Dark Phoenix How confident are you that this movie is going to be great? (No Spoilers)

I certainly hope for the best. I remember being really excited for Apocalypse and believing it was going to be another DOFP. That obviously didn't happen, so I'm a bit more cautious this time, especially with Kinberg directing for the first time.

I hope it's a good ending for the franchise, that's all. If it's better than that, I will be amazed. If it's worse than that, I will be gravely disappointed. We'll see, very soon.

The thought of going from one of the best Marvel movies ever (if not the best) then to this in a span of less than 8 weeks... Man, Dark PhoeniX would go down as a franchise low along with the likes of Elektra, Blade Trinity, Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Fant4stic.

The thought of going from one of the best Marvel movies ever (if not the best) then to this in a span of less than 8 weeks... Man, Dark PhoeniX would go down as a franchise low along with the likes of Elektra, Blade Trinity, Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Fant4stic.

If you don't like this series or this movie, then simply don't watch it? I don't know why this movie has gotten you so triggered though. This movie sucking has no bearing on how good Avengers was so I don't even know why this is being brought up here.

Really? :dry:

If you don't like this series or this movie, then simply don't watch it? I don't know why this movie has gotten you so triggered though. This movie sucking has no bearing on how good Avengers was so I don't even know why this is being brought up here.
psylockolossus has supported these movies and posted on this site since 2004.

He has as much of a right as you do to post here as long as he doesn't break any rules.

They are Marvel film movies. You know people also compare Marvel films and rank them from best to worst. If I am comparing Dark PhoeniX to a sports commentary show, then that wouldn't be understandable.

Yes, really.

Is Dark PhoeniX having some hype that I don't know of? And Kinberg would surprisingly deliver a good by himself after his poor track record as a writer in the pas5? really. Why should I be positive about the film, when even the spoilers sounded a big miss again for Kinberg.

I actually think this is one of those movies that might look worse because of what they did with the marketing. The writing isn't going to blow anyone's socks off, but from what I've seen and read I think I'll have a good time with the movie.

I chose "Not confident at all" but I hope I still enjoy it enough to add to my other X-men films on Blu-ray.

I don't think it will be "great"... How can such a grounded adaptation - featuring a cast we hardly know and told in just one film - possibly do justice to such a classic saga?

I feel sorry for the cast. As with X-Men: Apocalypse, they will do their best to invest in the roles (except JLaw who would rather be anywhere else) but will be mired in poor material.

I don't think it will be "great"... How can such a grounded adaptation - featuring a cast we hardly know and told in just one film - possibly do justice to such a classic saga?

I feel sorry for the cast. As with X-Men: Apocalypse, they will do their best to invest in the roles (except JLaw who would rather be anywhere else) but will be mired in poor material.
wh did they even make this movie? i dont get it

and why does kinturd always have to go the ''gRoUnDed'' route??

I don’t think this movie will be “epic” by any means because it is grounded. Just from the trailers alone we are getting another Jean origin possibly with a few twists. I want to be excited for Chastain’s character and who she really is but so far it seems like another bland villain due to the lack of action we’ve seen from her I supposed.

However I am excited for the action scenes just from the interviews and some spoilers I read those are the best in the entire franchise history. If it’s one thing the X-Men are known for they know how to fight as a team and use their powers in combat. I’m glad Jean will have more to do with her powers instead of just standing around and moving her head and making evil eyes like TLS. However I wish it was more build up for the Phoenix before this movie but whatever I going to support the movie and will see it in 3D.

I’m not betting on it being “great” but I am confident it will be a pretty good movie. Hopefully it’s a good cap off to the X-franchise and a redemption for the botched X3. That’s all I want.

After Apocalypse, I have zero confidence. I thought the first trailer looked pretty cool, but then I saw more and more scenes that mirrored X3, and I just can't. I've got a few friends who are going to see it, and my little girl wants to see it because of Phoenix, but I will probably wait until I hear someone in my "brain trust" tell me that it is awesome. My kids know the deal. If the movie looks like it's going to suck, and there's Avengers Endgame and Shazam playing a couple of rooms over...we'll just go see one of those.

I don't WANT it to suck, but the cast didn't wow me in the last film, and I just don't see a lot of promise in this one. To all who go, I hope you enjoy it!

Il be honest my hype for this has decreased quite a bit in the last couple of weeks. Maybe its because Im reading these forums and other platforms a lot but I keep seeing the same criticisms levelled at the movie - new cast is not a draw, Magneto/Mistique/Xavier triangle prominent again, Beast in human form needlessly, Cyclops and Storm taking a back seat, costumes are average, scope is small, redoing Dark Phoenix again, etc. And i cant argue against any of the points really no matter how much I want to. Ontop of that is the multiple delays, big reshoots, short runtime, the bad rumours early on from test screenings, the late review embargo lift and now the recent leaks of the last 10 mins of the movie.

I dont really know what kind of movie to expect now, but hopefuly its not a sad final flight

Il be honest my hype for this has decreased quite a bit in the last couple of weeks. Maybe its because Im reading these forums and other platforms a lot but I keep seeing the same criticisms levelled at the movie - new cast is not a draw, Magneto/Mistique/Xavier triangle prominent again, Beast in human form needlessly, Cyclops and Storm taking a back seat, costumes are average, scope is small, redoing Dark Phoenix again, etc. And i cant argue against any of the points really no matter how much I want to. Ontop of that is the multiple delays, big reshoots, short runtime, the bad rumours early on from test screenings, the late review embargo lift and now the recent leaks of the last 10 mins of the movie.

I dont really know what kind of movie to expect now, but hopefuly its not a sad final flight

I feel you. Honestly, it just saddens me how far the franchise has fallen! I remember going into X3 totally hyped! It was going to be INCREDIBLE! Then...X3 happened. A 6 foot Juggernaut got taken out by Shadowcat, Wolverine was the only one who could defeat Phoenix (?!), and Cyclops was killed in the first 15 minutes, and barely anyone cared. Here we are, and they are following a LOT of the same beats. I just KNOW they could have done so much more.

Hiring a different writer should have been the first step then a director that isn't Simon Kinberg should have been the second. It was like FoX just threw in the towel, and just gave up the series to Kinberg, for eXactly what reason? because Kinberg was willing to get a salary cut? ugh.

I feel you. Honestly, it just saddens me how far the franchise has fallen! I remember going into X3 totally hyped! It was going to be INCREDIBLE! Then...X3 happened. A 6 foot Juggernaut got taken out by Shadowcat, Wolverine was the only one who could defeat Phoenix (?!), and Cyclops was killed in the first 15 minutes, and barely anyone cared. Here we are, and they are following a LOT of the same beats. I just KNOW they could have done so much more.

But they’re not following any of those beats. :huh:

But they’re not following any of those beats. :huh:
Mystique in place of Professor X's death. The suburb confrontation. Jean goes bad and has to be stopped...It's very similar. I wasn't referring to those particular X3 nuggets of awfulness. In fact, I'm hoping it will AT LEAST be better than X3...but that's a LOW bar, and this film doesn't have anything nearly as good as X2 preceding it, sadly.

I wasnt active on any internet forums back in 2006 so I dont know what the general hype surrounding X3 would have been amongst the community, but I was excited myself. However being more aware of studio production workings now at an older age than back in the early 2000s, wouldnt the backstage problems of X3 have diminshed the hype leading up to release? I mean Singer had left the project along with the original writers and Kinberg was hired as a writer who at that point didnt have the best track record with xXx and Mr Mrs Smith. Those are pretty obvious red flags. and isnt too much different to what we have now with Dark Phoenix and the hype is very low, albeit its off the back of Apocalypse rather than a high quality entry like X2.

And yeah X3 could have been a lot better with Doughertys/Singers original pitch of having Cylcops a main lead and pushing the Xmen to be better because they let Jean die.

Kinberg was an unknown quantity back then and obviously he had not ruined the X-men, with TLS and Apocalypse, back when X3 was in production. So we didn't know then how he would handle (or mishandle) the X-men and what terrible lines he would give those characters.

So you realize XXX and Mr and Mrs Smith would have been red flags back then? No offense but how can you ask people why there wasn't apprehension about Kinberg's hiring in 2005, the fact that he has *those* two red flags but now in 2017-2019 you are seemingly ok with him having those two in addition to gems like Jumper, This Means War, Fant4stic, and Apocalypse?

This is the problem: You guys tell us to give Kinberg a chance. He's been given plenty of chances.

Maybe one day we get a DP story where Cyke doesn’t have to take a back seat. Although at least I’d bet that he doesn’t take as much of a back seat here as he did in X3. :D: :csad:

So people who haven't seen it shouldn't be able to say bad things about it?

But you can say it "is gonna be at the very least good?" Tell me, when did you see it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"