How evil should a super villain be?

Sorta like Marvel and the whole "Rogue wasn't really raped in Genosha, they just beat her up a lot""

They changed their stance on that bit of history?

Hmm.

I always thought what happened way back to Rogue was ****ed up. It was pretty much the first time her power was deactivated and she could touch people, and those guys did that stuff to her.

Joker on the other hand, it makes sense for him to do something evil like that. The Joker, is, for the most part, aware of the things he does. He knows what it means to defile someone. That was the point in doing it. That was the "joke." When he raped Batgirl it was to defile and mock Batman. It was kind of like saying "I'm not playing with you. I will do ANYTHING given the chance. Just because I use jokes to do it doesn't mean I'm not serious or seriously insane."

I still don't think it fits for The Joker. Everything's a show for him. He'd see rape as too lowbrow for him. In most cases, at least. If, in his head, it had some sort of theatrical value to it, he might. But just to prove he's a nasty mother ****er? Too easy.

So wait, he did rape Batgirl? I wasn't sure if we were clear on that.

He shot her and stripped her and showed the pics to Gordon. Nothing anywhere says he raped her.

I think more Villains should kick puppies.

Nothing anywhere says it, but for years that was the implication. Honestly, I wonder if they were testing their waters with having Dr.Light do it. I mean they might want to be careful before making that bit a fact. DC is not stupid they are aware of people's debating and questions, and just as you said it doesn't say anywhere that he did....I don't remember anything saying that he didn't.

BUT...fans did have similar debates about Black Canary in a storyline and they came out and said that nothing sexual happened to her, she was just tortured. So why clear that up and leave The Joker thing a mystery.

I could be mistaken. It's not like I WANT the Joker to have done that. It just seems like he did. And it would have made sense for him.

I still don't think it fits for The Joker. Everything's a show for him. He'd see rape as too lowbrow for him. In most cases, at least. If, in his head, it had some sort of theatrical value to it, he might. But just to prove he's a nasty mother ****er? Too easy.

Yo TQ, what's up? Anyway, he sees everything as a show but at the same time his games seem to send messages as well. It's been said...I will openly admit that I'm referring to something I shouldn't: wikipedia/answers.com...But..It's been said that the Joker is so insane that he's possibly super sane. Like he killed Alex after the end of infinite crisis. It was part of his being crazy but you could technically see it as Joker's sense of "order". The universe was being destroyed and rebuilt and Joker killed the one guy who could have ruined things even more.

When Joker was in control of the universe, all he did was torment batman. I don't think he even bothered with much of anything else. Though I could be mistaken. I don't have the comic.

This is what makes him so dangerous and why other villains are even affraid of him. He is insane but at the same time, he's kind of ..well sane. One of the users on this board has a quote. I think it's The Spawn...But it's "It turns out that an eerie type of chaos can lurk just behind a facade of order...and yet, deep inside the chaos lurks an even eerier type of order"

To me if you truely understand the villian then you should be able to judge how evil or non evil they can be.

Like Magneto, Many people did not like when he became Xorn and impressioned N.Y. like a death camp. While I thought it was bit of a extreme point, I feel it fits the character as someone who becomes the very thing he swore to destory. Hitler tried to destory a whole race, and through the years Magneto and regressed to that same view(till it was recont of course.)

Now Joker is almost a clean slate as far as evil cause in his mind there is no connection. In his mind, he blames all of Gotham for his life so thus everyone is a potental victim.

It really depends on the character, and if you have a grasp of that then it should lead you to how evil they would be. Like Magneto should never team with Red Skull for a mass extermination cause the Red Skull is everything Magneto claims to hate. Doom should never kill any mother figure cause of his own feelings. And so on.

In all honesty, Doc Doom isn't really all that evil. He's just a d#ck. Doom really wants to do what's right for the world, it's just that he's doing it the wrong way (or at least that's how it seems to US). In truth, Doom is a ruthless bastard who kills anyone that gets in his way of world domination (and, when he finally DID rule the world, it wasn't all that bad). But the thing is, you HAVE to use force and violence at times in order to get the job done. That's what's wrong with THIS country nowadays. We're too "civilized" to whup the crap out of our enemies. In the end, it'll lead to our destruction.

Anyway, yeah I didn't really care about the whole Dr. Light rapist thing. It was a little weird to see, yeah, but it really didn't change the character too much for me. He still got his ass kicked in the end.

he a guy how always keeps is word

I agree that it really depends on what kind of villain you're talking about. There are many different motives for supervillains' crimes.

You've got guys like The Shocker or the Rhino who are in it for the money or their so called "respect". They should be as evil as any real common criminal.

There's villains that are just phsychotic such as Joker or Carnage who just get their jollies killing people. They should have no morals or boundaries to what they do to anyone.

Villains like Magneto and Doom believe they are making the world a better place and have to do whatever's neccesary to gain power. They should only be violent to those who stand in they're way. They have relatively high morals.

Then there's Lex Luthor and the Kingpin who want power for their own selfish desires. Thery can also be similar to the thugs only more competant and dangerous. The should be willing to do most anything that is needed to gain and maintain their success. Although most have some morals.

There's also the tragic villains who are fallen heroes such as Darth Vader who think their morals are ruined and they can't turn back. They should only attack those they have personal problems with.

There's more villain types out there but these are some of the most common. "Evilness" is different in each category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"