Superman Returns How Do You Feel About Singer NOW Thread

no, this one will becaue it's the newest.

Just like Batman BEgins and Tim Burton's Batman

Tim Burton's Batman was good, but you don't see Christopher Nolan praising Burton about this and that and incorporating it into his film

Baadshah2 said:

Tim Burton's Batman was good, but you don't see Christopher Nolan praising Burton about this and that and incorporating it into his film

That is why I said "For now anyway". No one has seen Superman Returns, therefore, until it is finished, everyone will use Donner's film as the yardstick. Even Singer, as he has so many times already.

Venom71 said:
I still have faith in Singer and this pic of the suit is the old one...we all have seen the one with the brighter red so we know the red will not be that dark. The suit looks great! :cool:

The George and Chris costumes look almost identical, except for the S.

The new one is.. different. Yep, different is a good word. Same + Same does not equal different. :p

Baadshah2 said:

But then again Burton's take never penetrated the collective consiousness the way Donner's did. More people remember that movie for the Nicholson's Joker than anything else.

Donner's movie provides a great starting point/template of sorts. From there I'm sure Singer will be able to incorporate his own take on the character and deliever what increasing looks like what will be a great movie. Of course we have to wait until June 30 to really know.

if that is true Rob-el, and Singer is taking his own vision and own concepts, than why have a character like Kitty? I don't see the reason for Singer to cling on to characters or character-types like OTIS and MISS Techmacher. I don't get it. Hopefully we will get a blog this week, or i would be pissed

I never doubted Singer about anything, only the suit

but, now with the new pics of Kitty and Lex. Lex is the bomb. But, seeing how Kitty's wardrobe is, we can confirm that she is doing a campy character. And, it looks like Lex is going on his evil missions with his crime gang, like he did in the earlier movies

How do u feel about Singer now after these photos. Still have the faith..or......

Baadshah2 said:
but, now with the new pics of Kitty and Lex. Lex is the bomb. But, seeing how Kitty's wardrobe is, we can confirm that she is doing a campy character. And, it looks like Lex is going on his evil missions with his crime gang, like he did in the earlier movies

How do u feel about Singer now after these photos. Still have the faith..or......
Yes I do...at first I was leary of Kitty but I trust that Singer knows what he is doing. :up: :supes:

I started off low when i heard the casting, a little higher confidence after Comicon report/Q&A, seeing Kitty and LEx along with Kate Bosworth has lowered my faith in this film a little bit from then.

Baadshah2 said:

How can we confirm what the script is like from pictures, seriously? :confused:

I still have faith in singer.

Baadshah2 said:
if that is true Rob-el, and Singer is taking his own vision and own concepts, than why have a character like Kitty? I don't see the reason for Singer to cling on to characters or character-types like OTIS and MISS Techmacher. I don't get it. Hopefully we will get a blog this week, or i would be pissed

Lex needs comic relief. You don't want to take him too seriously. ;)

I'm still not impressed with Singer's approach to Superman. Based on what I've seen so far, on a personal level I still am not crazy about Singer's approach.

Singer's approuch is fine. I can understand that he doesn't need to do an origin story, since there are alot materials that already have and is showing the orgins, like the Smallville series and Donner's film. So, i believe he is going straight into the action

You know who Batman Begins is the Batman film people are waiting for, and Spiderman 2 was the Spiderman film they have been waiting for. Maybe Superman Returns is the Superman film we have been waiting for.

But, i still don't like the fact that he is using materials from Donner's vision, i just don't agree with that. Donner's film was ok, but leave it be, there were moments in that film that doesn't make since, like spinning the world backwards.

Plus, from the Q&A footage from Singer, he says that he didn't read alot of the comics, and when asked about it, he told the viewers that if they want a backstory, go watch Donner's film and George reeve's show?

It's like materials that are based on the comic, but they dont really commit to the comiic fully, and now Superman Returns is based on the movies and series that weren't 100% commited to the comic in the first place

Still conflicted, but I am looking forward to watching the film.

Baadshah2 said:
Singer's approuch is fine. I can understand that he doesn't need to do an origin story, since there are alot materials that already have and is showing the orgins, like the Smallville series and Donner's film. So, i believe he is going straight into the action

You know who Batman Begins is the Batman film people are waiting for, and Spiderman 2 was the Spiderman film they have been waiting for. Maybe Superman Returns is the Superman film we have been waiting for.

But, i still don't like the fact that he is using materials from Donner's vision, i just don't agree with that. Donner's film was ok, but leave it be, there were moments in that film that doesn't make since, like spinning the world backwards.

Plus, from the Q&A footage from Singer, he says that he didn't read alot of the comics, and when asked about it, he told the viewers that if they want a backstory, go watch Donner's film and George reeve's show?

It's like materials that are based on the comic, but they dont really commit to the comiic fully, and now Superman Returns is based on the movies and series that weren't 100% commited to the comic in the first place

that's basically how I feel too. I have faith, but some stuff still bothers me.

Baadshah2 said:

Thats basically how I feel, the Lois with a kid is not something I looking forward to either. I still have much faith in the movie, it just that somethings sort of bothers me.

Baadshah2 said:

A Pre-Crisis Superman is a droll turn-off to me personally. I'll still see the film, but this approach was not something I cared for. I also don't care for the lack of a physical antagonist (speculation) for Superman to deal with. Today's technology would have made that epic to complement a great story. I am also not enamored with Singer's fetish with doing things as much along the Donner lines as he is. It worked in the 70's, but my personal views are that it will not translate as well in today's world. Add to the fact that POTC 2 is going to be released one week after Superman Returns. If SR doesn't set a standard, it will not do as well as people think it may; Just my opinion.

Singer will return Superman franchise to new life, I am sure in this! :up:

I didn't see the film when it came out...not that I didn't want too...I really did, but never found the time...I've seen it a few times over the last few years...and I really enjoy the film. I would place it near the top of my favorite comic films.

I am a big Superman/DC fan. I have seen SR at least twice. That probably carries its own story.

On both of the occasions that I recall, I have quite enjoyed the movie.

I never feel the need to revisit it, though.

I think Singer should move on from comic book movies and let someone else have a crack at Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"