How did you like the music incorporated with the film?

db85usa

HeHe!
Reaction score
IMO the music was awesome and fit the movie it seemed like there was an actual "theme" or more "themes" for characters... you hear a theme in a lot of songs. In the scene before Xavier dies I was just saying WOW to the music. I liked it much better than Kamen's score and Ottman's horrible score for X2.

The swooping music whenever Angel appeared was over the top and irritating.

Everytime Jean killed, I really enjoyed the music....

The music with Iceman/Kitty was good, as well as the music when Logan/Storm look for Jean at the lake.

I hated the Danger Room music...

I still prefer John Ottman (X2), but I think Powell did a great job as well, for the most part.

The score was the most obvious atrocity in this film. It was overbearing and beat you over the head with sound while you were trying to get sucked into a story.
There were a few moments that werent so over the top, but for the most part, it was horrid.
I am not exactly a movie expert...so for someone like me the score should slightly compliment...I almost shouldnt notice it...but when Im watching the film and the scores smacks me and makes me think "GEEZ" then it is horrible.

I liked the music during the scott/jean scene, and the proff/jean scene. Other than that I hated it. Didn't fit at all.

How did you like the music incorporated with the film?

I found it distracting for most of the time.

i thought it was really going to be distracting, i barely noticed it the first viewing, but the second viewing i turned to the gf, and was like ' i want this sdtk now!'

I'll be honest, shortly after the Movie was over I already forgot almost the entire score.

The only score I remember is when the cure got introduced in the beginning, because there were no actors I had to pay attention to. And it was horrible.

The score was corny, and over the top. Dude needs to take a class in subtlety.

Did they use the music from the trailer? You know, the choir and strings. I didn't hear it and that was the best bit imo.

Don't know why, but I really didn't notice the music, believe me or not. I want to see the film again to know how it was and maybe I'll enjoy it a little more. I'm sure it will be so.

I loved it. I wasn't distracted by it at all and the score fit most parts in the movie. Powell did a good job.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
I loved it. I wasn't distracted by it at all and the score fit most parts in the movie. Powell did a good job.

I agree. :) :up: especially Dark Phoenix Tragedy and Phoenix Rises. oh and Whirlpool of love.

yeah i thought the film was really good, but you could just tell it lacked Singer!! Btw did they have the theme used in X Men 2's introduction, and ending?? As i cant remember it atall in the 3rd

I didn't find it distracting. I like the Jean music a lot, when she killed Xavier and Cyke.

db85usa said:
IMO the music was awesome and fit the movie it seemed like there was an actual "theme" or more "themes" for characters... you hear a theme in a lot of songs. In the scene before Xavier dies I was just saying WOW to the music. I liked it much better than Kamen's score and Ottman's horrible score for X2.
I loved the music, but I think they removed that mystical music that used to play through the Jean/Logan make out scene..

It sucked. It was loud, intrusive and over the top. I never even usually notice films music. One of many, many bad things.

LoGaN's RuNNer said:
I loved the music, but I think they removed that mystical music that used to play through the Jean/Logan make out scene..

I did notice that. :( why did they do that?

I loved the music. I think the themes for Jean were incredibly powerful, and I loved the new main theme for the X-Men, especially when they start appearing one by one for the last battle.

The music was great!
And we need X 4 to bring back Cyclop and Professor X
A powerful mutant like apocalypse should be able to pull it off I guess!

I thought it was over the top and corney at times. It was the worst in the danger room, where it was annoying. During Xavier and Jean's face-off, however, it seemed to fit.

I think the score was the best of the series.

U guys say x2 had better score (which i think SUCKED) but at the same time say F4 had a bad score which btw were done by the same person i.e. Ottoman.

X3 had an epic score while x2 didn't. PERIOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"