Doctor Doom and the Masters of Evil

Reaction score
New Preview over at Newsarama.

DoomMastersofEvil.jpg

Marvel has released a preview of Doctor Doom and the Masters of Evil #1, written by Paul Tobin with art by Patrick Scherberger. The solicitation for the issue reads: ALL NEW TALES!!! You’ve gotta ask yourself: If Doctor Doom’s the most evil guy ever, how much more evil’s it gonna get when he puts a whole TEAM of VILLAINS to work? It's the series where the bad guys get their say, and the Sinister Six are saying they aren't sinister enough! So, what's the solution? How about Kraven stealing a vibranium staff from the Louvre? Sweet! And how about Electro designs a new suit to better channel his powers? Great idea! And how about ramping up Mysterio's powers by breaking into Stark Industries to steal a miniaturized super-component, battling both Iron Man and Dr. Strange in the process?

In the preview the Six are pretty fun. They have a real Rogue's feel to them and I'm sure that's what they were going for. If something's good you rip it off. That's the rules in comedy and comics.

Doom looks awesome.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

I'm getting it. Continuity or no, I could use a fun comic with Doom being super-awesome in it. Looks like this could be another MODOK's 11 sort of deal. :up:

I got it but I haven't read it yet. The Roger Cruz cover looks nice, except for Doom's weird Power Ranger arm motions. Cruz is practically synonymous with fun comics to me now, thanks to X-Men: First Class. :up:

This was an amazing issue and I love how the Sinister Six have been written, which I hope they continue with in future books.

Mysterio gets so much love for this issue!

Damn! This is badass. I'm def buying the trade.

The Sinister Six definitely think they're Flashes Rouges, all right. The dialogue was corny in some places. It was interesting, but I'll pass on the next issues. May download them at best.

You gotta problem with fun? You better go pick up an issue of Final Crisis then. I hear there is serious stuff going on.

:D

:doom: :doom: :doom:

You should know I've hated FC up til now, and while this story was fun, its not worth squeezing into my limited weekly comic budget.

i really enjoyed the book and it's the best the six have been in a while, sadly i thought they would be the main team, which it appears doom will get a new crew each issue. I may not get rest

Or maybe in #7, judging by some comments DiDio made in a Newsarama article.

Anyway, I finally read this. It was awesome. Old-school supervillain fun, just as I expected. The art got a bit dodgy at times, but overall it was solid. I'm looking forward to Doom's dealings with the Masters of Evil next issue, especially since it's the classic Masters of Evil with Amora and Skurge. :up:

There have been so many different versions of the Sinister Six that I can never remember who was on the original roster. :o

I liked the first issue. It was fun and looks to be going somewhere interesting. It WAS very reminiscent of Modok's 11 which is in no way a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"