PS3 "clearly a computer"

It is a good thing Sony Games are not Online Type Stuff. At least not the RPGS

Yeah, but I bought a first-gen PS2. You know, the one you need to get the modem and stuff and then sign on? It was a little too pricey and a bit of a hassle for me so I decided to forsake the whole thing altogether. The most online experience I have is on my cuz's X Box

MoviesKickAss said:
It is a good thing Sony Games are not Online Type Stuff. At least not the RPGS

Not yet, but with FF 12 being a huge success and all and word of a Grandia Online coming soon the "New" RPG might very well be Online. Plus there is Phantasy Star on the PS2

sandwraith said:
Looking "at" and looking "for" are two different things...THWIP*(?)

ARE YOU REALLY THAT SIMPLE, OR ARE YOU JUST TRYING TO BE DIFFICULT? :confused:

I wouldn't know. I'm not the one being judgemental here aren't I?

sandwraith said:
I wouldn't know. I'm not the one being judgemental here aren't I?

NO....YOU'RE JUST THE ONE WHO CONTINUALLY FAILS TO COMMUNICATE YOUR THOUGHTS ACCURATELY. :o

Hey, a thought's a thought. Now with your undoubtedly high levelled acumen, you can probably figure out what I just said right THWIP*? 'Sides I've seen some of your previous posts on other threads. Last thing I want is to be on someone's "List" for no reason other than disagreeing with him/her or my inability to voice my thoughts in an understandable manner

sandwraith said:
Hey, a thought's a thought. Now with your undoubtedly high levelled acumen, you can probably figure out what I just said right THWIP*? 'Sides I've seen some of your previous posts on other threads. Last thing I want is to be on someone's "List" for no reason other than disagreeing with him/her or my inability to voice my thoughts in an understandable manner

I DON'T BOTHER PUTTING PEOPLE ON "LISTS"......I JUST PUT THEM ON "IGNORE". :confused:

ANYWAY......I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE POINT YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE MAKING. DO YOU REALLY THINK THERE'S NOT BEEN SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE THAT 'SONY' SAID/DONE WHAT'S BEEN STATED.......AND MORE? YOU SURELY CAN'T BE THAT NAIVE AND/OR BLIND.

Krazy Ken may talk the talk but what he says may not be what's really going on behind the scenes. Even as we speak Sony might be trying to deal with the thousands and thousands of complaints that the are no doubt receiving as news of the PS3 is slowly being flooded into the media. Had Sony been so confident in their product they would have gone in half-cocked ala Sega during its runs on both the Saturn and the Dreamcast....God I miss my Dreamcast....The time gap and the delays not only serve to piss off the fans as it has done thus far but also helps Sony to retweak its product in as many ways feasible. No doubt upon reading Krazy Ken's comments Sony must be getting flooded with questions about what he means, how he intends to pull it off, is he really krazy or is he just a bastard or whether its a just a bad joke. Now with the 360 taking the Spotlight, Sony has to be very careful with what they add and what they take away which promises for more delays half-truths and pompous comments from now till Christmas. If we're lucky.

sandwraith said:
Krazy Ken may talk the talk but what he says may not be what's really going on behind the scenes. Even as we speak Sony might be trying to deal with the thousands and thousands of complaints that the are no doubt receiving as news of the PS3 is slowly being flooded into the media. Had Sony been so confident in their product they would have gone in half-cocked ala Sega during its runs on both the Saturn and the Dreamcast....God I miss my Dreamcast....The time gap and the delays not only serve to piss off the fans as it has done thus far but also helps Sony to retweak its product in as many ways feasible. No doubt upon reading Krazy Ken's comments Sony must be getting flooded with questions about what he means, how he intends to pull it off, is he really krazy or is he just a bastard or whether its a just a bad joke. Now with the 360 taking the Spotlight, Sony has to be very careful with what they add and what they take away which promises for more delays half-truths and pompous comments from now till Christmas. If we're lucky.

ALL I KNOW FOR CERTAIN IS, THEY BURNED ME ON THE 'PS2' LAUNCH WITH THEIR BULLS**T.........THEY AREN'T GETTING ME AGAIN. IF THE 'PS3' DROPS TO $400 BY NEXT X-MAS, I'LL PICK ONE UP THEN......MAYBE.

Gammy v.2 said:
Don't worry, we still have someone taking care of that.

0916-NINTENDO-REV-02.JPG
:up:

Agreed. The launch prices are a real pain. And truthfully speaking, I'm not getting one until Sony gives me realistic looking controller and not something Capt. Boomerang tossed out the window. I can tell that that thing's not going to fly both literally and in a marketting sense. I pray there will be variations...

sandwraith said:
Agreed. The launch prices are a real pain. And truthfully speaking, I'm not getting one until Sony gives me realistic looking controller and not something Capt. Boomerang tossed out the window. I can tell that that thing's not going to fly both literally and in a marketting sense. I pray there will be variations...

Ummm...dude....have you been paying attention at ALL in the last month??

imdaly said:
Ummm...dude....have you been paying attention at ALL in the last month??

I THINK IT'S PRETTY OBVIOUS HE HASN'T. :(

Umm, dude, I haven't been in contact with a PC in three months. Why, is there something I missed?

OOOOOOH yeah.

This explains at least a LITTLE bit why you are confused at how people can be upset about the info being released about the PS3: You've missed all of it.

Do yourself a huge favor and go read up on everything you can about last months' E3 and everything after that.

And yes, the Boomerang controller is gone, and replaces is...wait for it...the same controller we've had for Playstation since the beginning! Added, is wireless capability, an XBOX Guide Button, and Kirby Tilt-n-Tumble funcionality, which will be great for....flight games...Monkey Ball...and....that's about it. Oh, and say goodbye to any Rumble feature on PS3. Kirby can tilt, but he can't shake.

Be careful what you wish for.

Edit: Here's the Sony E3 Thread, page 7 (where people start commenting on the Sony Press Conference). This is a good start for your research.

I see. So after claiming that Sony has its head stuck so far up its ass to the point it can no longer hear the outside world it has after some discretion, changed the shape of its controller which was a concern to a number of fans that Sony really wouldn't give a crap about right? Oddly benevolent of them wouldn't you say?

sandwraith said:
I see. So after claiming that Sony has its head stuck so far up its ass to the point it can no longer hear the outside world it has after some discretion, changed the shape of its controller which was a concern to a number of fans that Sony really wouldn't give a crap about right? Oddly benevolent of them wouldn't you say?

They claim that the Boomarang was just a decoy to the real controller this whole time, thus trying to make it sound like they never were REALLY wanting to use that controller.

So they give us a 10 yr-old controller, add an XBOX button, add a tilt-function that will be practically useless, and remove the now-standard rumble fuction.

If you ask me, it's a huge step back, and I'd rather have the crappy Boomerang than this.

Sony Customers: "We want DualShock back!"
Sony: "FINE! Here..." <spits on DualShock> "...you can have it back"

As I've said before, light the torches after the consoles hit the street. I have my reservations about the Wii's controller too but I won't know till I try it.

Decoy heh. Sounds like a pretty cliche "Mission Accomplished" line to me. Further evidence that Sony does listen to the fans, if somewhat selective in choice

sandwraith said:
As I've said before, light the torches after the consoles hit the street. I have my reservations about the Wii's controller too but I won't know till I try it.

Decoy heh. Sounds like a pretty cliche "Mission Accomplished" line to me. Further evidence that Sony does listen to the fans, if somewhat selective in choice

1239wg5.jpg

I wasn't about to dismiss the boomerang outright but I am active in local fighting game tournaments so I'm very particular about the familiarity that I have with my controller. Call it being overtly cautious or just plain stupid but I like to do things with stuff I'm familiar with. And Dual Shock ain't that crappy. Maybe they could market both one to the...new generation and another to old schoolers

Yeah, I wore that along with my braces about 4 years ago. Brings back memories

sandwraith said:
Yeah, I wore that along with my braces about 4 years ago. Brings back memories

WHY DID YOU WEAR BLINDERS WITH YOUR BRACES? WAS IS SO YOU COULDN'T SEE PEOPLE LAUGHING, AS THE WALKED PAST YOU? :confused:

imdaly said:
OOOOOOH yeah.

This explains at least a LITTLE bit why you are confused at how people can be upset about the info being released about the PS3: You've missed all of it.

Do yourself a huge favor and go read up on everything you can about last months' E3 and everything after that.

And yes, the Boomerang controller is gone, and replaces is...wait for it...the same controller we've had for Playstation since the beginning! Added, is wireless capability, an XBOX Guide Button, and Kirby Tilt-n-Tumble funcionality, which will be great for....flight games...Monkey Ball...and....that's about it. Oh, and say goodbye to any Rumble feature on PS3. Kirby can tilt, but he can't shake.

Be careful what you wish for.

Edit: Here's the Sony E3 Thread, page 7 (where people start commenting on the Sony Press Conference). This is a good start for your research.

Don't forget Patenting the Wii's controllers capabilities after Nintendo, calling it there own, and then saying that they set the standard for gaming controls and that everyone copies them.:rolleyes:

Yeah. I was ashamed of the fact that my teeth were laced in $500 metals and could never be accepted by mainstream society for my differences in appearance.I carried it like a man should, always looking forward and never sideways. Later I realised this extended to thoughts as well, how people label other because of what they think. Such a world we live in...it brings a tear to my eye

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"