How do I check IF I can play PC games on my computer?

TX85

Avenger
Reaction score
I've always been more of a console gamer and I haven't played a PC disc game in years,But I'm very curious in trying them now yet I don't know IF I have the right requirements!!

All I know is I have a HP desktop/I bought it brand new a few years ago and I have Windows Vista,So where do I find these stuff on my computer so I can compare to the PC game boxes?

And IF I do find this info..Is there websites that mention the game requirements?So I don't go all the way to the store for nothing!

Should say recommended and minimum on the back of the box (scroll down on game steam page). If your not sure what your specs are, right click "my computer" go to prop and then device manager. Generally though, if you have intigrated graphics you will be reduced to older and lower spec games. Thankfully alot of them are good and even some still played alot online. Battlefield 1942 for example. One of the good things about the pc is that if a game is good and geta a decent following, it geta very long lifespan long after people have moved onto the next hyped game.

Last edited:
Thanx for that"Can You Run It"site as it works great,And yeah WAYCS you were right about the"integrated graphics"..My video card is the only thing preventing me from being able to play most new games!!!

I've never used Can You Run It thing before, it's really great, thank you for sharing!
I usually checked the system requirements and if they were okay I sometimes installed the game to realize it wasn't still supported. That was really a frustration especially after I spent a lot of money on some collector's edition!:(

I'll be using this tool from now on.

I've always been more of a console gamer and I haven't played a PC disc game in years,But I'm very curious in trying them now yet I don't know IF I have the right requirements!!

All I know is I have a HP desktop/I bought it brand new a few years ago and I have Windows Vista,So where do I find these stuff on my computer so I can compare to the PC game boxes?

And IF I do find this info..Is there websites that mention the game requirements?So I don't go all the way to the store for nothing!
Hi,Use PDF Unlocker software to remove restrictions from PDF files and also you can take the advantage of useful function that is available to set password on PDF files.

Thanks

There are many website to check game compatibility, requirement. Here's the website that i use. systemrequirementslab.com

If you have a PC game it was probably invented and created to play in a Personal Computer, so if you have a Personal Computer you could probably play a Personal Computer game.

Some games require a certain amount of PC memory or processor speed to be able to play.

The game cover usually tell you what PC requirements you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"