age at a slower pace than humans or they used Inhuman technology to slow down there aging.

Crystal can be the Logan to BlackBolts Xavier. :woot:

2. Quasar

Quasar Well-Known Member

Cancelled, per epguides.

3. UltimatePyro9

UltimatePyro9 Well-Known Member

This would be surprising... if not for everything that screams "this will be bad!" From production, costumes, awkward interviews, etc. Shame though. The Inhumans could be interesting characters if done right.

4. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

I was not finding anything concrete on it being cancelled. I am sure it will be, just not seeing anything official yet.

5. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

What d I want from the carcass of the show? I want to see Daisy or Yo-yo confront someone, only one is needed, trying to exercise their royal privilege. If the Agents Of SHIELD is gone perhaps another Yo-yo web series. Maybe there would be a way for a Netflix Defenders cameo, in that case the Inhuman should do something heroic for once.

Perhaps in a future Avengers or Fantastic Four movie as a random "enhanced" person in the background fighting for the side of good as an Easter egg. Perhaps the TV stars can be big enough for a more extended cameo on a second or third Fantastic Four film if they don't miss their age window.

6. Matleo

Matleo Well-Known Member

they would need season twoo with costumes, right hair animation and better villians.

A plot with Hive would have been better with cros over to Agents of Shield.

7. S. Grundy

S. Grundy Well-Known Member

Basically, they cheaped out. It doesn't need a budget like Game of Thrones, but you pinch pennies too much and the quality suffers. Lockjaw looked good though.

8. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Huge bloody waste. And it tarnishes the Marvel name if anyone (GA) happens to flip over to the channel it's being screened on by mistake.

9. eon001

eon001 Well-Known Member

I think it had less to do with budget and more to do with time. You cant make a network sci fi show with a 8 month turnaround.

The Netflix shows and Runaways had a smaller scale and it took them 2 years to develop that. There still putting the finishing touches on Cloak and Dagger and that's been in development for around 2 years.

8 months for a show that's been described as Game of thrones in space is freaking INSANE. True display of arrogance from the suits at Marvel tv. Ike, Loeb whoever.

Feige would never have let this happen.

10. eon001

eon001 Well-Known Member

I don't know why there hasn't been a discussion to spin off an Inhumans show from AoS.

Doesn't even have to be about the Royals. It could be Daisy on a side mission to find Inhumans. Reader could be a co-star and they would be agents of the Ennilux Corporation.

I want AoS to get back to being spies. If they want to explore supernatural and space stories create spin off shows. I'd be down for a Darkhold redeemers spin off if they want to tell more Supernatural stories.

Now that Disney own Fox just go in with Agents of Sword and leave the Coulson and friends on Earth.

11. eon001

eon001 Well-Known Member

Had a random idea, which would never happen but what if Marvel made Carol Danvers an Inhuman and her powers are triggered through some crude terragenisis process.

Marvel could reintroduce the Inhumans via Captain Marvel and maybe relaunch them in the movies as part of the cosmic phase. They can cameo in Guardians, Nova Corps etc, and they can end the phase with a War of kings arc.

12. Shakel92

Shakel92 Well-Known Member

Is this canon? If so, will it be released on blu ray/dvd?

13. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

It's technically canon. As for a DVD/BluRay, I kind of hope so but I doubt it. I have no idea how many people will buy it and BluRay sales are declining anyway. There's no way they'd go to the expense I'd want them to, but I'd love to see this packed with extra features that make it basically a tell-all story.

14. Spider-Fan

We'll be lucky to even get a release that has just the episodes without any features. If it does, UK is most likely where it would be released.

15. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Well-Known Member

Scrap the whole thing. Have them turn up in a film as an alien race not living on the moon.

Sack loeb and give all marvel tv shows (including fox ones) over to feige.

16. DalekbusterFitz

DalekbusterFitz Dalekbuster523

An Agents of SHIELD spinoff would have been a better option than an Inhumans show with very little connections to the MCU. I still think they should have gone ahead with the Agents of SHIELD spinoff they had planned - Marvel's Most Wanted - as I'm sure plenty of people would have watched a Mockingbird spinoff.

17. DalekbusterFitz

If the Doctor Who spinoff Class can get a Blu-ray release, then Marvel's Inhumans certainly could.

18. Mike Murdock

Doctor Who Classics have much higher of a cult following and they usually pick the best of the best. The best argument for this is that it's only eight episodes that might appeal to completionists.

19. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Thing is the TV shows can easily be ignored. At this point, the MCU films is the "Cinematic Universe" while the TV shows are just adjunct that can easily be ignored or skipped.

20. DalekbusterFitz

No, I mean the BBC3 Online spinoff Class - not the classic series of Doctor Who. I liked Class a lot, but like with Inhumans hardly anyone watched. If that can get a Blu-ray release, I believe Inhumans can.

21. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

The latest seasons of Aos didn't even get a Blu-Ray release.

22. Mike Murdock

I'm hoping for a box set when the series is done. I know physical media is dying, but it'll look good on my shelf.

23. DalekbusterFitz

They did over here.

24. Spider-Fan

They did in the UK. The releases are also region free, so will work in US players.