How do you read comics?

This question is going to make me start thinking about how I read comics AS I READ THEM! :(

Ok, more specifically, I picked up a comic to see how I read them. I read some words on the panel, look at the art, then read more of the words. Since we see more than the meer words when looking at the panel, they kind of both are happening at the same time. I never really give a big long glace at the art, though. There isn't a way of...read....look at art...go onto next panel. Just doesn't happen that way...it's more of a flow.

Now, to be more specific in how I read my comics. Right after I buy them, I categorized them. First, I split them up into three sections: Marvel, DC, and other. Then, from there, I further break them down into seperate categories: For Marvel, I'll have X-Men, Spider-Man, Max and Marvel Knights, Marvel Heroes, and Other; For DC, it is now 52 first, then any of the OYL titles...then, Brand New World...then other; finally, the other is lumped together. THEN, I will go through the comics I haven't had a chance to read and put issues that are alike together (for example, I haven't read my Blue Beetle comics for quite a while...so, I have issues 4-8 all together this week). After that, I decide which of the first categories, Marvel, DC or Other, I want to read first for the week. Then, I read them in the sub-categories.

The only exception to the above is when I'm bagging and putting away comics...then, I'll put them all alphabetical according to the first categories; then, read them as I know I will be going into boxes.

ehem...that's how I read my comics.

I voted this way:Art, then words, per panel...
When I should've voted this way:Words, then art, per panel...
It varies,depends on my mood and how it reads.

Thank goodness that nobody has answered this question by saying, "In the nude."

I read mine laying on my bed.

Panel by panel, Page by page and then spread by spread. Depending upon the author I'll look at the art first and then the words or the words and then the stories.

i usually scan the pages to see the artwork then read the dialogue......depends on how the storyline is progressing though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"