Comics How come nobody complains about Captain Marvel or Lobo?

So what, he should move Lois out to the Fortress of Solitude and stop living in Metropolis because he happens to fight underpowered crime there? It isn't like he only fights in Metropolis. It isn't even like he only fights crime. Didn't I already say that his powers aid him in saving lives. Being a super hero doesn't relegate you to crime fighting only. Hell...it doesn't even mean you have to always fight. Like I said...you can't catch falling planes, toppling buildings and save sinking ships, if you don't have the kind of power that Superman has. I think the Sentry, as an analogue to Superman, clearly illustrates this fact. Sentry spends maybe 10% of his time on New Avengers BS. He spent what...2 seconds killing carnage, because he doesn't hold back. But what does he spend the other 90% of his time dong? Flying around the globe saving people from collapsed structures, huge fires etc etc. Superman does the same thing...it just isn't touched on as much in his books. And saving the world from itself (something Superman can and does do), is different than saving it from a universal threat (which is something that the Justice League does. Such as Infinite Crisis and Our World's At War).

Arach Knight said:
So what, he should move Lois out to the Fortress of Solitude and stop living in Metropolis because he happens to fight underpowered crime there?

No. Not at all. That is, in fact, the exact opposite of what I've ben saying.

Arach Knight said:
It isn't like he only fights in Metropolis. It isn't even like he only fights crime. Didn't I already say that his powers aid him in saving lives. Being a super hero doesn't relegate you to crime fighting only. Hell...it doesn't even mean you have to always fight. Like I said...you can't catch falling planes, toppling buildings and save sinking ships, if you don't have the kind of power that Superman has. I think the Sentry, as an analogue to Superman, clearly illustrates this fact. Sentry spends maybe 10% of his time on New Avengers BS. He spent what...2 seconds killing carnage, because he doesn't hold back. But what does he spend the other 90% of his time dong? Flying around the globe saving people from collapsed structures, huge fires etc etc. Superman does the same thing...it just isn't touched on as much in his books. And saving the world from itself (something Superman can and does do), is different than saving it from a universal threat (which is something that the Justice League does. Such as Infinite Crisis and Our World's At War).

I really don't agree. I think that any major world saving should be a League effort. Otherwise, there's no point in having the Justice League. And I think that Superman's power levels should be lowered to acomidate what he does regularly. So, in other words, if he's fighting Luthor and the Toyman, he shouldn't be moving planets.

Well, looks like we briefly agreed that Superman is over powered, compared to his enemies, but we are till at a disagreement on the charcter retaining that power level, for different dynamics. While this has been an enjoyable, albeit reptitious debate, I believe it best if we just reach concession on the fact that we need to just agree to disagree. It's been fun sir. Till the next thread we cross paths or align in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"