Comics How does the marvel universe view Cyclops?

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Do they respect him? Do they look down on him?

Your name should be, Cyclops or The Cyclops. Not, The Batman.

Just saying.

My impression has always been that Cyke-- as a traditional hero and a guy they've known since (non-Marvel Time) the sixties, is pretty well respected. For that matter, same goes for Xavier and Beast and Jean and probably the other original team members. It's the edgier X-Men, the ones from the 70's reboot onward, who tend to be looked down upon and/or feared...

Though at first I thought your title said "How does Cyclops view the Marvel Universe?" The answer being... of course... through a visor.

*ba dum bum!*

Funny? Not funny. I'll work on my timing...

Elongated Man said:
Your name should be, Cyclops or The Cyclops. Not, The Batman.

Just saying.

Uh...not really...since Batman is first and foremost my favorite hero.

I remember in that storyline in Amazing Spider-Man where Dormammu decided to take over New York and all them superheroes assembled to take him down, the only member of the X-Men to be there was Cyclops, and the heroes had no problem hangin' out with him...

Captain America respects him but he doesn't get any special treatment outside of the X-Teams.

He would probably be on the same level of Hawkeye in the eyes of the average hero.

well in this little bit from bloodties, an avengers/x-men crossover cyke seemed to be callin the shots over cap...

bloodties4.jpg

I think he is presumed as being a dick, but he is a great leader and fighter

Spectre722 said:
well in this little bit from bloodties, an avengers/x-men crossover cyke seemed to be callin the shots over cap...

bloodties4.jpg

Please. Nobody out-leaders Cap in the Marvel Universe.:)

I still see him as abit of a push over and weak, I even refer him as "scooter".

But anyways, cyclops is a good leader, well its obvious he is a superhero and thanks to astonishing x-men a guy with balls.

toya thegr8 said:
I still see him as abit of a push over and weak, I even refer him as "scooter".

But anyways, cyclops is a good leader, well its obvious he is a superhero and thanks to astonishing x-men a guy with balls.
Just wait till you read issue 14...

i thought folks like cap and reed would respect scott because for most of his life he's lead and devoted his life to a team that is generally hated by the rest of the world.

I would think professionally he'd be well respect and even liked. Especailly for the odds the X-men have faced over the years. Personally is another story though. Then again I'm not sure how many know what has gone on in his personal life. The whole Emma and Jean screwed up situation. I think if they knew what went down people might feel somewhat differnetly on a personal level. It's that how it is with the X-men, that some of them have personal issues with Scott due to Emma or simply with Emma but extends to Scott by association?

Crowley9 said:
Just wait till you read issue 14...

Your posts lack a definite tone..Is it,

1. Just wait for #14, you would be pleasantly surprised?

or

2. Just wait for #14, your initial opinion would fester up again?

One word ... Wolverine.

They argue, fight over the same woman, rarely meet up for a beer ... but I bet if Logan could have one X-man watching his back when the **** hits the fan it would be Scott.

So its basically the same trifling angst of the trifling trio? No thanks.

Marvel might as well admit that Wolverine in fact, is lusting/luving Cyclops.

livrule said:
One word ... Wolverine.

They argue, fight over the same woman, rarely meet up for a beer ... but I bet if Logan could have one X-man watching his back when the **** hits the fan it would be Scott.
He said so himself...I believe the words were "I'd walk through hell if Summers asked me to"

yup it may look like those two hate each other's guts but they both respect each other and make one hell of a team.

ShadowBoxing said:
He said so himself...I believe the words were "I'd walk through hell if Summers asked me to"

That statement has always bother me. I ain't going into hell for nobody

As much as I respect Cyke as a leader, it just wouldn't happen.

Let us not forget this, even though we tried hard to... who led the heroes in the attack on Magneto in House of M?

Cyclops.

It really depends on who is writing him. Depending on your view of his current girlfriend then he is either 'her B**ch' or 'troubled'.

I think if you try to look at how he has been portraid through the years then you get a rough idea of what he is like. Like for instance, some people think he is abrasive and annoying. To me that's a character flaw, everyone has them, though it is not all he is. He also has great depth and great love for his family and friends.

Cyclops is more than a label such as leader, jerk etc but is a well rounded character. It's just a shame that a lot of the writers seem to miss that and focus on the more obvious aspects of his personality.

Though I don't get the feeling that Marvel have that much of an opinion of him either way. I don't think they look down on him as he is almost always in an X-book but he doesn't always get the best treatment or even the prefferentail treatment characters like Wolverine or Spider-man get.

Well, alot of that is due to the fact that moreso than any other group of characters, the X-Men are in their own secluded universe and have been for nearly twenty years.

During the Onslaught saga Cyclops was hanging out with Cap. America and Reed Richards, who are at the top of the hero hierarchy.

cap respsects him, reed respects him end of story.

also in the latest issue of astonishing we get to see emma really break scott down in terms of why he's the leader. she says that jean was xavier's favorite and that the professor always thought psychics were a little above everybody else, hank was brilliant and good with people, and warren "looked like a god". she says that xavier picked scott to lead because he had nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"